BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Change Default Email (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=118049)

ishan001 02-16-2008 03:57 AM

Change Default Email

Hi.
I have 3 emails accounts set up on my blackberry:
Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail.

Everytime I start composing an email, it shows send using: default and the email is sent using gmail, unless I change it manually.

Does anyone know how I can set up hotmail as the default email on my phone so I dont have to change it manually everytime?
I looked around but couldnt seem to find the option.

Thanks!!

ricpac 02-16-2008 05:07 AM

go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > and make sure your hotmail is there; you have the older hotmail account? newer ones don't work with BBs, good for you then

ishan001 02-16-2008 10:57 AM

Re:

I have a 10 year old hotmail account but for some reason it did not work until I upgraded to hotmail plus just yesterday.
Since I have this email for so long I did not want to change to another email provided at this point!
Thanks for the reply!

ricpac 02-16-2008 11:00 AM

no problemo, so did it work the way you wanted it to?
BTW, a bit OT... where can i find the upgrade option? i can't find it on my hotmail options; i have one of the newer accts, could that be the issue?

ishan001 02-16-2008 01:09 PM

How to upgrade to hotmail plus

I just did it last night from my hotmail account itself. I went to the account page again and cant seem to figure out where it is.

From your windows live account go to options.

Then go to view and edit your personal information.

On the left tab click on services.

Click on windows live for mobile

It is somewhere there just keep looking around. Its frustrating but I hope you find it...or maybe do a google search? If I find the option again ill write back..

I dont think the issue is with your account being a new one... I have a very old hotmal account and it did not work on blackberry with t mobile.

I read somewhere on some forum that if you take the service and stop it within 30 days then the hotmail still works...but I dont want to take the risk cause maybe I wont find the option of how to upgrade to plus again!!

ttowles 02-16-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricpac (Post 837552)
go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > and make sure your hotmail is there; you have the older hotmail account? newer ones don't work with BBs, good for you then

OK, what if my Hotmail address is not there?
I am trying to go through the account setup and I get an error saying: Your account is not available via HTML browser, please use your device to access Blackberry internet service

ricpac 02-16-2008 11:17 PM

you have to enroll your hotmail acct on your carrier's BIS site or you can do it on your device by accessing email setup wizard--then it'll appear where it should

ishan001 02-17-2008 08:58 PM

Re:

I dont know exactly what you mean, but all I did was upgrade my hotmail account to hotmail plus and then set up email from my blackberry and it worked! Before, with the regular email, I could not set up my hotmail on blackberry.

ttowles 02-17-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishan001 (Post 839319)
I dont know exactly what you mean, but all I did was upgrade my hotmail account to hotmail plus and then set up email from my blackberry and it worked! Before, with the regular email, I could not set up my hotmail on blackberry.

That's what I am experiencing now...

Helmdawg 02-17-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricpac (Post 837552)

My default is set to "desktop," which is my verizon account, if I want all my email to come from my gmail, do I simply change it here??

Thanks

Thatzmister2u 02-17-2008 11:08 PM

Yes. But my guess is that you have already changed it and found your answer! :)

E-

ams mike 02-18-2008 01:06 AM

I was looking for same thing. worked for me.

thanks!

Sith_Apprentice 02-18-2008 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmdawg (Post 839423)
My default is set to "desktop," which is my verizon account, if I want all my email to come from my gmail, do I simply change it here??

Thanks

are you on a BES? if you are you may be unable to change this.

Helmdawg 02-19-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 839562)
are you on a BES? if you are you may be unable to change this.

No BIS, I changed it from desktop to gmail. Worked out good!!