BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blackberry signature message (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=38321)

Duster 06-15-2006 02:43 PM

Blackberry signature message

Im currently using server 2.2 every time a user send a message from his/her blackberry the following message appears at the bottom of the email.
"Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld" how do i get rid of that message? Thanks

juwaack68 06-15-2006 02:47 PM

The users can do it by going into Desktop Manager on their PC. Then click on the Redirector Settings icon. The Auto Signature is on the first tab.

timay 06-18-2006 03:26 PM

If users are not running Desktop Manager, they can do it on their handheld- through the "options" menu within email.

ALso, not sure about BES 2.2, but on BES 4.0 & (I think 4.1) you can change Signatures from there.

EricaJ1074 06-18-2006 04:34 PM

Or they can do it by logging into their carrier's website, going to Setup Internet Email, clicking on the BB email address, go to Edit, and delete the signature.

NJBlackBerry 06-18-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricaJ1074
Or they can do it by logging into their carrier's website, going to Setup Internet Email, clicking on the BB email address, go to Edit, and delete the signature.

From the Original Poster: "Im currently using server 2.2". T'Hat would indicate they are using BES, and NOT BIS.

Once again.. Please read the original question before answering (incorrectly).

The correct answer (using Desktop Manager to change the signature) has already been posted.

EricaJ1074 06-18-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timay
If users are not running Desktop Manager, they can do it on their handheld- through the "options" menu within email.

ALso, not sure about BES 2.2, but on BES 4.0 & (I think 4.1) you can change Signatures from there.

That was why I said they could change it online.

NJBlackBerry 06-18-2006 06:17 PM

What? You gave instructions on how to change it on BIS. That has nothing to do with BES. The OP is using BES 2.2 (which does not have the same wireless functionality as 4.0/4.1). It is an older version of Notes BES.

What are you talking about? Why or how can they change it online?

William&Frances 06-18-2006 07:34 PM

.....I would like to know why some memebers signature messages ie the Pin numbers are in HTML and other are not. I have been told that memebers will not be able to provide links as this forum cannot be responsible for the link content but that does not explain why some pins are in HTML and some are not. One woman told me she just typed hers into her signature and is was in HTML and she did not even know it was.....why can't everyone do this?

NJBlackBerry 06-18-2006 08:01 PM

Why not post that in the site suggestions instead of hijacking a thread on BlackBerry based signatures?

William&Frances 06-19-2006 11:11 AM

Thanks....

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Why not post that in the site suggestions instead of hijacking a thread on BlackBerry based signatures?

...you know, if I really thought I was hijacking a thread I would not have posted here at all...instead being still somewhat of a newbie and my problem being with the signature line I thought this was the place to find out but what I get in return for asking for help is another snobbish backberry user telling me where to go in not so much of a nice way.....thanks...

NJBlackBerry 06-19-2006 11:47 AM

I pointed out you posted in the wrong thread in the wrong forum and I'm being snobby.

OK.

William&Frances 06-19-2006 12:08 PM

Definitely....

Quote:

I pointed out you posted in the wrong thread in the wrong forum and I'm being snobby.

OK.

...because its how you pointed it out....you could have simply said I was in the wrong forum and just pointed me in the right direction.....instead you used the word "hijacking" as if I were doing it intentionally....yes I used snobby because I did not want to use any of the other choice words I had in mind!

NJBlackBerry 06-19-2006 12:14 PM

Sorry you feel that way.
Did you post in the other forum and get an answer to your question?
Or did I phrase that improperly.

GET OVER IT.

William&Frances 06-19-2006 12:48 PM

Again you were rude

Quote:

Sorry you feel that way.
Did you post in the other forum and get an answer to your question?
Or did I phrase that improperly.

GET OVER IT.

....yes I have posted in other places trying to find the answer to my question and yes, you phrased that correctly but then...yes there is a butt involved and Iam beginning to find out more than I care to about him or her, you had to say "get over it" which again was not necessary. In fact I had already put your rude, and snobbish behavior out of my mind. I really can't help that you are not more of a poilite person and the sad part is, I guess you can't either.

NJBlackBerry 06-19-2006 01:17 PM

You are overly sensitive. Good luck in the future.

William&Frances 06-19-2006 01:27 PM

I think not...

Quote:

You are overly sensitive. Good luck in the future.

...I am just trying to let you know that you should treat everyone with a little more kindness when you find that they may be a little off base and need some guidance....especially me, because I will call you on it every, damn, time. It seems to me that you came back at me accusing me of "hijacking" this thread and taking it somewhere else it should not have gone. Well correct me if I am wrong and please anyone who might be listening as well....you have had ample time to let this go but you keep throwing out those demeaning comments like "You are overly sensitive" which like I said I will respond too when you could have let this go right after you so helfully corrected me the first time...are you done yet?

koleary19067 06-19-2006 01:33 PM

This reminds me of the song "You Had a Bad Day" from American Idol

NJBlackBerry 06-19-2006 01:39 PM

I am really enjoying it. It's not going anywhere, and I don't really care, but it is REALLY making me laugh..

koleary19067 06-19-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

I am really enjoying it. It's not going anywhere, and I don't really care, but it is REALLY making me laugh..

Same here, quite funny !

William&Frances 06-19-2006 01:57 PM

Glad your amused...

Quote:

Originally Posted by koleary19067
Same here, quite funny !

....yes it really is quite funny and annoying at the same time. I kinda of wanted to know if I was in the wrong and should have just walked away without a word or keep letting someone feel like they are the king of this forum and try to belittle me with these snide comments on my person for not being savy enough as the new user that I am to post my question in the proper forum in the first place?