BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 18
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Call their support again.. They are usually very reasonable.
Offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
TeritaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 591
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm done calling. I shipped back my 8900, wrote a letter to the customer care people and put it to bed. Clearly they don't want or need me as a customer and I'm not paying for the missing phone under any circumstance since I'm not the person who scratched it or lost it. Hopefully they don't do anything like this to any other customers.
Offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Mattywalnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Model: 8830
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: Options->Status->Hmm
Carrier: Evil Empire
Posts: 105
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

File a complaint on the Better Business Bureau site. I had a major problem with Verizon when I first purchased my BB8830 and within 30 days everything was rectified and some.

Complaint went straight to the Verizon corporate office.
Offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #44 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
TeritaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 591
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

^^I did that as well a few weeks ago and have heard nothing. I'm not expecting anything to happen since every indication I've gotten so far is that I should pay for everyone else's mistakes.
Offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #45 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
TeritaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 591
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

as expected, they're really determined to make me pay for this device. the BBB complaint went nowhere.
Offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #46 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.12
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 9,169
Post Thanks: 122
Thanked 146 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Maybe you could sue that manager and the company for emotional stress and suffering. j/k

Or make them take you to small claims court. I'll bet a judge would rule in your favor.
__________________
Report spam text messages to 7726
#BlackBerry by choice #BlacBerry 10 is here!

Last edited by daphne : 05-20-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Offline  
Old 05-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #47 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
TeritaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 591
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

probably would. either way, I'm never paying them a dime.
Offline  
Old 05-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #48 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Backnblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Model: Curve
OS: V4.5.0.77
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 153
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I never use USPS, Always use Fed-Ex or UPS with signature delivery.

Might cost more but it always works out better in the end.
__________________
Post count does not always denote Intelligence.
Offline  
Old 11-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #49 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
TeritaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 591
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Final Post Script-
I contacted the NYS Department of Consumer Protection about two weeks ago. A few days ago I received a copy of a letter they sent to T-Mobile on my behalf. Today I got a phone call asking if I would be agreeable to having my account balance reduced to zero and pulled out of collections.

So it's all done. I don't think I would ever go back to them, but it did feel really good to finally be vindicated.
Offline  
Old 11-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #50 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,071
Post Thanks: 139
Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Gotta love a happy ending. I bet you're glad this whole mess is behind you now.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 11-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator
 
SteveO86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS
Posts: 6,534
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default

Wow, congrats.

This thread did go on for a while.
__________________
8830 -> 8330 -> 9550 -> 9650
Just think about how far BlackBerries have come from then till now... And what else is coming.

Follow me on Twitter
Offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #52 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.12
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 9,169
Post Thanks: 122
Thanked 146 Times in 116 Posts
Default

That's good news.
__________________
Report spam text messages to 7726
#BlackBerry by choice #BlacBerry 10 is here!
Offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #53 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
flash24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,178
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You have all the rights in the world to complain, your a paying customer. "Customer is always right"
__________________
http://twitter.com/billydasco

Proud to Serve USAF
Offline  
Old 11-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #54 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I would of been pissed if that happen to me.
Offline  
Old 11-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #55 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Model: 8703e
OS: 4.2.1
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MetroPCS
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
You have all the rights in the world to complain, your a paying customer. "Customer is always right"
No their not. In this case the OP did not correctly install the sim card, thus causing potential damage to the device and the sim card.

The rectify, the op took his phone to a T-mobile store, where he assumed anybody that worked there would be authorized and able to "fix" his phone to working order. He did not ask any questions regarding the Rep's technical background and just assumed that the rep/manager could fix it.

It's his fault that he did not ask questions, and did not get a educated authorized tech to fix his phone in the first place. He then blames the carrier, T-mobile and goes on a pitiful ignorant journey crying and weeping that no one cares about him and that he "has" to spend double the price on a different carrier because he was to ignorant to not make himself be in this position.

The fact that T-mobile agreed to cancel all charges and take you out of collections is just consumer relations, and they are not required to do that because it is your fault that your device was "scratched" and aesthetically "damaged" to which there was no overall reduction of the phones usability.

