BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Welcome to the General 8700 Series Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=15683)

Tom 09-19-2005 09:49 AM

Welcome to the General 8700 Series Forum

Please post any questions, rumors, press releases regarding the 8700 series, code named Electron here.

Enjoy your stay! This looks like a very promising device.

John-Fox 11-04-2005 07:45 PM

Out-of-holster Settings

Does the new 8700c have such settings? I have read the holster is plastic, not fabric ... does the device still know whether or not it is on your belt like the 7100?

mike_187 11-05-2005 04:01 AM

i dont know why you posted here, but ill answer yor question. the 8700 will ship with plastic holster like 7200. it goes on ur belt and it rotates, but there is also a leather version avaliable. both look amazing:)

John-Fox 11-05-2005 08:39 AM

Yeah, since you say that, I guess I should have posted it elsewhere. Also, you did not answer my question. But thanks.

TonyCT 11-05-2005 12:58 PM

Funny, It says... post any questions...regarding the 8700 series Code Name Electron here.

John-Fox 11-05-2005 03:00 PM

TonyCT, I guess we are too new to know how to work these fancy forum things, huh. We take things to mean what they say.

Acoaxet 11-05-2005 06:28 PM

does anyone know when the 8700 will be offered by Veizon?

bperkins 11-06-2005 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoaxet

Next year.

tdipple 11-24-2005 03:34 AM

Does anyone know when the 8700 will be available through Nextel?

carterg06 11-24-2005 10:44 AM

8700 Holster

I received my 8700c from Cingular yesterday. The device is great but the plastic holster does function properly. The 8700 does not recognize when it is in the holster. I belive the magnet is in the wrong place in the plastic holster. I hope to get an after market leather holster soon. If anybody knows where I can get one, please advise.

zero1 11-26-2005 11:44 AM

is the 8700 available to the general public yet? and can it be unlocked and used with tmobile?

AlbertoM 11-26-2005 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carterg06
I belive the magnet is in the wrong place in the plastic holster. I hope to get an after market leather holster soon. If anybody knows where I can get one, please advise.

It is in the wrong place if the device is inserted facing out. It must be facing in. And no, no leather cases yet.

Dubdub 11-27-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero1
is the 8700 available to the general public yet? and can it be unlocked and used with tmobile?

I got mine Friday, Nov 25th at a Corp Store in the Mall. They only had one in stock.

MI_BB_TECH 11-28-2005 01:31 PM

Our verizon rep is telling us he can get us a test sample in a couple weeks. My Cingular Rep is supposed to deliver mine next Monday.... hope that helps!

guter21 11-29-2005 05:28 PM

Hey guys I was wondering how much you guys are paying a month with your new blackberry?

Dubdub 11-29-2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guter21
Hey guys I was wondering how much you guys are paying a month with your new blackberry?

Cingular:

2000 voice minutes $99.99, Unused minutes roll over
Unlimited Blackberry $39.99

projectorkid 12-01-2005 04:45 PM

8700c Unlock: I bought the 8700c while in the states last week and explained to the Cingular sales rep i wanted to use it in Europe. He advised me of a site http://www.gsmlocker.com ; I have visited it and paid the fee, however have yet to receive the unlock code even thought they claim they have it. Does ANYONE have or know of site/place that I might be able to get the code from?

kpbuck 12-10-2005 12:02 PM

user question, i dont seem to be able to access my phone directory from the phone call log, in my 7290 if i was in the phone mode i type a couple of leeters til the number came, that function dosent seem to be active andbody got a work around??
thanks

rcbjr 12-10-2005 03:16 PM

Please remember that the search function is your friend. This capability is available, but is slightly different ifrom the previous qwerty phones n how it is initially accessed. This thread is the announcement thread for the 8700 forum. Search the remainder of this forum and you will find the answer to your question.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

gadgetman 12-12-2005 08:54 PM

Third party software sticky

How about a sticky concerning third party software for the 8700?

rcbjr 12-12-2005 09:28 PM

Aftermarket Software Forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetman
How about a sticky concerning third party software for the 8700?

---

There's a whole forum on third party S/W for Blackberries here on BBForums. I would imagine there are several threads there on 8700 S/W. You might want to check there

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

gadgetman 12-12-2005 11:03 PM

Thanks

jliborio 12-29-2005 12:31 PM

I just got my 8700c today and I must say i'm having some fun with it already. I'm coming from a 7100g and my Company is all on the Cingular network. The screen on it is sick, just feels perfect in your hand. I think we will slowly roll them out to our end users.

