BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   BlackBerry Browser Not Available on $29.99 Plan (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=38074)

boles 06-13-2006 02:38 PM

BlackBerry Browser Not Available on $29.99 Plan

Okay --

I dropped my BES Exchange service today and signed up for the BES 2.0 server -- loving it! -- and I am now on the $29.99 unlimited web and email data plan.

I lost my BlackBerry browser in this plan switch and when I spent 30 minutes talking to Cingular Support -- who then called RIM directly -- RIM told my Cingular guy we “can't have the BlackBerry browser on the $29.99 dollar plan because that browser is only for BES hosted accounts and service.”

Is that right? I remember having all three browsers on my BlackBerry 8700c when I first signed on with Cingular and used the old BIS system.

Thanks!

db

johnfromphilly 06-13-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boles
Okay --

I dropped my BES Exchange service today and signed up for the BES 2.0 server -- loving it! -- and I am now on the $29.99 unlimited web and email data plan.

I lost my BlackBerry browser in this plan switch and when I spent 30 minutes talking to Cingular Support -- who then called RIM directly -- RIM told my Cingular guy we xxx8220;can't have the BlackBerry browser on the $29.99 dollar plan because that browser is only for BES hosted accounts and service.xxx8221;

Is that right? I remember having all three browsers on my BlackBerry 8700c when I first signed on with Cingular and used the old BIS system.

Thanks!

db

See this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=37910

Also:
You get 2 Browsers with BIS; Cingular and BB

And you said:

Don't you mean that you signed up for BIS (not BES) 2.0 @ 29.99??

boles 06-13-2006 02:49 PM

I saw that thread but it still isn't clear to me if you get the BlackBerry browser on the $29.99 plan or not after reading it. RIM told Cingular you do not get the BlackBerry brower on that plan and that's what I was told. I waited four hours for the BB browser to appear after re-setting and re-activating and re-everthing else but it has yet to show.

johnfromphilly 06-13-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

I saw that thread but it still isn't clear to me if you get the BlackBerry browser on the $29.99 plan or not after reading it. RIM told Cingular you do not get the BlackBerry brower on that plan and that's what I was told. I waited four hours for the BB browser to appear after re-setting and re-activating and re-everthing else but it has yet to show.

Reread the thread and my post at the bottom, I specifically address the browser issue and what to do. I don't want to retype so just read the bottom of that thread, thanks.

Re: BB browser: I have BIS 2.0 and 2 browsers that both work for last 24 hours after I got it fixed.

johnfromphilly 06-13-2006 02:55 PM

Here, I will cut and paste it for you:

Just to tack on some info...this was discussed in the other thread at length yesterday and last night.

If anyone has the Browser problem after switching to the $29.99 plan they should call BB tech support @ Cingular and let them know. The tech will change some settings and have you re-register your Host Routing Table and it will be fixed.
Call this #:800-304-3044

Some people are doing live chat to get it fixed also, for that go here:
http://forums.cingular.com/cng/user_...orums.cingular. com%2Fcng%2Fchat%3Fchat.id%3Dtschat

Here is the thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...=37217&page=10

DallasFlier 06-13-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

How many browsers do you have now? After the upgrade, I have two, same as I had before. On the menu, they're called "Cingular Browser" and "Internet Browser." I've never had one that was specifically called "BlackBerry Browser" - do you mean the Internet Browser? If so, its there and working just great on my 8700, exactly as it was before the upgrade.

junior1790 06-13-2006 02:57 PM

Have BIS 2.0 and the $29.99 price plan as well, all browsers working well here, did have to contact BB support NOT cingular customer service!!!!

johnfromphilly 06-13-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasFlier
How many browsers do you have now? After the upgrade, I have two, same as I had before. On the menu, they're called "Cingular Browser" and "Internet Browser." I've never had one that was specifically called "BlackBerry Browser" - do you mean the Internet Browser? If so, its there and working just great on my 8700, exactly as it was before the upgrade.

