BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Problem regarding 9700 w/AT&T Visual Voicemail (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=214684)

JRawlinson 12-23-2009 06:11 PM

Problem regarding 9700 w/AT&T Visual Voicemail

Hey everyone. Hope you are all easing into the 4-day weekend...

I'm having an issue with my AT&T Visual Voicemail.

When I retrieve a voicemail, the volume of the voicemail defaults to mute. Every time. I have to Riverdance the volume up key with my thumb. But I get there late and it's pretty darn annoying, as you can imagine. Even if I switch to speakerphone using the $ key, it's speakerphone mute. At least it seems to be.

Any thoughts? Apologies if this should be posted in the AT&T forum, please feel free to move if necessary, mods. Thanks.

JRawlinson 12-24-2009 09:11 AM

I'll bump this once and let it die if no responses. Thanks in advance all.

TonyTone 12-24-2009 11:29 AM

I had a similar problem and noticed that it was because, for whatever reason, my phone was trying to engage my bluetooth

JRawlinson 12-24-2009 02:07 PM

Thanks a lot. I'll go check the settings on that. I don't own any bluetooth devices. Will advise.

JRawlinson 12-24-2009 02:12 PM

Bluetooth settings did nothing, but on a lark, I did go to options -> phone options -> general options and looked around. Default call volume was set at 100%.

I switched it to 25%, exited and saved, hopped back in, changed it back to 100% and exited and saved again. It worked. I guess it needed to be reminded it was at 100%... :shrug: Thanks again for the reply, TonyTone.

ifonline 12-24-2009 09:24 PM

Odd, but glad it's working for you now. Don't forget that pulling the battery out (while the device is on) and therefore forcing a reboot is usually the best advice when the phone just seems to be acting strange. Fixes most issues.

TonyTone 12-24-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRawlinson (Post 1534376)
Bluetooth settings did nothing, but on a lark, I did go to options -> phone options -> general options and looked around. Default call volume was set at 100%.

I switched it to 25%, exited and saved, hopped back in, changed it back to 100% and exited and saved again. It worked. I guess it needed to be reminded it was at 100%... :shrug: Thanks again for the reply, TonyTone.

well - I'm glad it inspired you to take the successful route.

YumSweetiePie 03-09-2010 09:45 PM

I'm still having this problem. Neither removing the battery nor going in and out of "options" worked for me. Would really appreciate it if anyone else had any thoughts to a solution.

YumSweetiePie 03-09-2010 09:54 PM

Well well, while I was posting my SO was tinkering with my phone and figured out how to solve this problem. Figured I'd post the solution for anyone else having this issue.

1) Play a visual voicemail message (stay on that screen)
2) While in visual voicemail increase the volume using the keys on the right on the phone
3) Switch to speakerphone through the menu (if speakerphone was default in #2, switch to handset instead) and increase the volume to desired setting
4) Exit with the back key and that will save your volume preferences

Only by switching volume of both handset and speakerphone will the volume preferences be set and changed.

Stinsonddog 03-16-2010 10:39 PM

I am on .545 and I now have an issue. I listened to a VVM using a headset and now every time I start VVM its in headset mode. I tried the idea below but no luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YumSweetiePie (Post 1577065)
Well well, while I was posting my SO was tinkering with my phone and figured out how to solve this problem. Figured I'd post the solution for anyone else having this issue.

2) While in visual voicemail increase the volume using the keys on the right on the phone
3) Switch to speakerphone through the menu (if speakerphone was default in #2, switch to handset instead) and increase the volume to desired setting

Only by switching volume of both handset and speakerphone will the volume preferences be set and changed.

RonFriedman 04-20-2010 12:38 PM

VVM solution works

This worked. Thanks;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by YumSweetiePie (Post 1577065)

daoswald 05-25-2010 02:21 AM

VVM volume follows Media Player volume

I had the same issue others have mentioned here, with my 9700. I couldn't figure out why I could listen to a Visual Voicemail message (adjusting its volume to an appropriate level), then exit VVM, and upon reopening it find that I'm at the original (muted) volume again.

Finally through some experimentation I discovered the following: VVM volume is linked to the Media Player volume. So if I'm listening to music, and then mute the music... then exit out of Media Player, when I listen to a VVM message, it will be muted too. If, within Media Player, I set the volume to full-blast, when I listen to my VVM, it will be full volume too.

I hope this helps others. It really is a quirk that ought to be worked out. Who wants to have to adjust their voice mail volume every time the listen to the media player?

WonkotheSane 05-27-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRawlinson (Post 1533896)
Hey everyone. Hope you are all easing into the 4-day weekend...

I'm having an issue with my AT&T Visual Voicemail.

When I retrieve a voicemail, the volume of the voicemail defaults to mute. Every time. I have to Riverdance the volume up key with my thumb. But I get there late and it's pretty darn annoying, as you can imagine. Even if I switch to speakerphone using the $ key, it's speakerphone mute. At least it seems to be.

Any thoughts? Apologies if this should be posted in the AT&T forum, please feel free to move if necessary, mods. Thanks.

Are you accidentally hitting the mute panel on the top right? There's no setting that I know of that would cause this.