BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   WiFi HotZone (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   UMA voice problems with my router (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=96481)

jprincipe 09-23-2007 11:45 AM

UMA voice problems with my router

Hello fellows crackberry addicts, I just purchased a t mobile curve and am having issues with a call staying connected while using my apple airport extreme router. Calls last 5 or 6 seconds then it disconnects. The internet works fine though. It sayd its connected to the network. What's the deal? Any help is appreciated.

rking84 09-23-2007 02:52 PM

i tihnk i'm having a similar issue with an airport router. maybe wait til tomorrow when supposedly uma/wifi will be 'officially' released? (not sure what that means...)

dochobbs 09-23-2007 03:23 PM

similar problems. Mine would drop as soon as the call was connected. I used a different router to test the phone and the phone and linksys router pair worked normally. I put my airport extreme n back in the loop and (fingers crossed) the 8320 is working normally. I don't know if the phone needed to 'set' itself with tmo or I'm just getting lucky. I did call tmo and they suggested checking the phone 1st with another router to see if it was a phone or router issue.

dochobbs 09-26-2007 04:59 PM

update. back on the airport troubles returned again. went out and bought the tmo router.

bravo19 09-26-2007 05:47 PM

I was having problems staying connected with my calls. Also, people would call and my phone wouldn't ring! I changed my settings on my phone to use EDGE over WiFi at least with calls. A tmobile guy suggested i just buy the tmobile router for 50 bucks.

markbb99 09-26-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo19 (Post 682844)
I was having problems staying connected with my calls. Also, people would call and my phone wouldn't ring! I changed my settings on my phone to use EDGE over WiFi at least with calls. A tmobile guy suggested i just buy the tmobile router for 50 bucks.

T-Mobile seem really fast (less than 1 month) at processing the $50 rebates for the routers - I would add the unlimited Hopspot at Home service to qualify for the rebate - and when you get the check in the mail cancel the service for Hotspot at Home.

John Clark 09-26-2007 07:05 PM

Moved to WiFi HotZone forum

SJBritish 09-27-2007 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markbb99 (Post 682905)
T-Mobile seem really fast (less than 1 month) at processing the $50 rebates for the routers - I would add the unlimited Hopspot at Home service to qualify for the rebate - and when you get the check in the mail cancel the service for Hotspot at Home.

I was just on the website and it said to be eligible for the rebate you have to sign up for two years of Hotspot at Home in order to be eligible for the rebate.:cry:

cdoggLBC 09-27-2007 07:56 AM

I would guess that a lot of people are having issues with non- TMo routers simply because they need to enable IPsec passthrough.

kasperapd 09-27-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoggLBC (Post 683607)
I would guess that a lot of people are having issues with non- TMo routers simply because they need to enable IPsec passthrough.

Mine was enabled on my old router, and it was still no good. Switched to the T-Mobile Linksys and all is fine with the world now. (y)

LunkHead 09-27-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasperapd (Post 683713)
Mine was enabled on my old router, and it was still no good. Switched to the T-Mobile Linksys and all is fine with the world now. (y)

I agree! I had a Linksys that the firmware was up to date on and while I could connect it was hit an miss and would drop UMA when I was 10 feet from it... I got the D-Link T-Mo router and all is fine!

bperkins 09-28-2007 09:21 AM

I too am having the same issues with my Airport Extreme, tried a few different settings including setting up a static IP for the phone and still did not work. The call dials but drops a few seconds later. It looks as if it is trying to use the Cellular network and disconnects the WIFI. I have even tried to prioritize the WIFI and turning off the mobile network, but this did not help. Went to Panera this morning and UMA worked as it should and held the call.

Unfortunately I do not have a TMobile store in my area, can you guys suggest my cheapest route? I want to keep my Airport Extreme, and add another router so I can use UMA at my home. Can I just purchase any Linksys router and set it up to allow this to work? Or do I need to order the specific router from TMobile?

kasperapd 09-28-2007 09:46 AM

You'll need a specific router from T-Mobile. Any router should work, but I found that getting their version has worked the best. Just call Customer Care and order one to be sent to your house.

bperkins 09-28-2007 10:19 AM

I will do just that...thanks!!!

sgtcasey 09-28-2007 08:12 PM

edit