BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   APN Settings for Vodafone India (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=187053)

avie 04-22-2009 08:28 AM

APN Settings for Vodafone India

I recently got an ATT BB Pearl 8110 to India and unlocked it. I am looking to use Vodafone India's BIS Plan for the same.

Could some one give me the APN Settings for Vodafone India ? Also, do I need a seperate Data Plan or just the BIS Plan would do for me to access emails as well as browse and use other data based apps? They seem to have a Prosumer Plan. Is that enough ? Please advise.

jsconyers 04-22-2009 08:33 AM

Welcome to the forums.

This should help you out:
Carrier specific APN/TCP settings - BlackBerryFAQ

You will need a BlackBerry data plan:
What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ

How to use BlackBerry on Generic Data Plan - BlackBerryFAQ

avie 04-22-2009 09:10 AM

Thanks for the reply. However this does not have APN Info for Vodafone India.
The second and 3rd links clarified on what I need for what.

I have another problem. I was trying to register for a BIS Plan with Vodafone India and when I give the PIN/IMEI it says its been registered with another carrier and to register do bla bla bla. Even after I do what it says to register and my BB says registration message sent, but it still says the same thing when I try to activate the BIS service on the site.

Can some one help? Should I have to call ATT to remove my PIN frmo their DB ? What should I do ?

jsconyers 04-22-2009 09:16 AM

I was unable to locate any info on the Vodafone India APN settings. You may be able to get them by calling Vodafone.

The previous owner of the device will need to contact AT&T to release the BIS account.

yogieee 04-26-2009 01:17 PM

Internet on Blackbery handset without BIS.

use "www" in TCP username and password should be blank.
if you do not want to use a BIS plan then send an SMS " ACT VMC199 "
from your handset and do above settings if you have opera instaled you should be able to surf the web.

Alternately You can just subscribe to a Blackberry Plan with Vodafone and after 24 hrs it shall get activated and then you just need to register your device and restart it you shall get all the service books and Host routing table pushed yo your blackberry automatically.
Talk to Vodafone Blackberry customer care @ 55666 from your vodafone mobile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1361233)
I was unable to locate any info on the Vodafone India APN settings. You may be able to get them by calling Vodafone.

The previous owner of the device will need to contact AT&T to release the BIS account.

btushar 05-31-2009 05:05 AM

With blackberry plan activated on your mobile via Vodafone you can't use Opera as it requires direct TCP which is not supported by Vodafone India (or you can say stupid customer care executive don't want to tell you).