BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #141 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,103
Post Thanks: 152
Thanked 158 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

He's avoided a good 75% of the suggestions/questions people have mentioned to him. He is being a classic troll. Having said that, he's winning as we continue to comment on his ignorance.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #142 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC
Model: 9630
OS: v4.7.1.40
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 202
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I refuse to answer the memory or apps questions because it is unreasonable -- no, it is ridiculous -- to expect users to have to keep tabs on these. I have stayed on top of these and other issues for 3 years now and I refuse to waste my precious time doing so anymore. New generation devices obviate the need to do this crap.

You guys are so cute -- you seem to really believe that RIM is gonna stay on top doing the same thing its been doing since '99 or whatever -- ha! We'll see boys... we'll see...
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #143 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
djm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 4,659
Post Thanks: 37
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Well, I think we have an answer. The doofus has loaded it up to the gills and expects it to work. The dumb azz will do the same to the Droid and realize that will mess up as well. Go test that as well.

Top 90% Technophile? Hardly. Bottom 1/3 is my estimate.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #144 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 27,948
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 470 Times in 406 Posts
Default

Enjoy the Droid. Please. It is focused on consumers like you. Enjoy..

Epic Fail.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #145 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: Droid
OS: Google!
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 1,555
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIndian View Post
I refuse to answer the memory or apps questions because it is unreasonable -- no, it is ridiculous -- to expect users to have to keep tabs on these. I have stayed on top of these and other issues for 3 years now and I refuse to waste my precious time doing so anymore. New generation devices obviate the need to do this crap.

You guys are so cute -- you seem to really believe that RIM is gonna stay on top doing the same thing its been doing since '99 or whatever -- ha! We'll see boys... we'll see...
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL god your one stupid troll.

here black berry tour

RAM:capacity: 256 MiB
ROM;capacity: 256 MiB

Moto droid:
RAM:capacity: 256 MiB
ROM;capacity: 512 MiB

rom == read only memory.

so both devices have a whopping 256MiB of memory to use.

just one thing give us the driod forum you're going to cry on over memory issues on it too.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #146 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Paspt
OS: 10.3.0.90
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long
Posts: 9,176
Post Thanks: 120
Thanked 147 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIndian View Post
I refuse to answer the memory or apps questions because it is unreasonable -- no, it is ridiculous -- to expect users to have to keep tabs on these.
I hope you don't apply this faulty (attempt at) logic to other things in your life. If you don't keep tabs on the gas in your car, it runs out and you get stranded. If you keep filling up your PC with apps and files without ever deleting anything, eventually you run out of hard drive space. If you don't check your bank balance, you might get overdrawn and have to pay fees, etc.

You are suffering the effects of your own ignorance and stubborness. It has nothing to do with the BlackBerry and everything to do with how you use/abuse it.
__________________
Report spam text messages to 7726
#BlackBerry by choice
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #147 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
CoDudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Model: iOS
OS: 5.0.1
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN
Posts: 1,937
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
so both devices have a whopping 256MiB of memory to use.

just one thing give us the driod forum you're going to cry on over memory issues on it too.
ha ha, i think it was the 512 ROM that got him to swap over to the Droid.
Yes do give us which Droid forum you're going to be ranting at after a few weeks of usage.

Err.. 'objective and fair'? do you ACTUALLY know how to do that? considering how you INSIST on RIM going downhill.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #148 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: BBPP
OS: 10.3.3
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 14,074
Post Thanks: 31
Thanked 559 Times in 541 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8820)

I don't have a problem with the blackberry requiring some sophistication to use and maintain. I don't mean I accept defects; just that I think the device that is intended to be everthing for everyone and simple-stupid to use has its own problems.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #149 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC
Model: 9630
OS: v4.7.1.40
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 202
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

CoDudette you are sexy
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #150 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,103
Post Thanks: 152
Thanked 158 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
You are suffering the effects of your own ignorance and stubborness. It has nothing to do with the BlackBerry and everything to do with how you use/abuse it.
+2. Very well said, Daphne.

By his last response to CoDudette, I think that's his subtle way of admitting he knows he's wrong in all of this.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #151 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC
Model: 9630
OS: v4.7.1.40
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 202
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What? haha -- don't get overly Freudian friend, I simply think CoDudette is sexy and want her to pull on my mullet that's all

I'll let y'all know about the Droid in a couple days

Cloud computing is the future. Cords = antiquated. BES = prehistoric.

Droid does baby.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #152 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,103
Post Thanks: 152
Thanked 158 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIndian View Post
What? haha -- don't get overly Freudian friend, I simply think CoDudette is sexy and want her to pull on my mullet that's all

I'll let y'all know about the Droid in a couple days

Cloud computing is the future. Cords = antiquated. BES = prehistoric.

Droid does baby.
My point was that you continuously avoid questions about how you use the device, as you know you're not using as it's intended to be used. So, instead, you make off topic comments to change the subject or focus of the conversation. CoDudette's looks have nothing to do with your dislike of BlackBerry devices.

Secondly, you've admitted that you have NO IDEA what BES is and how it works, so how can YOU possibly call it prehistoric? Please, Please, PLEASE give me some examples.

You're just saying things (as you have this entire thread) without reason or facts to back up your claims. Until you do so, you will be nothing more than a troll.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #153 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIndian View Post
CoDudette you are sexy
Maybe she will share her PIN with you!!! Oh wait....you'll have a droid....
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #154 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
djm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 4,659
Post Thanks: 37
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
I hope you don't apply this faulty (attempt at) logic to other things in your life. If you don't keep tabs on the gas in your car, it runs out and you get stranded. If you keep filling up your PC with apps and files without ever deleting anything, eventually you run out of hard drive space. If you don't check your bank balance, you might get overdrawn and have to pay fees, etc.