KonTiki 12-29-2005 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jliborio
I just got my 8700c today and I must say i'm having some fun with it already. I'm coming from a 7100g and my Company is all on the Cingular network. The screen on it is sick, just feels perfect in your hand. I think we will slowly roll them out to our end users.

Please change your avatar that is not suitable for this kind of forum, if you persist on using it I will ask the moderators to remove it.

jliborio 12-29-2005 02:31 PM

No, I'll be keeping it! Thanks!

abstractrude 12-29-2005 02:44 PM

remove it? that movie is a classic. why do you wanna ruin everybodys fun. your probably one of those people who dont want it to be called a christmas tree. your lame

jliborio 12-29-2005 02:47 PM

I like the Anti tero sign! Rock On!

KonTiki 12-29-2005 02:56 PM

I am not a prude or by far one that cares about nudity one way or the other, but I am sure that i am not the only one that either views these forums at the office or with children around, and I found that inappropriate in either case. You want to look at nudity, there are plenty of sites to do so and when you choose to do so you do it at a time and place that its appropriate and you do not subject anyone not interested to it. Is that a simple enough explanation to satisfy you.

SMorganPhoto 12-29-2005 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonTiki
I am not a prude or by far one that cares about nudity one way or the other, but I am sure that i am not the only one that either views these forums at the office or with children around, and I found that inappropriate in either case. You want to look at nudity, there are plenty of sites to do so and when you choose to do so you do it at a time and place that its appropriate and you do not subject anyone not interested to it. Is that a simple enough explanation to satisfy you.

Though I did not see the actual avatar, from what I guess, I would have to agree with you. I view the forums, amongst others, on a government facility. I would hate to have a supervisor come up behind me asking about nudity on a government computer.

ponch64 12-31-2005 06:20 PM

You are claiming that the avatar is nudity? Its a fat white male 12 year old. It's from the movie GOONIES, it's a PG movie and it rules! How do you plan to get through life if you cant handle a fat white kid with little boobies?

KonTiki 12-31-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponch64
You are claiming that the avatar is nudity? Its a fat white male 12 year old. It's from the movie GOONIES, it's a PG movie and it rules! How do you plan to get through life if you cant handle a fat white kid with little boobies?

He changed it after I posted, it was nudity. Please dont come here and on your first post three days after the fact (that is if you took the time to look at the dates posted originally by him and yours) and make such an uninformed conclusion and then if that is not enough insult everyone else here. I guess your next post is going to say ok somebody tell me how to download themes and ringtones. Wake up and smell the coffee, eh.

chrisnol 12-31-2005 06:36 PM

The original avatar was of a rather mature (and quite pretty) young woman lifting a tank top and showing her nude chest. It was inappropriate to this forum, even if OK for another venue, given that children or people at work use this forum. The avatar was changed to the current one, which I think no one has complained about. The prior avatar was only up for less than a day. However, the complaints about it stayed in the thread and relate to the prior avatar, so you are not fully informed about what the complaints were about. I am only a bystander ( not the poster or the compolainer) but it all seems over now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponch64

shotgun 01-04-2006 06:48 PM

Dagnabit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess
Please post any questions, rumors, press releases regarding the 8700 series, code named Electron here.

Do YOU know the steps to retrieve or reload the browser and javascript applications for an idiot who accidentally deleted them off my Blackberry 8700? That idiot would be me.

Lifestyles 01-05-2006 12:31 AM

i ggot goosebumps...

8-) :cap:

I truly got goosebumps when I saw that screen up against my 7290. My, my... what a sweet, sweet device. I can't wait til the prices drop.
(y)

Koperry 01-05-2006 02:40 PM

If you press and hold the send button from the home screen it will automatically open your address book to dial from.

shotgun 01-10-2006 11:10 AM

I, like an idiot, accidentally on purpose, deleted the browser and javascript applications from the AVANCED OPTIONS/ APPLICATIONS page on my 8700. Of course now I can't surf internet. Our IT guy suggested I reset the phone then re-install the startup software as if from scratch, though, there is no reset button to be found on the phone. Cingular doesn't know what to do and there are subscription fees attached to Blackberry Tech Support. Any ideas? Please? I'll be your best friend.

barjohn 01-10-2006 06:08 PM

You need to download and install the handset software. Use the Rogers as it is a later release. Then after you install it, connect your 8700 to the desktop manager. Select the application loader and when you get to the screen that shows the system and applications be sure and check the boxes for the browser and the Java application and any other applications that are unchecked that you would like to load. Go to next and follow the instructions. You should have them back at the end.

