BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Help me, please??? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=124116)

cydra 04-07-2008 10:17 AM

Help me, please???

Ok.....I got my Curve 8310 in November and love it!! I used to carry a phone and my Palm all the time. This makes things so much easier for me. :-) And not even for business purposes, I'm just a gadget junkie....LOL Anyway, about a month ago I started having calling issues....couldn't make calls, dropped calls, BB kept freezing up, loss of battery, etc. Long story short, and 3 phones later.....all is resolved, but, I now have clicking and squealing on every call. So, I call back, and they send me yet another phone. So, here I am on my 4th refurbished phone (since warranty doesn't have new ones) and I am still having the clicking and squealing on my phone calls. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on what could be causing it or maybe how to resolve the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:-)

JSanders 04-07-2008 10:20 AM

I have a feeling it is not the phone, then, don't you?

NJBlackBerry 04-07-2008 10:54 AM

Nope. What programs do you have installed?

cydra 04-07-2008 11:04 AM

Not too much installed...a few games, a checkbook app, and a list app. that's it.

JSanders 04-07-2008 11:05 AM

And what of those games and applications do you leave running in the background?
Read this thread, specifically point #5.
Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ

cydra 04-07-2008 11:12 AM

I've read this thread. I don't leave anything running. The prob now is the clicking and squealing when I'm on a call. If I had to describe it visually, it would be like you tv pixelating. My battery is fine now, so that is no longer an issue.

Sith_Apprentice 04-07-2008 11:15 AM

check your signal level when you hear this clicking/squeeling. is it low? also, is this clicking/squeeling on other speakers, other devices or your BlackBerry?

cydra 04-07-2008 11:17 AM

My signal level is usually very good and I get it on my bluetooth as well as speaker and handset.

taimur 04-07-2008 11:31 AM

Make sure u exit from any map software (bb maps and google maps).
If u just press end and get out of the program it will be running in the background and GPS eats up the battery really fast.

Sith_Apprentice 04-07-2008 11:35 AM

same with media applications. if you do not close them properly you can watch your battery go down with either gps + bluetooth or media + bluetooth

cydra 04-07-2008 11:35 AM

I no longer have battery probs. That was resolved w/ a replacement phone. I have horrible interference on my phone whenever I am on a call. It doesn't matter where I am or who I am on with. This is the 2nd phone I am having this prob with.

jpom 04-07-2008 03:30 PM

Out of curiosity does it happen constantly while or on a call or in bursts?? I know that if I am on a call on a land line or if I have speakers nearby and My blackberry sends receives data/voice I will get bursts of interference through the other phone or speakers. I was told that it has something to do with the blackberry being on an EDGE network. I know that your problem is happening on the blackberry itself but I wonder if the problem could be related somehow, maybe a second cell phone accessing the network at the same time as you being on a call on the blackberry.

Just a thought.