BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone want to try... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=42254)

fsa3 07-27-2006 06:48 PM

Anyone want to try...

Anyone want to try my first bberry App. It's nothing amazing.

Basically what it allows is for you to select any number of MLB teams and have quick access to their scores (like a scoreboard just for the teams you want), with a configurable refresh rate.

It also allows you to 'watch' a game where it will give the play by play of any single game on your list, again with a configurable refresh time.

No bells & whistles here....

Let me know if you want to try it out (for now I'm just going to give it out to 1 or 2 folks so that if it stinks I don't get too many folks mad at me).

As a newbie, which files from my JDE compile should I distribute?

Thanks,
Frank

juwaack68 07-27-2006 06:53 PM

My boss would be very interested (he's a huge Tiger's fan). You can PM me or my PIN is in my signature.

Thanks!

Spamdumpster 07-27-2006 08:41 PM

Sounds like a good app. I'm definitely interested. Let me know if I can try it out.

MrKyoo 07-27-2006 08:54 PM

I’ll be first in line when you get the same application configured for basketball. (y)

~MrKyoo

juwaack68 07-27-2006 08:59 PM

I have installed it on my 7100i but when I try to add a team, I get the error "Uncaught Exception: String indext out of range -1"....... I'm going to do a hard reboot to see if that clears up anything.

juwaack68 07-27-2006 09:13 PM

This looks like a cool app, simple and easy to use. Just a few things:

- Loads a little slow (several seconds to react and keyboard locks up when I click on the icon), but I realize it's probably updating the information for the teams I selected (just 2 right now).
- I get the error I posted before anytime I click 'Close'
- Might want to make the Game Refresh and Summary Refresh fields numeric (no idea how to do that), and there doesn't seem to be a way to save what I type in those fields (in fact, might want to just give options of 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, or something like that) Are those in minute increments?
- I like the 'watch' function. I'm not a baseball fanatic, so I'm sure someone else will understand all the stats that are listed ;-)

Very cool idea, though! Keep at it, it will be a 'must have' by baseball fans if you continue to tweak it.

fsa3 07-27-2006 09:21 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree the refresh would be simpler to do as a drop down (btw the time is in seconds).

I have an 8700g with Edge and for me the speed is good, in either case I think it should be quicker than having to navigate espn or mlb.com (I'll work on improving it though.

SpamDumpster, send me a private message with your email and I'll send you the next version after I incorporate the changes juwaack68 suggested.

carolinafootball 07-28-2006 09:17 AM

I would be first in line if this was for football! Let me know if you ever release one for football!

mikeGhi 07-28-2006 09:18 AM

Definitely

For Basketball and Football....

Spamdumpster 07-28-2006 10:18 AM

fsa3,

I have a 7130c. I got your email and installed the app without any problems. I then added two teams, also without any problem. I'll track tonight's games through the app and post how it goes.

Also, my wife is going to be going into labor soon and this will come in mighty handy if she's in labor during a Red Sox game (I'm only half kidding). During October '04, she was thoughtful enough to give birth to our son on an off day.

Dale Emery 07-28-2006 02:51 PM

Awesome App!

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolinafootball
I would be first in line if this was for football! Let me know if you ever release one for football!

The thought of a Football version makes me drool. Hey Tarheel, do you really need one for Carolina football? I can already tell you the result of most of your games!! Just kidding. As a Pirate I realize I have absolutely no right to poke fun. At least you almost had a winning record last year!

moosehead 07-28-2006 02:57 PM

Yeah football for sure! Count me in for a tester!

BES admin 07-28-2006 10:06 PM

I would like to see the same app for NASCAR and Golf!

(y) (y)

Spamdumpster 07-29-2006 09:51 AM

Followed some of the Sox/Angels and Yankees/Rays games last night. It was pretty good. Definitely a good way to keep up with the game if there's no radio or tv nearby. I'm running out now. I'll post more comprehensive comments later.

wlong995 07-29-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeGhi
For Basketball and Football....

Hockey! What about hockey?! :smile:

berry-bum 07-29-2006 11:53 AM

Count me infor MLB, NHL, and NFL...

Spamdumpster 07-29-2006 02:11 PM

Following the Sox/Angels game right now.

Still works pretty good. Seems like it"s about Only about 90 -120 seconds behind realtime.

It would be cool if you could add an option to track pitch-by-pitch instead of batter-by-batter. I would leave them both as options so people can choose.

Also, one flaw is that, if you try to open the program while you have no signal, the program freezes up and has to be rebooted. There should be some sort of time out time added so that this doesn't happen if there's no signal.

Still, pretty damn good for your first app.

fsa3 07-29-2006 02:50 PM

Did you use the version I just sent you this afternoon? That version should fix the issue with no signal (found that out last night on a train).

As for pitch-by-pitch, I thought about it but it would come after a few other things I wanted to add.

Thanks for the feedback.

Spankypoo 07-29-2006 03:03 PM

F1, F1, F1.

carolinafootball 07-29-2006 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Emery
The thought of a Football version makes me drool. Hey Tarheel, do you really need one for Carolina football? I can already tell you the result of most of your games!! Just kidding. As a Pirate I realize I have absolutely no right to poke fun. At least you almost had a winning record last year!

Yea i would need it haha. you see the carolina is for South Carolina. Although i am a tarheel basketball fan, i am a south carolina student so i root for south carolina football!