LOWI 01-12-2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpbuck
user question, i dont seem to be able to access my phone directory from the phone call log, in my 7290 if i was in the phone mode i type a couple of leeters til the number came, that function dosent seem to be active andbody got a work around??
thanks

Did this ever get answered? I am not too happy going backwards from a feature where you can dial/access your phonebook right from the call log. The word I got from Blackberry support is that it is a security feature, so that even if your phone is lost, and it is locked, then someone couuld not get into your phone book, they could just get incoming calls and possibly make outgoing calls, but not get into your phonebook.

rcbjr 01-12-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWI
Did this ever get answered? I am not too happy going backwards from a feature where you can dial/access your phonebook right from the call log. The word I got from Blackberry support is that it is a security feature, so that even if your phone is lost, and it is locked, then someone couuld not get into your phone book, they could just get incoming calls and possibly make outgoing calls, but not get into your phonebook.

---

If I understand what you are asking, the answer is Yes. Press and hold slightly the green phone button (from most screens/apps). This will allow typing and the list of posible contacts will decrease as additional letters are added. You can then select the contact you want when the list is small enough.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

fxstsb 01-17-2006 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projectorkid
8700c Unlock: I bought the 8700c while in the states last week and explained to the Cingular sales rep i wanted to use it in Europe. He advised me of a site http://www.gsmlocker.com ; I have visited it and paid the fee, however have yet to receive the unlock code even thought they claim they have it. Does ANYONE have or know of site/place that I might be able to get the code from?

I have been told that Cingular will unlock it for people like you.

santiagopm 02-23-2006 03:37 AM

Hello, this is my first message in the forum. Yesterday a recive my Blackberry 8700v from Vodafone and I'm really happy with it. Before I was usiing Treo 600, BB 7230 and BB 7100 (this last upgrade to 4.1).

Special greetings for the spanish languaje commuity.

Bigmark173 02-23-2006 01:18 PM

8700 for CDMA

any word on IF/WHEN there will be a CDMA version of the 8700? I had one with Cingular and just took a new position as D Mgr for an exclusive Alltel agent. The 7250 is SOOO B O R I NG after the features and quality of the 8700!!

gopher_49 02-26-2006 04:06 PM

You can get a really nice leather case from the link below... I just purchased the 8700c and the cases below are the nicest I've seen yet...

http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=387

kuby 02-28-2006 11:26 AM

Wow,

This Sena Case is the nicest I've seen!

Kuby

DrChillax 03-19-2006 01:41 PM

Hey, not sure if i'm posting in the right spot or not...
I have a word document on my BB 8700, which i need to access frequently... is there any way to create either a shortcut key to open this document or create a desktop icon linked to it?
Thanks,

MCyoungmoney 03-31-2006 03:08 AM

Hey, I just got a BB 8700r and I installed the new Os 4.1 However it is not yet connected to the internet I was wondering if theres a way to get ringtones from my computer directly onto my phone, i.e. an mp3 to .alx converter or something like that .. help??

jj_vee 03-31-2006 01:21 PM

I'm switching from a 7100g to an 8700C. As long as I synchronize the 7100g onto on my computer, I should be able to put it onto my 8700C, correct? How about the added software - how do I keep that?

crisisops 04-01-2006 10:43 PM

Settings / Case

Quote:

Originally Posted by John-Fox
Does the new 8700c have such settings? I have read the holster is plastic, not fabric ... does the device still know whether or not it is on your belt like the 7100?

Great 9700c functional case at blackberry.com under accessories

crisisops 04-01-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisisops
Great 9700c functional case at blackberry.com under accessories

meant 8700c

bbretard 04-08-2006 10:42 PM

2nd day w/8700c. I have unlimited data plan w/Cingular, do I need to set up APN settings?

