BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Q10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Help please, Q10 only displays my contacts as numbers (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=264445)

gabbyzaj 06-02-2013 06:32 PM

Help please, Q10 only displays my contacts as numbers

Hello

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I am new to this forum and have only ever used a ski forum, not sure how this one works!

My new Q10 is a big plus, all except for that it will not display the names of my contacts when I receive a call.

I have made many calls to my service provider for help but so far no luck.

Suggestions from them were this, I had duplicate contacts (3 hours of editing) no joy!

The numbers should be saved with the +44 suffix, doesn't seem to make any difference.

We have managed to save numbers from the missed call list and they appear to appear as names, but even if I save a new contact from scratch it wont work.

I love this phone but this is driving me crazy!!!! I had started a new contract with an iphone because my torch was dying and sooooooo slow on the internet, but I hated it and gave it to my daughter. Please can anyone help?

I would really be grateful for some help on this one, many thanks for reading my waffle.

tsac 06-02-2013 08:52 PM

Re: Help please, Q10 only displays my contacts as numbers

Call information is sent to the receiver if the call is identified by the sending carrier. Some cell carriers do not include the ANI information ( automatic number identification) when it’s a cell to save bandwidth even though it’s small. My cell only shows a name when the number is in the contact list so ATT is saving the data that would be used to send the info. Now for the other issue. Not all cellphones will even read the data packet even if included, most wont. The other possibility is the setup on your contact list that's preventing any display even though you have a name in the contact list. These links are some of the issues blackberry lists so maybe one will help.

KB33685-Caller ID does not show associated contact when country code is included in phone number

KB33603-How to manage which accounts will display in the Contacts application on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

gabbyzaj 06-08-2013 06:28 PM

Thank you tsac, in truth I don't understand most of what you said but ive looked at the links you sent. im pretty sure ive dona all those things but it is still not showing the names of my contacts.

Still need help please.

tsac 06-09-2013 08:57 AM

Ok , lets try a different route. Rim reports there are some issues with contacts not displaying and they are working on it but it is generally related to the country code issue reported in previous models.

Check in settings and encryption and make sure the device encryption is set to off.
Rim also reports content protection can block contact display.

loinenavant 06-09-2013 11:09 AM

It's a Smart Dialling problem. Just go the Call Log screen, then to Options>Smart Dialling and change the National Number Length to the correct number. Eg. For Romania is 9 - there are 9 numbers after the Country Code (+40 123456789).

Hope it works :)
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

NJBlackBerry 06-09-2013 12:04 PM

Which works for older BBs but not BB 10.

Go to the Call Log, Swipe Down and Click Settings - you will then see call forwarding options etc and if you scroll further down you will find smart dialing - try that.