Under the icons it says "internet Browser" but when it is loading the first page the "Blackberry" Logo shows up so that is what some people (me included) call it.

johnfromphilly 06-13-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior1790
Have BIS 2.0 and the $29.99 price plan as well, all browsers working well here, did have to contact BB support NOT cingular customer service!!!!

I mentioned this above but so it is stand alone and not missed:
BB support @ Cingular is:
800-304-3044

Some people say the live chat is quicker (see link above)

boles 06-13-2006 03:04 PM

Yes, I called the 800 number -- that's how I got all my information I was sharing. Okay. I see everything is fine.

When I was with my BES Exchange host I had three separate browsers with different icons and one of them was specifically named "BlackBerry Browser." Everything else is working super now that I see the "Internet Browser" is now the "BlackBerry Browser."

Thanks for the clarification and the answer to my question is: "No, you do not get a third BlackBerry browser icon on the $29.99 BIS 2.0 plan." That's just what RIM told Cingular but the confusion is apparent.

Thanks!

tc94040 06-13-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior1790

I have the same thing... and I'm a business account customer (not BES).

takeshi 06-14-2006 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
Under the icons it says "internet Browser" but when it is loading the first page the "Blackberry" Logo shows up so that is what some people (me included) call it.

There are three browsers:

Internet Browser/Browser
Cingular Browser/T-Zones/etc (WAP browser)
Blackberry Browser

If you ask for the "Blackberry Browser" they will tell you it's only available with BES as that term refers to the browser that connects via BES/MDS. You want to ask for the Internet Browser which should be included with BIS.

johnfromphilly 06-14-2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeshi
There are three browsers:

Internet Browser/Browser
Cingular Browser/T-Zones/etc (WAP browser)
Blackberry Browser

If you ask for the "Blackberry Browser" they will tell you it's only available with BES as that term refers to the browser that connects via BES/MDS. You want to ask for the Internet Browser which should be included with BIS.

I was speaking within the context of the question which was related to BIS. The person said:

I replied that there were only 2 browsers on BIS. I know nothing about BES. I also related the fact that some people call the browser with the icon that says "Internet Browser" the Blackberry Browser because when it opens it has the Blackberry Logo.
Hope that clears up my reply...

dpagan$21 06-14-2006 09:58 AM

8700c

i have sold the 29.99 unlimited plan for cingular and the web browser does work

coreyg510 06-14-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpagan$21

Do it wrong?

jdjleo 06-14-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpagan$21

Lol do you work in a call center? =P

Anyway...

Ok here is the thing. The 29.99 BIS plan is no different from the 44.99 Bis plan or BES plan you were on before as far as the features of the device, ok? Just a price break and being non-ebterprise now if you were BES before.

Whenever data features and the like are changed on an account the HTML Internet Browser is the first thing to go. It always bails at the first sign of trouble. You can 1 of 2 things to get it back:

1) Use these forums. Do a search for missing browser and you will find alot of support. I recommend this first.

2) If #1 fails call into our Customer Care. they can assist you. Numbers have been provided for direct tech support in thread above

nelis x 06-14-2006 05:48 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I am on BIS and I have 3 browsers...I have not switched to the new plan yet, but I am using the BB browser right now. Try calling and talking to someone else. Cingulars BB support is hit and miss, you have to get the right person on the phone in order to get anything done. It's sad when you know 10x more then the rep...

johnfromphilly 06-14-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelis x
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I am on BIS and I have 3 browsers...I have not switched to the new plan yet, but I am using the BB browser right now. Try calling and talking to someone else. Cingulars BB support is hit and miss, you have to get the right person on the phone in order to get anything done. It's sad when you know 10x more then the rep...

What three Browsers do you have on BIS? I have never heard of this and I am interested in what I am missing.

My understanding of BIS is that you get 2 Browsers:
1. Cingular Browser
2. "Internet Browser" - this shows the Blackberry Logo when you open it.

What third Browser do you have with an 8700 under BIS?

wxjunkie 06-14-2006 09:22 PM

I can't even find any browser besides the Cingular browser ...

brobbins 06-14-2006 09:58 PM

i still have mine