Pajos2006 04-12-2006 11:27 AM

Sync problems with 8700 using 4.1 software

Hi, new member from London. Does anyone know why the 8700 (unlike previous models) has problems syncing with MS OUtlook? I have now had two 8700s and both have stopped syncing contacts about 2/3 way through (3,300 out of 4,800). This is a problem because it randomly "rejects" about a third, without any noticeable reason or pattern. Tied re-installing software several times and using different laptops. Same problem. My service provider hasn't got a clue what's the matter. Do you know?

choirmats 04-13-2006 02:56 PM

Data Connection Refused

I have an unlocked 8700g purchased from Europe and am trying to get DATA CONNECTION in USA. So far, no luck. The device will not register. I have contacted RIM and T-Mobile many times and feeling out of options. Does anyone have any information which may assist me in getting a data connection.

Thank you,

Curtis

DuckWingDuck 04-13-2006 04:31 PM

Is TMO telling you that it's not an IMEI that they can put in? Because, I had a Siemens SK-65 that had that problem. If you have BES, then you MAYBE can get around this issue.

jj_vee 04-13-2006 04:44 PM

Bienvenido Santi!

Quote:

Originally Posted by santiagopm
Hello, this is my first message in the forum. Yesterday a recive my Blackberry 8700v from Vodafone and I'm really happy with it. Before I was usiing Treo 600, BB 7230 and BB 7100 (this last upgrade to 4.1).

Special greetings for the spanish languaje commuity.

choirmats 04-14-2006 07:47 AM

Quote:

The holster for the 8700 is less superior than any of the others put out. I really liked the holster for the 7290 - the 8700 does not hold the device tightly and it seems to fall out frequenly. But I love the device itself. Just wish I could get a Data connection.

choirmats 04-14-2006 07:52 AM

TMO is stating that the Host Routing Table is not accepting a registration. BB states they never show the device has contacted BB to get the HRT. I have downloaded the new software for 8700 and it still does not work. I am really considering going back to the 7290.

ShaynePierce 04-18-2006 10:04 AM

I think it would be nice if we could get a sticky post / thread stating the current OS and App versions available for 8700? This would be a real convenience for site users.

jj_vee 04-19-2006 06:30 PM

Can someone help me with Password Keeper? Is it useful? Does anyone really use it?

bbgirl 04-25-2006 12:17 PM

is there a verizon model in the 8700 series..? I need to know ASAP!!!!

gdpmumin 04-25-2006 12:41 PM

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbgirl
is there a verizon model in the 8700 series..? I need to know ASAP!!!!

Keebler 04-26-2006 08:57 PM

Just finally got around to setting up my own BlackBerry 8700g from TMO. It's taking a little while to get used to since I have been using the 7100t for a while. Dispite the qwerty key board setup( which I love now, but still need some time to get used to) everything about this phone is great.

On a side note, has anyone( more or less corperate wise) ever ran into the issue of the white screen apon waking out of "sleep" mode?

eric0668 04-26-2006 09:28 PM

i do not know the answer to your question

Quote:

Yeah, since you say that, I guess I should have posted it elsewhere. Also, you did not answer my question. But thanks.

Heck, I don't even know where you were 'SUPPOSED' to put the question. But, first of all, that person did not answer it, and second, I am sorry you have to encounter a person who would waste time like that.

KonTiki 04-26-2006 09:55 PM

I use it and it is very useful for me, I know that there are other commercial ones around that even have a desktop interface but for me password keeper works fine as a matter of fact I have over 40 entries in it so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj_vee
Can someone help me with Password Keeper? Is it useful? Does anyone really use it?

eric0668 04-26-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonTiki
I use it and it is very useful for me, I know that there are other commercial ones around that even have a desktop interface but for me password keeper works fine as a matter of fact I have over 40 entries in it so far.

new to this thread but heck, what does password keeper do?

coreyg510 04-26-2006 09:58 PM

Its the Gecko's choice of password keepers as well. It does it's job and it's free. Can't ask for any more

coreyg510 04-26-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric0668
new to this thread but heck, what does password keeper do?

