BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,710
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 498 Times in 485 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Ok, opinions are like ... well, you know. But with all the nagativity I am reading, I have to say I like the way the blackberry does things. And I like the browser -- 90% of the time it is all I need when I'm mobile, and the other 10% of the time I get by. When I'm on-the-move-mobile, I like the simple mobile versions of the full-version websites I use on the PC or netbook. Maybe it's me, but I'm not a Ludite. And I always say the perfect device is the one that's perfect for you.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 11-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Stuck In The '70's Mod
 
ndub33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The 'burbs east of Seattle.
Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 7,599
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Well stated. I have tried Opera Mini, and although it worked fine, I didn't see it as a huge advantage over the native browser.

To each his (or her) own...
__________________
1st Step in Troubleshooting: Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
2nd Step in Troubleshooting: Pull the Battery.
Offline  
Old 11-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
DacyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the Off Topic Lounge.
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.282
PIN: g Bomb!
Carrier: The Newest AT&T
Posts: 2,321
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (My name is Bubbles)

I also have used other browsers and always go back to the BlackBerry browser, the only thing I would change is on the 4.6 browser I would add the option to use the cursor or not like the curves had. Other than that I haven't found one better for the BlackBerry.
__________________
Dacy Jackson
Offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 02:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
craig3010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 149
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000, answers to HAL)

Speaking of, has anybody heard any more about Mozilla for BB?
Offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator
 
SteveO86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS
Posts: 6,534
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default

Yea, I do have to back you guys up here. The BlackBerry Browser really does suit me needs.

The only time I use Opera Mini is when I want to download an extra large file on my BlackBerry.

Maybe it's the browser in 5.0 I don't know but if I remember back to my 8830/4.2.2 days the browser has improved drastically and I feel it's really is usable.
__________________
8830 -> 8330 -> 9550 -> 9650
Just think about how far BlackBerries have come from then till now... And what else is coming.

Follow me on Twitter
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.