BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Emails and Txt Msg Deletes by itself? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=58427)

mike 12-18-2006 11:28 PM

Emails and Txt Msg Deletes by itself?

Why do all of my emails and txt messages and phone log delete by it self every week or so? i have the Pearl with the Rogers Software..

pactchncn 12-19-2006 12:01 AM

I have had a similar problem, where about once a month my pearl decided to eat my emails and call log. Maybe it just thought that they were tasty and would make a good snack. I'm running on the T-mobile .62 OS. any suggestions on a fix?

MythmbHurts 12-19-2006 12:04 AM

this is caused by your 8100 making room in its free memory.. check and make sure you have memory left if not it will clean itself to make room for new emails and such.. if you dont have a microSD card and lots of pictures or lots of apps on your BBthey take up space fast and some even think the 8100 has a memory leak.. try taking out the battery and rebooting that brings back lost memory

Benmarvin 12-19-2006 12:05 AM

Are you syncing the phone to your computer? Are you on BES?

mike 12-19-2006 12:31 AM

i have a pearl and the 8700 .. my pearl is on webclient (Rogers) and my 8700 is Bes ... my pearl also has a 512 memory card

chazm 12-19-2006 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MythmbHurts
this is caused by your 8100 making room in its free memory.. check and make sure you have memory left if not it will clean itself to make room for new emails and such.. if you dont have a microSD card and lots of pictures or lots of apps on your BBthey take up space fast and some even think the 8100 has a memory leak.. try taking out the battery and rebooting that brings back lost memory

I don't think this is true. I have a memory card and nothing on my device memory and my phone has reset itself about 5 times in 2 months.

My girlfriend has the same phone and it has NEVER reset and she doesn't have a memory card.

I think its just a bug.

mike 12-19-2006 01:45 AM

i hope they will fix it soon... bugs like these make the blackberry have a bad name which is bad!!

kayos72 12-19-2006 01:50 AM

hey guys just my 2 cents but on the pearl there is an option in the messages folder under general options there is a setting asking keep messages: options are 15, 30days, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6months and forever could this be doing it?

sphereboy 12-20-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayos72
hey guys just my 2 cents but on the pearl there is an option in the messages folder under general options there is a setting asking keep messages: options are 15, 30days, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6months and forever could this be doing it?

i read in another post on BBF in regards to that setting. A theory is that if you have it set, for let's say, 30 days and the phone somehow loses power and the date is shifted, that this may cause the OS to delete history items.

dropscience 01-24-2007 10:24 PM

Has anyone discovered a specific sure-fire solution to this? I was just contacted by a user stating this is happening on his Rogers Pearl as well. Messages seem to auto-purge like clockwork on his device on a daily basis. He's on the BIS and his message setting is set to KEEP FOREVER. Quite odd!