Password keeper is an application that allows you to store user names and passwords or private information. It has set fields, such as user name and password and website, so you kinda have to improvise if you want to put in say a SS#. But it does require a password to open and view. 10 unsuccessful attempts will result in a wiped berry

eric0668 04-26-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyg510
Password keeper is an application that allows you to store user names and passwords or private information. It has set fields, such as user name and password and website, so you kinda have to improvise if you want to put in say a SS#. But it does require a password to open and view. 10 unsuccessful attempts will result in a wiped berry

Sounds nice. Frequent complaint of MAANNNNYY people. I do ok, but I know a lot of people would love it. While I am here. I know...I WILL goto the ringtone section. but quickly, lol, is there a site where i can go and find a doorbell and a few others now quick.

do the 411 and Google program s for 7105 work on the 8700g?

coreyg510 04-26-2006 10:17 PM

I have Berry411 and until recently had Googlelocal

pcarlton 04-27-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

John,

I just got the leather version and it works and looks great.

Paul

kr_harsha 04-30-2006 01:17 PM

HI

I have 8700g in the UK, can I use unlocked 8700g to any network with a BES account.any help would be welcome

DrBob 05-05-2006 02:28 PM

DrBob

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess

Just bought the 8700c from Cingular - trading over from the Palm 650. I have used the migration program offered to transfer my calendar and date book to the new PIM. Problem I have is when I synchronize data it always posts to the device one hour later than my desktop shows. Any one have that problem or can offer a solution. The techs at Cingluar are clueless. Thanks.

DrBob 05-05-2006 02:32 PM

I have the 8700c. Have you had trouble migrating from the Palm to the BBsystem? I have used the migration program and find the calendar synchronation results are not the same as the desktop but one hour later as posted on the BB.

uniontek 05-06-2006 08:15 PM

I have had mine for about a week. Really nice. I am not a Geek,But I have managed with the usal stuff,Software.Txt messages,Phone book,Blackberry address setup. thanks to you all for talking and responding to questions.It helps us others who might be a little shy.
Rick

DrBob 05-10-2006 11:02 AM

Blackberry Desktop

Having migrated from the Palm system to the Blackberry my question is, does BB offer a desktop system? I have not been able to find one that in turn synchs with the handheld. Please inform...

Watrat 05-11-2006 08:10 PM

Good evening..was wondering if there was any news on a Verizon release of the 8700?

Thanks

NJBlackBerry 05-11-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBob
Having migrated from the Palm system to the Blackberry my question is, does BB offer a desktop system? I have not been able to find one that in turn synchs with the handheld. Please inform...

There is no equivalent to Palm Desktop.
Most people use Outlook or the equivalent PIM to sync to their BB using the included Intellisync software.

xagr8 05-12-2006 08:43 AM

display screen for 8700c

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement screen (display) for a model 8700 ? Even a used one would do. There is a crack in the middle and every other function is working. Do I have possibility to send it out to a reliable source?
Thank You in advance.
xagr8

TreyS 05-31-2006 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xagr8
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement screen (display) for a model 8700 ? Even a used one would do. There is a crack in the middle and every other function is working. Do I have possibility to send it out to a reliable source?
Thank You in advance.
xagr8

Bump, I need a new screen as well, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Pizzle 05-31-2006 11:49 AM

RIM probably won't be releasing them for months. Keep an eye on promobility, as they'll carry them when they're available.

TreyS 05-31-2006 02:14 PM

Yeah, looks like they are not ready....

w w w.promobility.net/html/blackberryparts.shtml

andy22304 06-19-2006 05:52 AM

I just bought 8700C and looking for new holsters and bluetooth headset. Any suggestion?

lgreenberg 06-19-2006 06:04 AM

Holster: www.seidioonline.com

Reviewed here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=31154

Bluetooth Headset: Check out the Bluetooth Forum:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

afig0101 06-21-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guter21

I have a Corp account and pay $69 a month for unlimited and international access.

kodiak7 07-13-2006 02:27 PM

Q: Can I Dial My ISP?
Hi

I have successfully used my BlackBerry as a modem and have complete access to the internet on my laptop through my BlackBerry. Thanks so much for the help on your site.

I have another question relating to the FAQ below:

Q: Can I Dial My ISP?
A: No, you cannot and you should not. You should use the existing Internet connection that is built into the BlackBerry, which is accessed by simply dialing *99# .... You can probably access your ISP email normally, regardless, though.

