BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rants-raves-forum/)
-   -   Terrible support from RIM (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rants-raves-forum/228512-terrible-support-rim.html)

purplewizard 06-10-2010 02:34 AM

Terrible support from RIM
 
I just spent 3.5 hours on the phone with Verizon and then RIM (mostly RIM) trying to figure out how to get documents to go to work. We finally figured it out, but it took much longer than I would havew expected and one of the RIM tech support people hung up on me in the interim. They make it very difficult to talk to anyone in charge to give feedback re their tech support.

Motorcycle Mama 06-10-2010 06:22 AM

Why post that here, though?

NJBlackBerry 06-10-2010 06:23 AM

Because the original poster must think that this volunteer run forum is associated with Research In Motion. It isn't.

Dubdub 06-10-2010 06:58 AM

Sounds like a rant to me.

So moved.

Jadey 06-10-2010 07:01 AM

TBH, Docs To Go is a DataViz product. Not Verizon or RIM.

Maybe the OP should be grateful that those 2 companies spent 3.5 hours sorting out someone else's software. I wouldn't have.

dc/dc 06-10-2010 07:40 AM

I love HP sauce.

jsconyers 06-10-2010 04:32 PM

I've had many good experiences with RIM support. They're better than most other copmanies technical support staff that I've dealt with.

kathrynhr 06-11-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1617202)
I've had many good experiences with RIM support. They're better than most other copmanies technical support staff that I've dealt with.

+1.

SteveO86 06-16-2010 08:10 AM

How does Docs To Go not work??

(I'm really curious about this one)

djm2 06-17-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1617202)
I've had many good experiences with RIM support. They're better than most other copmanies technical support staff that I've dealt with.

I have had excellent luck with SAS; nobody else is close.

wabbit 06-25-2010 12:35 AM

Wirelessly posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadey
TBH, Docs To Go is a DataViz product. Not Verizon or RIM.

Maybe the OP should be grateful that those 2 companies spent 3.5 hours sorting out someone else's software. I wouldn't have.

Rim is packaging phones with it. Rim is taking the support hit for it.

Its the same as the junk software pc mfg install on a new comp. You the end user chose to use that software then the mfg supports it. Just saying.

SteveO86 06-25-2010 10:29 AM

So if my new HP Laptop comes pre-installed with a trial of Symantec Anti-virus, and the Anti-Virus acts up, I call HP and I should be upset they tell me to call Symantec??

wabbit 06-25-2010 05:08 PM

Wirelessly posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveO86
So if my new HP Laptop comes pre-installed with a trial of Symantec Anti-virus, and the Anti-Virus acts up, I call HP and I should be upset they tell me to call Symantec??

Hp support will deal with any issue that is caused with there pre installed system.

The same thing goes for microsoft will not offer support for the os that came on your new hp since its oem.

By your logic if the radio in my car breaks I need to bring it to the radio manufacturer. not the dealer.

Jadey 06-28-2010 06:54 AM

Even if I go with your argument re: RIM, how are Verizon responsible? OP wasn't happy with their support either!

DocsToGo is DataViz. If you have a hardcore problem that RIM and VZ can't fix, go to DataViz.

Seems logical to me.

SteveO86 06-28-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbit (Post 1622437)
Wirelessly posted



Hp support will deal with any issue that is caused with there pre installed system.

The same thing goes for microsoft will not offer support for the os that came on your new hp since its oem.

By your logic if the radio in my car breaks I need to bring it to the radio manufacturer. not the dealer.

Why does every metaphor always have to revert back to cars :?
(This isn't a car, a car is a bit more expensive then a phone therefore comes with more in terms of everything)

The dealership and the contract specifically say the car and everything is warrantied for x amount of miles, does the BlackBerry contract warranty their equipment for x of Megabytes?

wabbit 06-28-2010 10:40 AM

Wirelessly posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveO86
Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbit (Post 1622437)
Wirelessly posted



Hp support will deal with any issue that is caused with there pre installed system.

The same thing goes for microsoft will not offer support for the os that came on your new hp since its oem.

By your logic if the radio in my car breaks I need to bring it to the radio manufacturer. not the dealer.

Why does every metaphor always have to revert back to cars :?
(This isn't a car, a car is a bit more expensive then a phone therefore comes with more in terms of everything)

The dealership and the contract specifically say the car and everything is warrantied for x amount of miles, does the BlackBerry contract warranty their equipment for x of Megabytes?

Anything the mfg puts on a device from the factory assemble or what where ever else the mfg supports the crapware they put on.

Might not be the most skilled support but they do infact support it. As for your example yes hp supports norton.

This is the one thing that most people in tech support hate yet they have to. Else don't package crap you will not support. As an end user. If it came with I baught it from you you will support it. Bottom line.

wabbit 06-28-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadey (Post 1623182)
Even if I go with your argument re: RIM, how are Verizon responsible? OP wasn't happy with their support either!

DocsToGo is DataViz. If you have a hardcore problem that RIM and VZ can't fix, go to DataViz.

Seems logical to me.


this is logical to people who are computer lit, take someone who is not. has no clue, get a blackberry. they will complain to the carrier since that is who handles support, then it gets handed off to rim when the carrier can not fix it.

considering they purchased the product with that in it. i do not see why they would have to track down who made what and call there support line.

this is the big problem with mfg getting paid to put crapware on a device. they get paid to put that on the device, or pc, or w/e they can then support the crap they got paid to put on the device or pc.

if the user put something that did not come on the blackberry or a pc, i agree call that product support.

SteveO86 06-29-2010 08:09 AM

I would really think calling Docs To Go Crapware is a pretty big stretch... I'm still curious as to how DTG breaks, since we never got any clue as to what getting DTG to work means... and the OP still has only 1 post on this whole forum..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.