BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "Deleted items: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox & my device." Question (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=175125)

eyecon82 02-09-2009 12:44 PM

"Deleted items: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox & my device." Question

When I log into the BIS site for Sprint, it gives me the option at the bottom that says

"Deleted items: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." at the very bottom

What does this really mean? I am confused because when you delete an email off the blackberry, it gives you 3 options, delete from "mailbox & handheld," "handheld," and "cancel".

So, if I have the "Deleted items: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." clicked...does that mean when I just choose delete from "handheld" only, it will STILL delete the email from my actual "mailbox" too?

I don't want it to delete the email from my "mailbox" if I choose to delete from "handheld" only on my blackberry

Does anyone know more about this?

Thanks guys

kjjb0204 02-09-2009 06:03 PM

If you delete on the BB and have it set to just delete on handheld, it won't delete on mailbox. Not sure what the confusion is.

eyecon82 02-09-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjjb0204 (Post 1278011)
If you delete on the BB and have it set to just delete on handheld, it won't delete on mailbox. Not sure what the confusion is.

I know that if you just click delete on handheld, it only deletes the email on the bb leaving the email on the server

and if you click both handheld and mailbox it deletes it from the server as well

but my question is in regards to logging into the BIS site for your carrier...if you go to edit..you will see a line where it says "Deleted items: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device."....and the option to check it off

what does that exactly do?

kjjb0204 02-09-2009 07:49 PM

that will sync the deleted items between that mailbox and the device. so, if you have 10 items that you deleted from handheld, but not mailbox, it will then delete from the mailbox.

eyecon82 02-09-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjjb0204 (Post 1278126)
that will sync the deleted items between that mailbox and the device. so, if you have 10 items that you deleted from handheld, but not mailbox, it will then delete from the mailbox.

hmm...I've never had that be the case yet though...even with it clicked...I have deleted some items off my handheld only....only for it to still exist on my mailbox server

so..what is this thing really for?

titetanium 02-09-2009 10:59 PM

What about "keep messages option?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyecon82 (Post 1277585)
When I log into the BIS site for Sprint, it gives me the option at the bottom that says

"Deleted items: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." at the very bottom

If the BB is configured to keep messages for say 30 days, it should automatically delete any email and texts older than 30 days on the BB. Does this option also delete any emails and texts older than 30 days from the server as well when configured as IMAP in BIS? Just had to throw that one out there. I'm sure some of the newbies might ask this at some point.

eyecon82 02-09-2009 11:05 PM

that is also a good question, though I have not seen that happen in my case.

I started my BIS service in 11/08 and have it set to 30 days...all of my old emails are still there

winger13 03-08-2009 09:17 PM

I would think that means:
1) if you deleted mailbox from your mailbox (say from a PC), it will delete from your BB as well, and
2) visa versa. This only makes sense, right ? and competing products (such as Chattermail on Palm and Seven on Windows Mobile) I just came from (to BB) do this.

I know item 1) for sure does not seem to be working on my sprint BB 8330. so, WTH ?