BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   MMS Finally on Sprint Blackberry's!?!?!?! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=167709)

cmjanus 12-29-2008 05:32 PM

MMS Finally on Sprint Blackberry's!?!?!?!

Today I went to text someone and noticed that there is an option for MMS. However (knew that was coming), I can only save as a draft. I can not send a MMS message. I get the error message that " NO MMS SERVICE RECORD, MESSAGE CANNOT BE SENT. YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO SAVE DRAFT." I tried resending my hosting tables and service books. I tried ctrl+alt+del and nothing. I am sure it will be available soon. I have not contacted sprint to see but I am soon. I justed wanted everyoneon Sprint to be on the look out for MMS.

I did get pic messages yesterday and had to go to the PCS page to get them. I did reset my phone last night, and that is when I think the option loaded. Good luck and let me know if you can send them.

cmjanus 12-29-2008 05:44 PM

On the phone now, trying to figure it out............

RoNNY 12-29-2008 07:05 PM

Apostrophe and an "s" - the new form of pluralizing.

xcano22x 12-29-2008 07:40 PM

What software are you running for the MMS option to show up? Also where did you get the software from. Thanks in advance

ozshadow 12-29-2008 08:23 PM

Nothing magically appeared on mine

cmjanus 12-29-2008 08:29 PM

i have 4.5.0.87 and got it from here. sprint was not helpful. maybe it is a fluke.

RawisTheGameHhH 01-03-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozshadow (Post 1227114)
Nothing magically appeared on mine

me either

cmjanus 01-03-2009 07:43 PM

I swear it is there. If I knew how to take a picture of my screen I would post it. I guess it doesn't really matter cause it doesn't work anyway.

matt95z 01-04-2009 05:29 PM

I was on the phone with Sprint Blackberry Support yesterday and the guy I talked to said it should be working toward the middle/end of this month when they release the 4.5 os upgrade.

copout221 01-04-2009 05:37 PM

I CAN send MMS on my 8350I. Works great since the minor problems were worked out before X Mas where all the messages were not being received by the phone.

juwaack68 01-04-2009 06:28 PM

The 8350i is iDEN, not Sprint CDMA. Still runs on 2 different network types.

RawisTheGameHhH 01-04-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copout221 (Post 1233917)
I CAN send MMS on my 8350I. Works great since the minor problems were worked out before X Mas where all the messages were not being received by the phone.

you always could with Nextel

louzer 01-08-2009 03:19 PM

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330)

I spoke with a Sprint Blackberry rep 2 nights ago and got the same information. Any time from the 15th until the end of the month, we'll see 4.5 with MMS. The 8350i has it only because IDEN was already set up for it but CDMA was not.

He also said they were waiting for a stable 4.5 from RIM to lay their MMS changes onto.

Given the rap that Sprint CS has, this made sense to me. Better to listen to complaints about being slow than hav ing to field millions of calls about bugs in a long-awaited upgrade.

He also said that 4.5 would probably be the last major upgrade available for the current curve.

The Niagra (Bold) should hit the shelves this quarter or early 2nd quarter. He also mentioned something about a new Curve this year.

JDWallace 01-08-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louzer (Post 1239250)
Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330)

Given the rap that Sprint CS has, this made sense to me. Better to listen to complaints about being slow than hav ing to field millions of calls about bugs in a long-awaited upgrade.

A valid point.

montanaxvi 01-08-2009 04:27 PM

Big discussion on this in the Buzzaboutwireless.com forums run by Sprint.

baw - Sprint, some information on 4.5? - BlackBerry Smart Phones - Buzz About Wireless Forum

That is the thread that user jverity put up today that links to all the other threads so all the information we keep getting is in one place and not spread around the board.

They told us on the forums that 4.5 is coming, but couldn't give a date. Also said we would be getting MMS with it, but when I asked if it was true MMS or just an application style way of accessing the Picture Mail server I was told it is actual MMS but we will still get a link to view the picture as well. I hope they don't screw it up and we get MMS the way it should be and not some half ass Picture Mail workaround. Also they made mention of us getting Youtube upload capabilities via some application....again not needed if MMS is enabled properly.

Here's to hoping we finally get something.

**edit for additional information**
Both myself and another member on the buzzaboutwireless forums chatted with the CS via the on website Chat now box and both were told nothing about anything coming this month, year, etc. the CS I had told me to go to RIM and get the OS from them and that was the most current one with no update at all about MMS. The other user got a similar answer telling them to call RIM and ask them about it, but they could buy an 8350i and get 4.6 :/ No mention of MMS on their CS chat.