BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can E-mails be deleted in mass? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=178262)

Bob Doernberg 02-25-2009 03:53 PM

Can E-mails be deleted in mass?

I've yet to find a way to delete more than one E-mail at a time. Does anyone no the secrete to deleting all at once? If you would like to respond to me directly, please do so at [email address]

Thatzmister2u 02-25-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Doernberg (Post 1299100)
I've yet to find a way to delete more than one E-mail at a time. Does anyone no the secrete to deleting all at once? If you would like to respond to me directly, please do so at [email address]

In the Message folder just position your cusor on a date line and press Menu>Delete Prior.

E-

david9962000 02-25-2009 08:58 PM

Shift (arrow up), scroll down and highlight, left key, press delete.

BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ

rambo47 02-25-2009 11:08 PM

This reminds me of a buddy of mine who has an 8700 (old fashioned thumb wheel) and keeps over 600 emails in his inbox. He was lamenting the sad fact to me over dinner one night that he had to scroll for ever to get to the messages at the end of the inbox. I told him to press "b" while in the mailbox and his eyes bugged out when he jumped to the end of all his messages. I imparted a few other tips as well, thus cementing my reputation as the local Blackberry guru. The downside is that now he calls me all the time with requests for help, completely ignoring his company's IT staff.

jrice8002003 02-26-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1299278)
This reminds me of a buddy of mine who has an 8700 (old fashioned thumb wheel) and keeps over 600 emails in his inbox. He was lamenting the sad fact to me over dinner one night that he had to scroll for ever to get to the messages at the end of the inbox. I told him to press "b" while in the mailbox and his eyes bugged out when he jumped to the end of all his messages. I imparted a few other tips as well, thus cementing my reputation as the local Blackberry guru. The downside is that now he calls me all the time with requests for help, completely ignoring his company's IT staff.

haha! that is a great story. i don't have any accounts quite as dramatic as that, but i too have been the "go-to guy" on all blackberry issues/questions/hints amongst my friends. i can just imagine the look on that guy's face when he discovered that little trick....like christmas morning

fxstsb 02-27-2009 02:49 PM

Also if you go to messages and click on the date, using the bb button, select delete prior.

akosnitzky 02-27-2009 04:08 PM

Yes B and T are very helpful keys in these situations.

jsconyers 02-27-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u (Post 1299107)
In the Message folder just position your cusor on a date line and press Menu>Delete Prior.

E-

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxstsb (Post 1301628)
Also if you go to messages and click on the date, using the bb button, select delete prior.

Yep this way is probably the easiest.

There is another way as well that hasn't been mentioned. Connect your device to your PC, launch Desktop Manager, Click on Backup/Restore, Click on advanced. In the right panel you will see your device databases. Highlight Messages and click clear.

The only time this would be practical is if you have a corrupt messages database and the other methods do not work.

StuartV 02-27-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david9962000 (Post 1299108)
Shift (arrow up), scroll down and highlight, left key, press delete.

BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ

Since his info says he has a Storm (9530), I don't think that's gonna work.

On the Storm, touch (but don't click) AND HOLD a message at one end of the range you want to delete. Then touch a message at the other end. That will select both messages and all in between.

If you want to select more, just touch and swipe your finger up or down. It will scroll your view of your messages and extend your selection to wherever you touch.

Once you have selected everything you want, press Delete at the bottom of the screen.

fxstsb 02-28-2009 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuartV (Post 1302007)
Since his info says he has a Storm (9530), I don't think that's gonna work.

On the Storm, touch (but don't click) AND HOLD a message at one end of the range you want to delete. Then touch a message at the other end. That will select both messages and all in between.

If you want to select more, just touch and swipe your finger up or down. It will scroll your view of your messages and extend your selection to wherever you touch.

Once you have selected everything you want, press Delete at the bottom of the screen.

OOOOOOOOOOO Ouch!