BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New BIS 2.3 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=73270)

tobyw 04-17-2007 07:27 AM

New BIS 2.3

Not sure if I've been asleep at the wheel, but I can't find any mention on BB Forums of the possible new BIS 2.3 version that is discussed on BB Cool BlackBerryCool » BIS 2.3 launches today? Yahoo, Gmail now push.

Anyone know any more about it?

NJBlackBerry 04-17-2007 07:32 AM

Perhaps not asleep, but maybe dozing ;-)
The search feature found a few threads on BIS 2.3 already on the boards...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ded-2-3-a.html

Thanks.

PhillyGuy 04-17-2007 03:11 PM

Does anyone know if BIS 2.3 will support MS Exchange 2007?

tobyw 04-18-2007 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 511889)
Perhaps not asleep, but maybe dozing ;-)
The search feature found a few threads on BIS 2.3 already on the boards...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ded-2-3-a.html

Thanks.

Definately dozing! Thanks NJ :)

acnst 04-29-2007 06:53 AM

It looks like many European carriers have upgrade their BIS to version 2.3 yesterday. The login interface has changed an some of the new features are available, e.g. listening to MP3 files. To be able to use BIS 2.3 you will need to resend the service books. More information about BIS 2.3 can be found here.

Wishdemon 04-29-2007 10:07 AM

BGR is reporting that ATT will upgrade to 2.3 today...i was wondering, is tmo already at 2.3 or will they be upgrading soon?

BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) 2.3 launches today : The Boy Genius Report

acnst 04-29-2007 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If the login interface looks like this, then the update was done by your carrier:

tobyw 04-29-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acnst (Post 523315)
If the login interface looks like this, then the update was done by your carrier:

Thanks for posting, well in that case it looks like T-Mo UK have updated. :) Not that I'll probably notice the difference though!

tobyw 04-29-2007 11:47 AM

Just checked T-Mobile's site after logging in and one thing I notice is that there is a "Your name" field so that your e-mails appear from Joe Bloggs instead of [email address]. Not sure if this is new or it was always there and I just missed it.

Tested from my OWA accounts and it seems to work, although I couldn't get it to confirm in my GMail account, although that may be a temporary hiccup...

There is also an option for "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." that I'm not sure was there before.

acnst 04-29-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobyw (Post 523330)

There is also an option for "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." that I'm not sure was there before.

This is one of the new features.

whsbuss 04-29-2007 05:09 PM

Just checked Verizon BIS and there are no changes. I even resent the service books. Maybe tomorrow?

tobyw 04-29-2007 05:53 PM

Thanks for posting the link. Looking at the "Overview" PDF document I got excited for a second reading this on p.11:

Quote:

wireless email reconciliation from the
work or personal email account

For any existing email account that supports the synchronization of deleted items, subscribers
can delete an email message from the inbox in their email account, and the email message is also
deleted from their BlackBerry device
. Email reconciliation for deleted email messages is turned
on by default. Subscribers can turn off email reconciliation for deleted email messages from their
BlackBerry Internet Service account.
If subscribers add an enhanced Yahoo!® email account, they can open, delete, or send an email
message from their Yahoo! email account, and the change is reflected on their BlackBerry device.
To me, this reads that you can delete an e-mail in your account which is "also deleted from [your] blackberry"... I think the exitement was in vain though as it one-way sync of deletions is still the same. :)

Wonder why they put that section in?

EDIT - the Help section of BIS also has this tempting piece of info:

Quote:

About reconciling deleted email messages from your email account to your device
When you add an email address to the BlackBerry® Internet Service, you can delete an email message from your email account, and the email message is also deleted from your BlackBerry device.

Reconciling deleted email messages is turned on by default.

Note: If you turn off wireless email reconciliation on your device, deleted email messages do not reconcile between your email account and your device.

tobyw 04-29-2007 10:16 PM

Well - this sorta seems to work!

Wishdemon 04-29-2007 10:58 PM

checked tmo and my login hasnt changed....so i guess no update

LunkHead 04-29-2007 11:03 PM

:zzzzzzzzzzzzzz:

snort, cough

:zzzzzzzzzzzzz:

:razz: :razz:

Stern 04-30-2007 08:30 AM

Voda UK have upgraded. Some customers are reporting that all of their old e-mails have been re-downloaded to their Blackberry.

Also everyones reply to address has been reset to the BIS address (mobileemail.vodafone.net) for ALL accounts.

tobyw 04-30-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunkHead (Post 523514)
:zzzzzzzzzzzzzz:

snort, cough

:zzzzzzzzzzzzz:

:razz: :razz:

Sorry LunkHead - did I say something wrong? (serious question! :))

Anyhow, definately seem to have some reconciliation action happening here! Anyone else on 2.3 seen this?

burriqui2001 04-30-2007 02:21 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

I'm using TMO USA and still don't know how to use upgrade to BIS 2.3. Anyone using this yet with TMO USA???

whsbuss 04-30-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burriqui2001 (Post 523914)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

I'm using TMO USA and still don't know how to use upgrade to BIS 2.3. Anyone using this yet with TMO USA???

RIM does the upgrade for all the carriers. If TMO has been upgraded, login and resend your service books. Still don't think RIM did any of the North American carriers yet.

wxboss 04-30-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burriqui2001 (Post 523914)

Just logged in and still at 2.0. You can find out what version you're using by logging into your BIS account > click Help > then click on Legal in the pop up box.