BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   3g iphone. What a beautiful disaster. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=142351)

richard371 07-28-2008 12:46 AM

3g iphone. What a beautiful disaster.

Well I got the 3g iphone. What an amazing device. Sleek, sexy, fun, the apps are amazing, The OS is light years ahead of the blackberry. The build quality is much better then the curve. Well after terrible 3g reception, missing text messages, and phone calls when I have 5 bars. I hate to say it but the 3g iphone is the biggest technological disaster of this century. I put my sim back in my curve and could not be happier. Where is the BOLD already?

TroyDBrown 07-28-2008 01:21 AM

Wirelessly posted (TMO 8120 4.5.0.52)

Welcome Back ...? LOL

AcidRaiden 07-28-2008 01:27 AM

Wirelessly posted

The iphone may be a god among phones but it doesn't mean that its always going to work the way apple say it will. Kick it with a BB not an iphone.

NJBlackBerry 07-28-2008 06:59 AM

** Moved to Handheld Forum **
Yet another iPhone discussion.

Sith_Apprentice 07-28-2008 07:21 AM

I think we will continue to see more and more of these. Many people bought the iPhone simpy because of the hype that was created with it, and like any other purchase, didnt really research it before buying it. It will work for many people, many more it will not.

jibi 07-28-2008 11:04 PM

...or the realistic reviews of just how buggy the OS is when released has really been covered up by all of the 'good reviews'. And you think OS 2.0 is buggy... put on 2.1 beta 1 ;)

NJBlackBerry 07-29-2008 05:08 AM

2.1 beta 1 is almost as buggy as some of the early 4.5 betas :-)

Marketing, marketing, marketing...

test54 07-29-2008 08:02 AM

so am i correct that both NJ & Jibi are testing iphones? come a long way since last year.:razz:

have not tried 2.1 and from your comments i think i will wait till its official so they can get some of those bugs worked out. my only real problems with 2.0 have been some location based stuff and some new apps. Usually though its either a component of the app (twitter) or something not working that crashes my apps.

The BlackBerry Kid 07-29-2008 08:20 AM

welcome home, i guess?.....

legacyb4 07-29-2008 08:31 AM

Dunno about it being a "disaster"; honestly, I'm getting far more "play" value out of my Touch since v2.0 came out; my Curve has been pretty much relegated to purely email (for work) and chat (on the bus when I commute into work)....

NJBlackBerry 07-29-2008 08:10 PM

I agree with your Touch comments. Loving applications on it.

MBW 07-30-2008 07:17 AM

I've been exploring the volume of cool end-user applications for BB handsets and it's absolutely amazing - a much bigger arsenal of choices than most people realize - of course, most people think of a BB as just being about enterprises and messaging - the new generation handsets should help change that.

But the one thing that Apple (APPle) designed for the iPhone that would be a big help for the BB is the App Store.

iTunes makes Apple very adept at electronic & OTA retailing, which gives them both an electronic infrastructure for transactions/deliveries & a ton of clout with third parties who want their wares there.

There is no such gorilla in the BB camp. Maybe there should be.

(But I, for one, would hate to be the guy to get into negotiations with a couple thousand individual developers).