Quite pathetic these forums are, all a bunch of whining users who can't even install a sim card correctly.
Offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #56 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
CanuckBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: YYZ
Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 1,183
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Someone1234,

If you take your car to the dealer because you manage to wedge the gas cap and in the process of fixing it, the dealer puts a nice scratch on the side of your brand new car, do you simply just drive away because it does not affect the functionality of the car?

When I bring my phone to a carrier's store, I expect it to come back in the same condition then when I turned it over to them. It's simple really.
Offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #57 (permalink)
Magic Bananas
 
ifonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Braselton, Georgia
Model: iP4S
OS: 5.1
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,350
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone1234 View Post
No their not. In this case the OP did not correctly install the sim card, thus causing potential damage to the device and the sim card.

<< The vast majority of the rambling nonsense removed for sanity's sake. >>

Quite pathetic these forums are, all a bunch of whining users who can't even install a sim card correctly.
This is the most absurd logic I have read in quite a while. In addition, your condescending tone is uncalled for. You are not, I assure you, the voice of reason, nor are you the voice of intelligence. That much is certainly very clear.

But it's obvious that you believe you are terribly important. Let me go ahead and burst that bubble for you: you are not. Based on the method by which you chose to make your post, I can also promise you that your opinion is not needed.

If these forums are such a burden to you, then by all means, please see yourself out. There is obviously nothing more that a person of your self-worth can offer us mere mortals here. While I appreciate you gracing us with your unbelievable presence, you may go now. No reason to delay the inevitable. Just go ahead and leave. Let us grovel in the mud, too stupid to get off our hands and knees, in peace.

No, no... Don't look back over your shoulder as you walk away. It will only upset you more to realize that we have all already forgotten about you.
__________________
Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #58 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Model: 8703e
OS: 4.2.1
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MetroPCS
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBB View Post
Someone1234,

If you take your car to the dealer because you manage to wedge the gas cap and in the process of fixing it, the dealer puts a nice scratch on the side of your brand new car, do you simply just drive away because it does not affect the functionality of the car?

When I bring my phone to a carrier's store, I expect it to come back in the same condition then when I turned it over to them. It's simple really.

The person walked away with the phone scratched, he then assumed responsibility.

Plus, a 100$ phone is no reflection to a 9000$+ car.
Offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #59 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
TeritaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys
Posts: 591
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone1234 View Post
Quite pathetic these forums are, all a bunch of whining users who can't even install a sim card correctly.
hilarious, you're posting to a bunch of whining losers who can't correctly install sim cards. shouldn't you have something better to do?

enjoy the rest of your time on BBF.
Offline  
Old 11-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #60 (permalink)
Magic Bananas
 
ifonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Braselton, Georgia
Model: iP4S
OS: 5.1
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,350
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone1234 View Post
The person walked away with the phone scratched, he then assumed responsibility.

Plus, a 100$ phone is no reflection to a 9000$+ car.
Wait... earlier you said that it was the OPs fault that the phone got scratched because the OP didn't check the credentials of the salesperson to determine technician qualifications. Now you're saying that it's the OPs fault that the damage to the phone wasn't fixed because the OP left the store without complaining? Clearly, in your clouded and obviously delusional mind, the OP won't ever be able to do anything correctly.

I assume in this very same mind you are the leader of your people, women fall at your feet screaming to have your children, and men cower before you dumbstruck by your square jaw and steel-blue eyes just ever so slightly covered by your perfect, wind-blown blonde hair?

Look, if you're going to continue to come to this thread despite your misguided protests that we are all effectively idiots (and therefore presumably not worth your time), then at least get your argument straight before trying to pretend like you have a clue what you are talking about.

I promise that we aren't all laughing at you. Honest. Although the thought of you standing on a mountaintop wearing a toga while waiving your staff across a sea of subservient people does make me laugh. A lot.

Okay, so I lied. I am laughing at you.
__________________
Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.