BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8900 Series Discussion - Javelin (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Setup & Training Expert in Portland Oregon (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=178040)

Selmelier 02-24-2009 01:59 PM

Setup & Training Expert in Portland Oregon

I need an expert to come set up my blackberry 8900 and train me on it. I am pretty excited about my new 8900, but I am also TOTALLY lost and overwhelmed by it, not to mention just too busy to get this dang thing working with email, address books, syncing with Outlook, necessary documents imported, good Twitter program set up, and all that. I need help! My guess is I either talk on the phone a lot with someone, or (my choice) an expert comes to me and sits down for an hour and makes it work for me. Recommendations? I'm in Portland Oregon

Doctor A 02-24-2009 02:35 PM

Search, Search, Search.....there is wealth of information here you just have to look and learn.

ndub33 02-24-2009 03:22 PM

Here is a good starting point...lots of good information here. If you still have questions after reviewing these FAQ's, feel free to post them in the appropriate forum here...we have a helpful and knowledgable community!

BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ

PressureDrop 02-24-2009 04:07 PM

I could fly out there and set it all up for you. I would need hotel accommodations, rental transportation, and a fair hourly rate for "on site" time.

charliechan 02-24-2009 05:35 PM

I too could help you out. I know didly squat about BB and the set up but I could sit next to you whilst we are tutored at your expense.OK i'll buy the drinks and snacks.
I live in the UK but could be with you within 3 months give or take 2 months..

I await your PM with the address ! LOL

Selmelier 02-24-2009 06:54 PM

Well, four nice responses, but no answers! Does Portland have no BB experts, BB hackers, BB maniacs, BB addicts locally, looking to earn a quick buck?

ChumsGum 02-24-2009 07:03 PM

if you were in LA i'd help you for free as i love helping people set up their phones. really though, between this site and crackberry's forum, all the info is here. yes, it can be overwhelming but if you start with a small goal of say one app a night you'll be good to go in less than 2 weeks. start with the basic apps your phone already comes with, navigate through the options, learn the main function keys and it will all come to you.

if you wanna add me to your bb messenger i can assist you with any questions.

VIOLATOR 02-24-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChumsGum (Post 1297908)
if you were in LA i'd help you for free as i love helping people set up their phones. really though, between this site and crackberry's forum, all the info is here. yes, it can be overwhelming but if you start with a small goal of say one app a night you'll be good to go in less than 2 weeks. start with the basic apps your phone already comes with, navigate through the options, learn the main function keys and it will all come to you.

if you wanna add me to your bb messenger i can assist you with any questions.

Chums is right...start by reading the Blackberry FAQ section thoroughly then continue by reading the device specific threads that pertain to your phone.

It can be intimidating at times but you can handle it 8-)

David

imdbui 02-25-2009 01:47 AM

hey I'm in Portland, what are you trying to do?

Selmelier 02-25-2009 01:47 PM

imdbui: I'll take you up on help, if you're offering. Despite the great encouragement, I would be glad to pay, or trade salt, chocolate, wine and flowers (I own a gourmet food store) for a setup. To do list: sync outlook contacts and maybe email, get the best twitter and facebook programs installed, figure out GPS, get an all-around training, learn about the Mass Storage option, learn the BB desktop software, customize the web browser a little, etc. etc. etc. You folks are really an amazing, supportive bunch. Seeing how great this forum is makes me want to try it myself, but I'm still tempted to get 1 smart person to help for 1 hour and make my whole life a little sunnier.

TXLady 02-25-2009 01:50 PM

Check out Best Buy. I'm pretty sure I saw a sign last time I was in one that the Geek Squad will set up BBs and Smartphones for you.

esbe02 02-25-2009 09:14 PM

I'm from Portland too, I don't consider myself any expert, but definitely a BB enthusiast. I also highly recommend you spending some time on the web and reading up on everything you're trying to do, believe me... all the answers to your questions are only a click (okay, maybe two or three clicks away...)

If you're still overwhelmed or lost, I'd be willing to come and help out a fellow user.

mitchelrl 02-28-2009 02:05 PM

Move to Seattle and you'll automatically know everything about Blackberries...and Pro Choice Seminars...damn Seattle.

Selmelier 03-01-2009 11:30 AM

esb02, or imdbui, I would definitely like your help. Maybe call to discuss? 661-300-4000. Want to: sync with outlook, manage music, use documents, basic navigation etc. I'm glad to do it for cash, for trade, and/or for beer (I am right across from Amnesia Brewing).

ds5160 03-01-2009 12:13 PM

I'm out of town this week, but if you still have questions when I return, let me know. I'm not an expert, but maybe I can help set up a few things. Send me a PM if you need help. I live in SE Portland.

-Dennis

mitchelrl 03-01-2009 02:19 PM

Step #1 Download the desktop manager software to your PC. Once installed, hook up your blackberry to your PC via USB and the software should recognize it. Check out the Synchronization menu within the main screen.
FileDownload

Step #2 Visit this site (it will set up your personal e-mail accounts for you)
https://my.t-mobile.com/PartnerServi...urce=MyTMobile

Step #3 Is this home or office use or both? If it's an office, do you have Microsoft Exchange? PM me the specifics if you want and I can walk you through setting it up with Exchange or your IT guy should be able to walk you through it as well.

Step #4 Be sure to drink plenty of water and give your thumb a break =)

hilz 03-01-2009 06:28 PM

I am in NW pdx- PM me and I will hook you up

Selmelier 03-10-2009 01:26 PM

I confess I am just amazed that there is no easy way to get a BB set up for business. Nobody willing to do it locally (or at least not able to respond to my outreach), and I can't find a phone resource either. It seems Blackberry remains a thing for either the technically inclined phonegeeks, or for those with corporate IT departments. My phone is cool, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. I guess I will have to spend the hours I desperately can't afford to get this thing working.

YMark 03-10-2009 01:32 PM

Damn pal, quit bellyach'n and spend a few hours helping yourself. PM me your address, I'll send you some cheese.

swirl 07-06-2009 08:56 PM

Swirl Solutions BlackBerry training

We offer training and specifically for BlackBerrys so we are the experts. Check out our site, would love to help out.