BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   How dare RIM do this to us (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=232474)

jtsunami09876 08-04-2010 05:01 PM

How dare RIM do this to us

How dare they do this kind of trick to us. Hype up this phone then land a big turd on the door step.

Putting in a processor that was around last Christmas hahah what a joke. What is the gpu in this thing? I would love to see it's bench mark scores.

How long more can we hold onto buying phones from this company, I can't believe what I am seeing :-(

JSanders 08-04-2010 05:07 PM

No one is forcing you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XuXVdNlpLR...00/MJZ1634.gif

Besides, after your previous posts, you'll likely be locked up and can't use it anyway.

devnull 08-04-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtsunami09876 (Post 1636523)
How long more can we hold onto buying phones from this company, I can't believe what I am seeing :-(

I will continue buying phones made by RIM because they fits my needs just fine. If they don't fit yours, move along and find one that does. Sheesh.

VRaptor 08-04-2010 06:40 PM

Don't understand why you are so surprised. The specs have been out for months.

penguin3107 08-04-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

How dare they do this kind of trick to us. Hype up this phone then land a big turd on the door step.

Putting in a processor that was around last Christmas hahah what a joke. What is the gpu in this thing? I would love to see it's bench mark scores.

I agree with you, 100%. Let's start a class action lawsuit. They always work. We'll get rich!

juwaack68 08-04-2010 07:11 PM

I, too, am disappointed. I mean, how dare they not offer this device on Sprint. I mean, really.

No, really.

No.

Blueberry Tooth 08-04-2010 08:08 PM

Not sure what everyone is pissed about. RIM is keeping their identity while at the same time managing to keep up with the rivals. Do we really want RIM to reinvent itself in a desperate attempt to lure the masses? RIM has stuck to whats brought them to the game while slowly but surely bringing the flash. I'm sure the lag on the OS will be remedied with an update in the very near future, then all will be well.

[IFC]Area51 08-04-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VRaptor (Post 1636563)
Don't understand why you are so surprised. The specs have been out for months.

Exactly or give RIM an opportunity to please your needs with future handheld unveilings.

jtsunami09876 08-04-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicky222114 (Post 1636614)
You can choose not buying their products. I think it is nice

it's not an option, but this sucks!!! I was looking forward to hdmi out, dlna, 3G+ plus hsupda, super amoled screen, 1 ghz or 1.2 ghz processor and 768 or 1 gb ram. Wtf RIM!!!!

The-Red-Elf 08-04-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtsunami09876 (Post 1636627)
it's not an option, but this sucks!!! I was looking forward to hdmi out, dlna, 3G+ plus hsupda, super amoled screen, 1 ghz or 1.2 ghz processor and 768 or 1 gb ram. Wtf RIM!!!!

So I guess you're not going to be waiting in line now?

daphne 08-04-2010 11:15 PM

Damn, and I thought it was going to wash my dishes too. (n)

*&)) 08-05-2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry Tooth (Post 1636592)
Not sure what everyone is pissed about. RIM is keeping their identity while at the same time managing to keep up with the rivals. Do we really want RIM to reinvent itself in a desperate attempt to lure the masses? RIM has stuck to whats brought them to the game while slowly but surely bringing the flash. I'm sure the lag on the OS will be remedied with an update in the very near future, then all will be well.

I would agree with you on some level...but I don't think rim is keeping up in the game in more. The are looking more and more like palm when the treo started to fade. While they have great devices ios and android have come in and ran away with the game. And the 9800 looks just like what the palm pre did to me when it came out. You have a tone of hope fore it but at the end of the day you know its not enough of a game change from rim to stay in the fight. Rim is going to have to bring some heat and soon or they will in up another palm like story. (And I say this with a said huge frown on my face I love the blackberry brand and have been a long time user but they no longer or offering the superior device. )
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

gtivr6r 08-05-2010 08:04 AM

My 2 cents.

It depends on what your looking for.

Are you looking for a phone with absolute rock solid secure calls, data and text,
then the Blackberry is for you. If its secure enough for the President of
the United States, I'm sure its secure enough for me too.

In fact its so secure, the middle east is going to ban Blackberrys because
they cant snoop on them and see what people in their country are shareing
or talking about.

And with just about everyone putting every possible bit of personal
information on their phones, I deffinetly want mine as secure as possible.

Anything else is a toy IMO. If you really need a big fat screen and HDMI, and
1.2g cpu, and thousands of apps (some good, some a waste of time), then
you probably want to look at something else or get a laptop.

Now in the news, iPhone has a new threat, they are totaly hackable!
D'uh! It was never desigend to be a secure device for communication.
Its an iPod that has been modified to make phone calls.

It boils down to if you like what Blackberry is offering, fine.
If you don't, thats fine too.

Its free world, its your choice.

Joshiyama 08-05-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtsunami09876 (Post 1636627)

All of these options are probably destin for the first RIM LTE device whenever that is.

bigwillokc 08-05-2010 08:31 AM

I'm sure if RIM were to put a huge 4.5" display and a 1ghz processor on this phone to please you, you'd also be the first one to come back and complain about the terrible battery life...those things come at a cost.

*&)) 08-05-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtivr6r (Post 1636797)
My 2 cents.

It depends on what your looking for.

Are you looking for a phone with absolute rock solid secure calls, data and text,
then the Blackberry is for you. If its secure enough for the President of
the United States, I'm sure its secure enough for me too.

In fact its so secure, the middle east is going to ban Blackberrys because
they cant snoop on them and see what people in their country are shareing
or talking about.

And with just about everyone putting every possible bit of personal
information on their phones, I deffinetly want mine as secure as possible.

Anything else is a toy IMO. If you really need a big fat screen and HDMI, and
1.2g cpu, and thousands of apps (some good, some a waste of time), then
you probably want to look at something else or get a laptop.

Now in the news, iPhone has a new threat, they are totaly hackable!
D'uh! It was never desigend to be a secure device for communication.
Its an iPod that has been modified to make phone calls.

It boils down to if you like what Blackberry is offering, fine.
If you don't, thats fine too.

Its free world, its your choice.

While your totally right in terms of it being a secure device favored among the IT admins RIM can't bank on that long term. I work for a health care IT solutions provider and a year ago if you asked would and iphone be avil in on of our environments the answer would have been a definite no. But this is has changed and inroads are being made in this space we have small groups of physicians now carring iphones and the numbers are changing on a daily bases and the demand is there. Our own government has iphone offerings for officials now. The iphone and any other device can be locked down to satisfaction (does this make them unhackable or better choose no). They need to make moves to stay relevant.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

BigBlackAv 08-05-2010 08:49 AM

ha...the 624 MHz processor is in the 9000 (almost 2 years old) :/

penguin3107 08-05-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBlackAv (Post 1636815)
ha...the 624 MHz processor is in the 9000 (almost 2 years old) :/

Yeah, so?
The MER has only a 20 Mhz processor. That thing has been exploring the surface of Mars since 2003.

elkabong 08-05-2010 09:25 AM

Anyone know how this device will play with the BES? I called T-Support this AM and they had no idea whether any BES patches will be required to address all of the new features and capabilities (via Policy) that come with OS 6.0 and its devices.

Cooper 08-05-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

UMMMMMM...... WHAT?

As other said, you don't like it don't buy it.

You think it's a joke, so go buy yourself an iPhone or Droid or that new Samsung phone that is 3x more powerful than any other phone or whatever.