You are suffering the effects of your own ignorance and stubborness. It has nothing to do with the BlackBerry and everything to do with how you use/abuse it.
Well said.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #155 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: Z30
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,921
Post Thanks: 61
Thanked 258 Times in 185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIndian View Post
As I sit here with my thumb up my butt waiting for my Tour to reboot (froze again -- sigh), I have decided:
Ask your thumb to say Hi to your brain

They should meet.


(oh, that's ^^ for laughs, I am really sorry this thread has gotten THIS low).
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #156 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: Droid
OS: Google!
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 1,555
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
here black berry tour
LOL i fail at typing.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #157 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC
Model: 9630
OS: v4.7.1.40
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 202
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
My point was that you continuously avoid questions about how you use the device, as you know you're not using as it's intended to be used.
Gee let's see... I want to...

Send and receive email (all devices do almost equally well these days -- gone are the days of RIM's dominance in this sphere)

Browse the web --> BlackBerry sucks

Read Kindle books --> BlackBerry can't do at all

Listen to Audible books --> BlackBerry sucks

Reserve a ZipCar --> BlackBerry can't do at all

Sync my Calendar, Contacts, Task etc. through the cloud across multiple devices for free --> Google Android does seamlessly out of the box, with BlackBerry + Microsoft you have to pay and you need a "systems administrator"??? (How stupid is that anyway???)

Not have to constantly monitor memory and regulate what [mostly crappy] apps I download from the BB App Store --> BlackBerry sucks

Oh sure y'all are gonna cry SECURITY ALERT!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Please. The cloud is the future. You can accept it now, or you can accept it later.

I have liked BB for years now but I can see its deficiencies clearly now -- I don't understand how y'all are so blinded, it's almost cult-like -- very weird

And no I'm not gonna go over the [very few] apps I have installed or how much memory I have. Even though I know that that is not the problem and that the problem is simply that BB is a piece-of-shiznit, I am not going to indulge in this stupid exercise any more.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #158 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,103
Post Thanks: 152
Thanked 158 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Please explain how RIM's days of dominance are over when it comes to PUSH email?

Also, please explain how BES is prehistoric, you seem to have purposely left that out of your post when that is clearly what i begged for you to answer.

Your explanation of using Google's cloud has been answered earlier in this thread. Not a lot of people trust Google with their private data. If you see this as more secure than using a BES, then you're clearly delusional.

So again, please explain to me how RIM's days of PUSH email dominance are over. More so than that, please explain how BES is prehistoric.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #159 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC
Model: 9630
OS: v4.7.1.40
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 202
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Maybe she will share her PIN with you!!! Oh wait....you'll have a droid....
I'm glad you brought up BBM. It is STUPID. There is no point other than some weird feeling of belonging to a "special BlackBerry club." Text or email serve the exact same purpose.

I don't want her PIN. I want her to pin me.
Offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #160 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
djm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 4,659
Post Thanks: 37
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIndian View Post
Gee let's see... I want to...

Send and receive email (all devices do almost equally well these days -- gone are the days of RIM's dominance in this sphere)

Browse the web --> BlackBerry sucks

Read Kindle books --> BlackBerry can't do at all

Listen to Audible books --> BlackBerry sucks

Reserve a ZipCar --> BlackBerry can't do at all

Sync my Calendar, Contacts, Task etc. through the cloud across multiple devices for free --> Google Android does seamlessly out of the box, with BlackBerry + Microsoft you have to pay and you need a "systems administrator"??? (How stupid is that anyway???)

Not have to constantly monitor memory and regulate what [mostly crappy] apps I download from the BB App Store --> BlackBerry sucks

Oh sure y'all are gonna cry SECURITY ALERT!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Please. The cloud is the future. You can accept it now, or you can accept it later.

I have liked BB for years now but I can see its deficiencies clearly now -- I don't understand how y'all are so blinded, it's almost cult-like -- very weird

And no I'm not gonna go over the [very few] apps I have installed or how much memory I have. Even though I know that that is not the problem and that the problem is simply that BB is a piece-of-shiznit, I am not going to indulge in this stupid exercise any more.
Then FOR YOU a different product is the way to go. However, don't be so arrogant or stupid as to assume that everyone else has the same need set that you do. We don't. Good-Bye.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

LAP/12-5 MHz Probe SonoSite Micromaxx Linear Transducer
$330.0
LAP/12-5 MHz Probe SonoSite Micromaxx Linear Transducer pictureASHCROFT ASH-K1-7-MEK-12-H3 TRANSDUCER * NEW IN BOX *
$109.0
ASHCROFT ASH-K1-7-MEK-12-H3 TRANSDUCER * NEW IN BOX  * picturePiezoelectricsCleaning Transducers Ultrasonic Ceramics Plate 40khz 35W Low Heats
$7.52
PiezoelectricsCleaning Transducers Ultrasonic Ceramics Plate 40khz 35W Low Heats picture GE 12L Ultrasound Transducer Probe
$158.0
 GE 12L Ultrasound Transducer Probe pictureDATA INSTRUMENTS 9303303 PRESSURE TRANSDUCER 0-200PSIA *NEW NO BOX*
$399.0
DATA INSTRUMENTS 9303303 PRESSURE TRANSDUCER 0-200PSIA *NEW NO BOX* picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.