BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Cases for sale on eBay - silicone, hard, jewel, etc. - need recommendations for Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=209257)

hailey07mom 11-02-2009 02:23 PM

Cases for sale on eBay - silicone, hard, jewel, etc. - need recommendations for Tour

Hi,
I just purchased my first BlackBerry (Tour 9630)!! I've been looking for a case on eBay, but I'm not sure which ones are good and which are just a waste of money. I like the way some of the designed hard cases and jewel cases look, but I'm not sure if these are any good. Are the cheaper cases a waste of money (silicone, hard,...all cheap cases)? Anyone have any recommendations on what cases I should or should not buy? I appreciate any help in making this decision. Thanks!

wmich06 11-02-2009 05:02 PM

I started out with a hard plastic snap on case from ebay which worked good but, it covers to much on the side of the keys making it hard to hit the outside ones. I got the otterbox which works very well and i would recommend it, only down fall is with silicone its sometimes harder to take out of your pocket. But on the flip side it prevents it from falling out.

OtterBox Impact Silicone Case for BlackBerry Tour 9600 - eBay (item 190331855094 end time Nov-28-09 08:54:21 PST)

hard10 11-02-2009 09:59 PM

Otterbox is the only way to go.

xxDruMMer BoYxx 11-02-2009 11:16 PM

If u want a simpler looking silicone cover, get the OEM Blackberry Tour Silicone Cover. Its simple, BUT, of course, it doesn't protect as good as the Otterbox. They have them at BestBuy if u wanna check them out...

TOphotog 11-03-2009 07:56 AM

I just got the Roots TuffSkin and it's fantastic. They claim you can drop your device from 4' and it will not harm it. It has a belt holder as well. The beauty of the Tuffskin is if you lay the Tour face down, it doesn't allow the trackball to touch. Because it's a silicone case, it prevents the Tour from sliding around on flat surfaces. It can sit on the dash of the car without sliding off. Great product!

popeye123 11-03-2009 08:21 AM

I have tried 2 silicone cases for Tour. The one that fits and look nicer is the one thaat aligns to the outer edge. You can still see verizon on bottom and the top part above the screen where the ear piece is is not covered. It si good for protection for scratches and will provide some buffer for falls. I like it because it fits like a glove and not bulky like the hard plastics. It is an OEM case and "blackberry" is on the back horizontally.
I gathe the preference is size of the Tour. Good luck.

Here is a link:

Amazon.com: Blackberry Tour 9630 Silicone Skin Case [OEM] HDW-23471-001, Black: Cell Phones & Service

Can not beat the price and quality. Fits like a skin!

AnthroMatt 11-03-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard10 (Post 1500144)
Otterbox is the only way to go.

How does the otterbox work vs. lint? I switched from a black silicone skin to a white one because I was sick of all the lint from my pocket ending up on the case.

wmich06 11-03-2009 06:08 PM

it doesnt collect lint but sometime will collect a few grains of sand (i work construction)

hard10 11-03-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthroMatt (Post 1500446)
How does the otterbox work vs. lint? I switched from a black silicone skin to a white one because I was sick of all the lint from my pocket ending up on the case.

Quote:

it doesnt collect lint but sometime will collect a few grains of sand (i work construction)

I drop mine constantly! Yes, it'll pick up a few grains of sand (dirt) when it hits the floor-mat of the car but quickly brushes off. The product has saved my phone more than once. The front plexi covering the screen has gotten a scratch but caused no damage to the screen at all.

PuckerBerry 11-03-2009 08:49 PM

Otterbox, without a doubt.