BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rants-raves-forum/)
-   -   Uspsbs! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rants-raves-forum/199956-uspsbs.html)

akim911 08-05-2009 09:52 PM

Uspsbs!
 
USPS is BS! plain and simple impossible to track like crap nxt time anyone offers to ship with USPS internationally and possibly domestically say eff that and go with Fedex or UPS !

JSanders 08-05-2009 10:10 PM

I use the USPS priority shipping to the US and Canada all of the time, for sending and receiving.

No problems here, and the price is right.

Did you know the USPS is the only carrier who will actually deliver overnight packages on Sunday and holidays -- including Christmas Day?

akim911 08-05-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1445879)
I use the USPS priority shipping to the US and Canada all of the time, for sending and receiving.

No problems here, and the price is right.

Did you know the USPS is the only carrier who will actually deliver overnight packages on Sunday and holidays -- including Christmas Day?

really? well why is it i can't track anything? I dont know where my phone is lol i think the seller didnt sent priority shipping.. ?

test54 08-06-2009 08:22 AM

If tracking is important than do not use USPS. I agree akim.

penguin3107 08-06-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akim911 (Post 1445862)
USPS is BS!

If I gave you an envelope and paid you 44 cents... would you pick it up at my house in NY and take it to California for me?
No? Well, USPS would. Guess they're not all that bad.

crbowers 08-06-2009 09:33 AM

I don't really post, just read. But I'd figure I'd chime in as I ship USPS and UPS internationally and domestically almost daily.

It is true that USPS doesn't really offer tracking like UPS and FedEx. However, for domestic shipment they offer Delivery Confirmation that is like tracking lite.

OP, I'm assuming that you are in Canada and getting a shiment from the US since your carrier is Rogers. There should have been a number on the customs form that the shipper should be able to give to you, it's pretty long and ends in US. E.g. LZxxxxxxxxxUS. With that you should be able to track from the USPS website and see when it was handed over to customs, etc. It's not as complete as UPS tracking, but at least it's something. It would not be uncommon that the shipper would not have recorded this number as the Post Office doesnt tell you what it is for.

Also, in my experience, packages can sit a lot longer in Canadian customs that most other countries; don't really know why.

Hope I provided at least some help.

jacobsaa 08-06-2009 12:39 PM

Either it becomes completely privatized or we all pay a dongload more!

Look at this:

Federal Eye - $2.4 Billion Quarterly Loss for Postal Service

kathrynhr 08-06-2009 12:48 PM

The only time I get irritated with the USPS is when we start playing "delivery notification" tag. Which is a major PITA.

akim911 08-06-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crbowers (Post 1446122)
I don't really post, just read. But I'd figure I'd chime in as I ship USPS and UPS internationally and domestically almost daily.

It is true that USPS doesn't really offer tracking like UPS and FedEx. However, for domestic shipment they offer Delivery Confirmation that is like tracking lite.

OP, I'm assuming that you are in Canada and getting a shiment from the US since your carrier is Rogers. There should have been a number on the customs form that the shipper should be able to give to you, it's pretty long and ends in US. E.g. LZxxxxxxxxxUS. With that you should be able to track from the USPS website and see when it was handed over to customs, etc. It's not as complete as UPS tracking, but at least it's something. It would not be uncommon that the shipper would not have recorded this number as the Post Office doesnt tell you what it is for.

Also, in my experience, packages can sit a lot longer in Canadian customs that most other countries; don't really know why.

Hope I provided at least some help.

yep canadian eh, but i got that tracking code and it does shittttt haha ... tells you nothing all it says received at the postal office when the seller shipped it that's it! and its been a week now lol ...fml

CanuckBB 08-07-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akim911 (Post 1445862)
USPS is BS! plain and simple impossible to track like crap nxt time anyone offers to ship with USPS internationally and possibly domestically say eff that and go with Fedex or UPS !

You do realize that as soon as the package leaves the US, it it no longer under the control of the USPS, right?

The courriers keep control of the package all the way through. USPS to Canada, Canada Post assumes responsibility at the border. So USPS can tell you when the package arrived at the border. If you need door-to-door tracking, use a courrier.

jacobsaa 08-07-2009 02:28 PM

They make me wanna go postal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.