BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   BIS - How is email delivered SO FAST?? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=42345)

dannymw 07-28-2006 04:45 PM

BIS - How is email delivered SO FAST??

Since getting my blackberry 2 weeks ago, I noticed when registering for websites that send confirmation emails (such as this site) that literaly within 1 or 2 seconds of hitting the submit button I would get the confirmation email on my BB (using my SBC personal email account).

I always figured that the t-mobile BIS probably intermitantly logged into my email account, checked mail and if it found anything it would send it over to my BB. I don't think that any ISP would allow a system to login to pop3 that often, so i was wondering if perhaps my ISP was informing the blackberry system when new mail arrived. A kind of push instead of pull system. If not, how does the BB check mail?

DannyMW

joginder 07-28-2006 05:40 PM

All i would say is "IT IS PUSH MAIL TECHNOLOGY -:)"

BERDucky 07-28-2006 07:28 PM

SBC Global = Yahoo = agreement w/ rim to provide real time delivery for all (but Cingualr) BIS 2.0 carriers

option94 08-04-2006 01:01 PM

which is funny because SBC owns a huge chink of cingular.

Plinkerton 08-09-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERDucky
SBC Global = Yahoo = agreement w/ rim to provide real time delivery for all (but Cingualr) BIS 2.0 carriers

Now if they would just implement damn instant Push with Sbcglobal accounts for Cingular...

:x

adamlau 08-12-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by option94
which is funny because SBC owns a huge chink of cingular.

Not that funny if you consider that this strategy essentially forces Yahoo! users who wish to use their accounts with BlackBerry devices to upgrade their standard Yahoo! accounts to Yahoo! Plus at $19.99 anually.

Plinkerton 08-12-2006 09:43 PM

Ah, so if I pay $20 a year, I can have instant push?

At least that's really cheap. Though I'd need to keep my original email addresses, and it would have to be $20 a year for both, not each.

It's stupid though. I'm not on "free" yahoo. I'm on paid for SBCGlobal.

And it still lags.

noeffectx 08-12-2006 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plinkerton

At least that's really cheap. Though I'd need to keep my original email addresses, and it would have to be $20 a year for both, not each.

It's stupid though. I'm not on "free" yahoo. I'm on paid for SBCGlobal.

And it still lags.

use gmail instead ;) its really fast.

Plinkerton 08-12-2006 10:26 PM

I know, I have 2 gmail accounts on my BB also.

2 SBCglobals, and 2 gmails. Used to different things, etc.

It'd be cool if the yahoo was quick, since they've been my long time permanent addresses.

Thanks though. :)

adamlau 08-12-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plinkerton

Not unless you forwarded your Yahoo! emails to either your Blackberry Address, or a Gmail account. Otherwise, your messages are poll-pushed with a delay of up to 15-minutes (or more, depending on network conditions).
Quote:

...it would have to be $20 a year for both, not each.
It is $19.99 per account, or $19.99 each and not for both.