BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Company logo on Stand-by screen (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=15517)

gdaddy 09-16-2005 09:55 AM

Company logo on Stand-by screen

Is it possible anywhere in IT Policy or anywhere in BB management tools to send my company's logo down to each user. I (actually management) wants this to be a global setting.

kitmoni 09-16-2005 10:17 AM

Good question - one which I have thought about often. I'm subscribing to this thread to see if someone has the answer. I know you can make a .jpg the standby screen, so it makes sense that you might be able to make a .jpg of the company logo work. I'll play with it a little bit.

CanuckMakem 09-16-2005 10:58 AM

Sure email the logo to the handhelds and save it in the pictures folder. Then goto it and select "Use Image as Standby".

That should do it for ya.

kitmoni 09-16-2005 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckMakem
Sure email the logo to the handhelds and save it in the pictures folder. Then goto it and select "Use Image as Standby".

That should do it for ya.

I think gdaddy was looking for a way that didn't require user intervention. I've done the email logo thing and it works great, but for a large user base there should be a push setting we can set.

jogon 09-16-2005 12:35 PM

How do you get that logo?

gdaddy 09-16-2005 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitmoni
I think gdaddy was looking for a way that didn't require user intervention. I've done the email logo thing and it works great, but for a large user base there should be a push setting we can set.

^^^
exactly what I am looking to do. I don't want the user to be able to have to do anything. If I can do this globally, I can keep it a company standard...

abstractrude 09-16-2005 01:20 PM

if your an active BES, just ask rim. they will help you

gdaddy 09-16-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abstractrude
if your an active BES, just ask rim. they will help you

True true, just too lazy to pick up the phone, I figure someone on this borad may have dont it already and could have instructed me... :oops: I'll contact them on Monday if nobody knows the answer...

gdaddy 09-17-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitmoni
Good question - one which I have thought about often. I'm subscribing to this thread to see if someone has the answer. I know you can make a .jpg the standby screen, so it makes sense that you might be able to make a .jpg of the company logo work. I'll play with it a little bit.

kitmoni- I called TSupport late Friday night since I had to do after-hour work anyways, the final answer...no can do...The only way to do this is have the user do it manually. There is no global setting we can set on the BES server...oh well, there goes that idea....

thriller 09-17-2005 03:52 PM

for some reason i am not seeing that option on my 7100r i get no option to set it as a standby. i am running 4.0 and i would have thought that would have helped. Also wondering with this new blackberry release the 8700 will they be releasing a new os b4 christmas.

jibi 09-17-2005 07:40 PM

not avail on 7100 series

thriller 09-18-2005 12:18 AM

thanks, that sloves it for me now. I guess they will put it in future upgrades.

Graywolf 10-03-2005 01:19 PM

Can you push any files or images to the device, or only the .jar install files?

bfrye 10-03-2005 01:48 PM

only applications.

ugreb 08-16-2006 08:24 AM

Stand-by screen by Policy

Is there any news on this subject? The initial answers are a year old and lots of things could have changed. I am very interested to set a Stand-by screen Picture via a Policy.

jibi 08-16-2006 10:59 AM

nope, nothing new. doubt it'll be available. they have all but phased out the standby screen on current handheld models (7100, 7130, 8700) within OS 4.1, in favor of an LCD that will actually turn off (as opposed to the 'always on' of the former TFT screens found on the 7290, 7230, etc).