My question is:

How does long distance affect the number to be dialed? Does it change if I am travelling ouside north america or if I am dialing from ourt of town (Toronto)? For example in Europe we have to dial 001 then the area code and number. As you know, in Canada for long distance we dial 1 then th erea code then the number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lou

cjpitsch 07-18-2006 04:27 PM

8700c Tethered Modem Problem

I installed ZEN on my BES bb8700c recently. Now the bb does not work as a modem anymore. Prior to this OS / theme change, my bb worked flawlessly as a modem for my laptop. When I queried the modem, a bunch of the AT commends now state "COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED" So I deleted the modem in hopes to reinstall it. How can manually install the modem on my laptop? I have the standard drivers in my RIM directory, but can not get a new modem installed/configured to work with my bb. HELP!

MoralityWoman 07-29-2006 02:05 AM

helpful link for you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rssurani
i want to get some ring tones on my bb but i cant can some1 help

HI!
here is the link to the forum for that. hoopitz is very helpful...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/ring...-you-want.html
hope this helps :smile:

Mark Teixeira 07-31-2006 08:14 AM

Does anyone know if the 8700 can be network unlocked in the UK?

RickK48 07-31-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Teixeira
Does anyone know if the 8700 can be network unlocked in the UK?

I'm not sure about "unlocked" but I just returned from London and my cingular BB worked just fine.

omontes 08-02-2006 09:09 PM

bluetooth connection

I just want to know if is possible connect my BB 8700 with my palm TX by the bluetooth for exchange pictures

siddharth 08-13-2006 07:01 AM

Sending files via bluetooth

Hi all,

I wanted to know if I can send files like pictures via bluetooth to other phones from my BB 8700 G?

Siddharth

JSanders 08-16-2006 01:12 PM

no

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddharth
I wanted to know if I can send files like pictures via bluetooth to other phones from my BB 8700 G?

Siddharth

no

JSanders 08-16-2006 01:13 PM

no

Quote:

Originally Posted by omontes
I just want to know if is possible connect my BB 8700 with my palm TX by the bluetooth for exchange pictures

no

kizzinator 08-22-2006 03:28 PM

First I can't find for the life of me how to post a new message on here to even ASK my question!!

I have a problem with my email! Or is this normal? I have the BB 8700g and I want to know why every time I recieve an email on one of my email accounts, it feels the need to post it there AND in my message account. Like any email I get goes to the correct box AND the message box with my text messages. Is this neccesary? How can I JUST have my text messages go to the message box and NOT emails? PLEASE HELP!!

roderickdale 08-22-2006 04:53 PM

Changed from OE to Outlook,now missing emails to BB

Hi,

I am fairly new BB user ,I recently changed my email from Outlook Express to Outlook. Since the change I get all of my emails on my Outlook, but I seem to be missing about half of the emails on my BB.

Did I miss a step some where ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Rod

docmario 08-22-2006 11:26 PM

hey guys, i have a problem with my 8700g. i cant seem to be able to send sms messages. i can receive sms messages emails and voice but i just cant seem to reply or compose a new sms mssg. i just had my bb for a day so i'm quite the newbie at this. is there a quick fix or is it carrier related?

kendsi 08-23-2006 09:59 PM

what is the best gps software for a 8700 cingular??

wsiu 08-26-2006 06:03 PM

I have a Blackberry 8700g. I use PC at work and Mac (G4 PowerBook) at home. So far I only sync up the BB at work. It is possible to sync with both the PC and Mac?

derfjr 08-29-2006 12:50 AM

it is out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoaxet

enterprise customers received 8703 handsets as early as last friday, i spoke with customer service and they informed me that it would be available next week also i heard ,through the blackberry forums, that the 8703 would possibly be both cdma and gsm capable wow wow wow

yjajoo 09-01-2006 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcbjr
---

There's a whole forum on third party S/W for Blackberries here on BBForums. I would imagine there are several threads there on 8700 S/W. You might want to check there

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

do you have crack code for eOffice for BB device. I have just bought a new BB and woudl like to install the eOffice on it for opening and reading PDF files etc.

yjajoo 09-01-2006 02:08 AM

Hi,

Can I Use My Bb (as A Modem) To Log On To Internet (of My Service Provider) On My Notebook/laptop.

My Laptop Has Bluetooth And I Can Even Connect Bb With Cable. Then Can I Configure It In Such A Way That I Can Browse / Download Emails Etc. From My Laptop. If Yes, Then How Or What Is The Procedure?

Yj