BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Remove "ATT" Logo when powering on my phone? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=154383)

aka 10-11-2008 01:29 PM

Remove "ATT" Logo when powering on my phone?

Can I remove the Service providers logo from being displayed on my phone when i power it on or off?

John Clark 10-11-2008 01:36 PM

Nope.

PressureDrop 10-11-2008 01:49 PM

Heh I wish there was a way! I gave my unlocked 8100 Pearl to my little sister (who is on my parents AT&T plan) and now she has a nice Tmo logo every time she turns it on 8-)

John Clark 10-11-2008 01:53 PM

Don't turn it off. I never turn mine off.

PressureDrop 10-11-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1133116)

Only reboots after installs and upgrades for me. :smile:

tsac 10-11-2008 02:37 PM

Why worry about the logo?

ezrunner 10-11-2008 03:57 PM

Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

There's a logo? Yup sure is I forgot never turn this darned rascal off

takeshi 10-13-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aka (Post 1133087)
Can I remove the Service providers logo from being displayed on my phone when i power it on or off?

You can with Liquid Paper but that presents some additional problems. :razz:

Luniyn 10-13-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1133116)

Just made me remember something a CS person said (which I promptly ignored of course) but then was told by the guy that owns the AT&T store near my house. He says that you should do a battery pull at least once a week so that the phone can get the AT&T service updates. I'm not talking blackberry based updates but rather antenna updates, or something like that... i.e. this is something that should be done to all phones no matter of their brand or type. I had a phone that I had bought when they were still Cingular and it never updated to the AT&T logo because (so I was told) I never turned it off weekly. It ended up that I kept getting kicked off the network until they gave me a new sim card and told me to do a battery pull. And this was just a plain Samsung phone (not a smart phone). Any truth to this? Because I have to look at that AT&T logo all the time with all the batt pulls (well alt + Lshift + del) that I do. It sure would be cool to be able to change that like you can on windows based PCs... course considering PC's boot way fast these days it's not like the ol' win 95 days when you'd have to look at that splash screen for 5 minutes.

John Clark 10-13-2008 03:04 PM

It's a good idea to reboot the device once a week, at least. It does more than get updates from the network, it also cleans out memory and makes the device run smoother.

archer6 10-13-2008 03:34 PM

I just happened to be on the phone with AT&T tech support today when I read this thread about turning off the phone. When I asked the response was "we ask you to turn your phone off and back on, once a day. Reason: System updates to device & sim card. Previously I had made a practice of turning mine off every month, as I noticed when doing so I got a better stronger signal. I had no idea about the "updates to sim". Interesting. Oh, and by the way the call had been escalated for another issue so I was speaking to a tier two tech. Thus I would imagine the info I was given was accurate.

gadgetfanatic 10-13-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aka (Post 1133087)

why.....

archer6 10-13-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic (Post 1135103)
why.....

why not? ...8-)