BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Some things bothering me with my bold 9000 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=182120)

LeeUHF 03-20-2009 06:01 AM

Some things bothering me with my bold 9000

If anyone could help I would be most appriciative.

1st thing is the ringer.

When ever I get a call it vibrates for a bit then just gives a few rings so by the time I hear the phone and go to pick it up Ive missed the call ;/

Is there a way to have it ring for longer?

Also the text tone. Can I personalize this like I do my ringtone?

MidnightDraven 03-20-2009 06:30 AM

Not sure about the first but yes to the second.
You go to profiles->advanced->normal (for example) then down to sms text then you can change the ringtone

culture 03-20-2009 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeUHF (Post 1326708)
1st thing is the ringer.

When ever I get a call it vibrates for a bit then just gives a few rings so by the time I hear the phone and go to pick it up Ive missed the call ;/

This has been a complaint among BB users for a while now. Theres a program valled Vib & Ring, and another called BBlight that can allow it to ring and vibrate at the same time.

LeeUHF 03-20-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightdraven (Post 1326730)
Not sure about the first but yes to the second.
You go to profiles->advanced->normal (for example) then down to sms text then you can change the ringtone

Ok hold on, Im already on normal but I go into advanced click normal again, then it takes me straight to the menu screen again I go to SMS (Where you send texts) and right click but nothing there to change I go into SMS and right click and the options in there doesnt have it?

have you tried this method yourself?

LeeUHF 03-20-2009 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culture (Post 1326737)
This has been a complaint among BB users for a while now. Theres a program valled Vib & Ring, and another called BBlight that can allow it to ring and vibrate at the same time.

Anywhere on here to download these free?

LeeUHF 03-20-2009 07:27 AM

ok i found this post for Buzzme

http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...-ring-app.html

Ok I open my Blackberry Desktop Manager, go to Application Loader > click start on Add/Remove Applications > Click Browse > click on the BuzzMe.Jad file I downloaded and I get this message.

No Additional Applications Designed for this device found.

Im using a Blackberry Bold 9000?

any help on how to upload this to my phone?

Im a novice user btw. :(

Mark PPG 03-20-2009 07:33 AM

Wirelessly posted (9000)

A jad file is for over the air installation. Click the link for that file using your BlackBerry browser. You need an alx file for desktop manager to work.

As for your sms. Click profilese, advanced, select the profile you use, scroll to sms (click). There you should see the in holster/out of holster options. Browse through till you find one you like. Exit and save.

Crupp 03-20-2009 07:50 AM

You can also call your provider and have them change the length. I had a similiar problem and called ATT the guy changed it while we were on the phone. I changed mine to the max time and have had no problems.

Crupp 03-20-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crupp (Post 1326787)
You can also call your provider and have them change the length. I had a similiar problem and called ATT the guy changed it while we were on the phone. I changed mine to the max time and have had no problems.

This is for the ringer.

MidnightDraven 03-20-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeUHF (Post 1326741)
Ok hold on, Im already on normal but I go into advanced click normal again, then it takes me straight to the menu screen again I go to SMS (Where you send texts) and right click but nothing there to change I go into SMS and right click and the options in there doesnt have it?

have you tried this method yourself?

Ok, Click profile->advanced then highlight the profile you want to change, click the menu and click edit, this should then brig you to the screen with sms, phone, messages etc, you then click sms text, then it will have
out of holster: tone
ring tone: (whatever the ring tone is) you click that and you can change it.

LeeUHF 03-20-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightdraven (Post 1326796)
Ok, Click profile->advanced then highlight the profile you want to change, click the menu and click edit, this should then brig you to the screen with sms, phone, messages etc, you then click sms text, then it will have
out of holster: tone
ring tone: (whatever the ring tone is) you click that and you can change it.

Wow , Excellent. Thanks man just got to figure out how to open a jar. file now :D

Caspan 03-20-2009 09:00 AM

Most people don't realize that the vibrate ring is a loop. if you have lets say 3 vibrates then a 2 second ringer saying "phones ringing man" it will vibrate 3 times play your ringtone to the end then loop back to vibrate 3 times play ringtone. If you chose a shorter vibrate and a longer ring tone it helps when you don't feel the vibrate.

LeeUHF 03-20-2009 09:15 AM

How do I do that?

MidnightDraven 03-20-2009 09:27 AM

If you do as before, but go to phone, you can change no. of vibrations to one.
this then may vibrate once, and play the tone for longer.

or of course, just use tone and not vibe, then it will only play the tone.
as you said "by the time you hear it ring" if your only picking it up once you've heard it, then turn vib off.

Caspan 03-20-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightdraven (Post 1326910)
If you do as before, but go to phone, you can change no. of vibrations to one.
this then may vibrate once, and play the tone for longer.

or of course, just use tone and not vibe, then it will only play the tone.
as you said "by the time you hear it ring" if your only picking it up once you've heard it, then turn vib off.

like he said :)