BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Blackberry software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=42159)

john45 07-26-2006 10:46 PM

Blackberry software

How safe is the Blacberry software to use and what is best way to set it up?

I have a 7130E and one app I would like to use with it but have heard that software isn't totally safe.

Thanks

adamlau 07-26-2006 11:14 PM

What exactly is not safe and who did you hear this from? What application are you referring to? BlackBerry devices have been distributed across corporations and various government institutions sensitive to the secure handling and transmission of data. This includes BlackBerry Desktop, which is only as safe as the system it resides on. Securify your system and you will have securified BlackBerry Desktop.

BBThumbHealer 07-27-2006 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamlau
What exactly is not safe and who did you hear this from? What application are you referring to? BlackBerry devices have been distributed across corporations and various government institutions sensitive to the secure handling and transmission of data. This includes BlackBerry Desktop, which is only as safe as the system it resides on. Securify your system and you will have securified BlackBerry Desktop.

I TOTALLY AGREE WID ADAMLAU.

BB IS GR8.

Webby 07-27-2006 06:05 AM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I think all Blackberry software is safe.

option94 07-28-2006 01:13 AM

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

The blackberry's are built around security. RIM put that above all else. That's why we have no camera or removable memory yet.

katin2 07-28-2006 01:49 AM

from what i know blackberry software is safe but there is always someone out there trying to steal something

NJBlackBerry 07-28-2006 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katin2
from what i know blackberry software is safe but there is always someone out there trying to steal something

What does this statement mean? Are you aware of anyone stealing data off of a BlackBerry, or is this a general statement directed towards everyone and anything?

Dale Emery 07-28-2006 05:17 PM

Hope you get the reference

Ok it's late on a Friday, but I have this crazy mental image of John45 standing over his BB, PC, and Dustin Hoffman. He's there under a single, naked bulb with a T6 screwdriver and a dental pick. All he keeps saying..........IS IT SAFE???

john45 07-30-2006 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
What does this statement mean? Are you aware of anyone stealing data off of a BlackBerry, or is this a general statement directed towards everyone and anything?

It is not a question of safe from a security standpoint but safe from any data corruption after installang it.

14pups 07-30-2006 06:31 AM

"Die weisse Engel. Die weiesse Engel"!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Emery
Ok it's late on a Friday, but I have this crazy mental image of John45 standing over his BB, PC, and Dustin Hoffman. He's there under a single, naked bulb with a T6 screwdriver and a dental pick. All he keeps saying..........IS IT SAFE???

Nextel 7100i 07-30-2006 07:14 AM

Quote:

LOL (y)

john45 07-30-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

That is good. LOL