BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Status Light going out.. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=195928)

project86 07-05-2009 12:08 AM

Status Light going out..

Is anyone having this issue? Ever since #1 installing those light programs like Pimp My Mail and others, my status light is going out after a while. The only way to turn is back on is to turn it off, save, then turn it back on, save again. I do not have these terrible programs on the phone any longer and this is a new phone. It was doing it to the last Storm I had. Also, I know it may be the issue with the Storm itself because my stepdad bought a brand new Storm and his light never blinked. Any insight people? Remember, I do not have the program(s) on my phone any longer. I have backed up. Reinstalled all my applications. There is no application on my phone that would cause this.

DacyJ 07-05-2009 12:11 AM

Wirelessly posted (? Big Fatty)

Have you tried a battery pull?

project86 07-05-2009 12:13 AM

Yes, battery pull, turning it off then back on again. Nothing seems to work. It still goes out after a while. Maybe a couple days at most.

lostman72 07-05-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project86 (Post 1421236)
Is anyone having this issue? Ever since #1 installing those light programs like Pimp My Mail and others, my status light is going out after a while. The only way to turn is back on is to turn it off, save, then turn it back on, save again. I do not have these terrible programs on the phone any longer and this is a new phone. It was doing it to the last Storm I had. Also, I know it may be the issue with the Storm itself because my stepdad bought a brand new Storm and his light never blinked. Any insight people? Remember, I do not have the program(s) on my phone any longer. I have backed up. Reinstalled all my applications. There is no application on my phone that would cause this.

When you say new phone is it brand new out of a box or one that Verizon swapped for you? Maybe your 2nd phone has problems? I have not see a light not blinking pattern? There are 3 storms around me and all the lights always work?

project86 07-05-2009 03:21 PM

It was swapped out. But my stepdad's was brand new. But both phones status light's not working?? Sounds like the odds getting a defective Storm is pretty great. I have noticed that since the 148 update that this has happened. When I had the 75 OS I didn't see this happen. Also, I think I read in here that someone else was having that issue as well. I tried to find that post, but couldn't which is why I started a new one. But I guess it is just another headache that I will have to deal with regarding the Storm. This phone has more issues than any other phone I have ever owned. :?

lostman72 07-05-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project86 (Post 1421492)
It was swapped out. But my stepdad's was brand new. But both phones status light's not working?? Sounds like the odds getting a defective Storm is pretty great. I have noticed that since the 148 update that this has happened. When I had the 75 OS I didn't see this happen. Also, I think I read in here that someone else was having that issue as well. I tried to find that post, but couldn't which is why I started a new one. But I guess it is just another headache that I will have to deal with regarding the Storm. This phone has more issues than any other phone I have ever owned. :?

Is there a common app you and your step father have that could be doing this? Like I said I have 3 phones in my home and none on the 148 are doing this. And I know 2 other friends with the 148 and no trouble. There has to be something common? And your step fathers I would exchange that phone. 30days or less they have to give you a brand new phone.

project86 07-07-2009 01:37 AM

No, no other app. And he had zero apps on his phone as he only had it one day.

lostman72 07-07-2009 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project86 (Post 1422523)
No, no other app. And he had zero apps on his phone as he only had it one day.

I would have Verizon give you one more new phone. I guess you guys are not very lucky? Well lets hope the next phone is a good one.

project86 07-25-2009 05:33 PM

Yeah I really don't want to keep going back for a new phone. If I go back for another phone it will be the third time and I will just ask for a whole new model completely and not use any blackberry product ever again. I am sick of having to keep having to turn my LED Coverage Indicator back on all the time. I had to turn it back on two or three times in one day before a couple of times! It is still doing it!