BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #101 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

I just want to note to you, I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 on a family plan (with 1000 msgs and unlimited voice) w/o BES/BIS and voice/txt work great, so there's nothing there for me to complain.

By entering the APN wap.voicestream.com and resending the generic TMo service books, some apps even started to work (like MilkSync, IM+ Lite, BB Maps, but not OMini, etc.) I am very satisfied with the phone and so far it's doing a great job for me without the additional $30 per month.

So to the OP, he can try switching to T-Mobile and it will work, at least it did for me.
Offline  
Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #102 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: BBPP
OS: 10.3.3
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,998
Post Thanks: 28
Thanked 534 Times in 518 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by miladinoski
I just want to note to you, I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 on a family plan (with 1000 msgs and unlimited voice) w/o BES/BIS and voice/txt work great, so there's nothing there for me to complain.

By entering the APN wap.voicestream.com and resending the generic TMo service books, some apps even started to work (like MilkSync, IM+ Lite, BB Maps, but not OMini, etc.) I am very satisfied with the phone and so far it's doing a great job for me without the additional $30 per month.

So to the OP, he can try switching to T-Mobile and it will work, at least it did for me.
I don't know how you are using blackberry maps given your description; maybe a third-party mapping and navigation application, but not the blackberry/RIM mapping application. But I've never personally tried with a blackberry that didn't have a blackberry data plan.

Have you been billed yet since you have been using the TCP/IP APN data?
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 05-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #103 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted



I don't know how you are using blackberry maps given your description; maybe a third-party mapping and navigation application, but not the blackberry/RIM mapping application. But I've never personally tried with a blackberry that didn't have a blackberry data plan.

Have you been billed yet since you have been using the TCP/IP APN data?
I am using the BB Maps (not Google Maps or other 3rd party app) rerouted through the TMo APN through an application called Aerize WifiX, which I luckily have the license for (and is not sold anymore) and which can reroute applications to access the appropriate hosts through Wifi and/or TCP (applications that otherwise can't be used without BIS/BES). Not all applications work though, even after adding the hosts and chaning the connection type through it.

I haven't been billed (even though I don't have a data plan) and have been using this for something more than 2 months.

You can find a lot more details on this on Google, methinks.
Offline  
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #104 (permalink)
New Member
 
jsconyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a van down by the river.
Model: NOTE2
OS: 4.1
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 15,100
Post Thanks: 152
Thanked 152 Times in 125 Posts
Default

It's most likely Google Maps.

As far as I am aware, T-Mobile does not require a data plan on the 8100 devices.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, get taken.
Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on the back until it starts to work.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline  
Old 05-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #105 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: BBPP
OS: 10.3.3
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,998
Post Thanks: 28
Thanked 534 Times in 518 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by miladinoski
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted



I don't know how you are using blackberry maps given your description; maybe a third-party mapping and navigation application, but not the blackberry/RIM mapping application. But I've never personally tried with a blackberry that didn't have a blackberry data plan.

Have you been billed yet since you have been using the TCP/IP APN data?
I am using the BB Maps (not Google Maps or other 3rd party app) rerouted through the TMo APN through an application called Aerize WifiX, which I luckily have the license for (and is not sold anymore) and which can reroute applications to access the appropriate hosts through Wifi and/or TCP (applications that otherwise can't be used without BIS/BES). Not all applications work though, even after adding the hosts and chaning the connection type through it.

I haven't been billed (even though I don't have a data plan) and have been using this for something more than 2 months.

You can find a lot more details on this on Google, methinks.
You didn't mention Aerize WifiX earlier. That's news to me, but I'll take your word for it.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #106 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nope, actually Google Maps doesn't work, even w/ Aerize, but the BB Maps do, trust my word.

(even though I would wish it was the other way around, since GM is better than the RIM provided ones)...
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

1PCS BTN8980 TO-263-7 Technologies Transistor to ensure good quality
$4.0
1PCS BTN8980 TO-263-7  Technologies Transistor to ensure good quality pictureSencore TF-40 Pocket Cricket Transistor Tester
$94.99
Sencore TF-40 Pocket Cricket Transistor Tester picture200pcs 10 Values NPN PNP TO-92 S8050-13001 Silicon Transistor Assortment DIY Kit
$4.21
200pcs 10 Values NPN PNP TO-92 S8050-13001 Silicon Transistor Assortment DIY Kit picture200pcs 10 Values NPN PNP TO-92 S8050-13001 Assorted Transistor DIY Kit DH
$4.16
200pcs 10 Values NPN PNP TO-92 S8050-13001 Assorted Transistor DIY Kit DH picture200pcs 10 Values NPN PNP TO-92 S8050-13001 Three Pin Transistor Assortment Kit
$4.11
200pcs 10 Values NPN PNP TO-92 S8050-13001 Three Pin Transistor Assortment Kit picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.