BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Blackberry Support Prefers to win rather than resolve

Please Login to Remove!

When Blackberry indicates that their Tour model isnt water proof they dont mean deep sea diving into the abyss that is the atlantic or pacific ocean. They dont really even mean deep diving into your bath tub or kitchen sink. What they DO mean is bring the phone to your ear on a hot day and having sweat from that same ear LEAK into the LCD of the Tour. Since WATER DAMAGE is not covered as part of the Warranty neither is Ear Sweat...which Blackberrys crack customer support professionals who also seem to be experts in liquid chemistry just informed me. NOTE, when asked how I was to use my Tour if I wasnt head long into my freezer avoiding what to my knowledge in 41 years is not an over anxious ear sweat gland, I was told to use an ear piece. SO, Blackberry apparently doesnt hire Support People that care about what to me seems to be a rational disatisfaction---ie---why didnt Blackberry warn me that i shouldnt use my ear to take or make calls unless I was standing on the top of Mount Everest. I dont recall seeing a warning anywhere that normal levels of sweat from a human ear could cause FLOOD DAMAGE the likes of katrina in your Tour---and would not be covered under warranty????? Also, why didnt Blackberry inform their customer service professionals that the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT...even when he is wrong???? The problem with America people????....you cant use your ear to talk on the phone anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by notsatisfied : 09-02-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling error
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsatisfied View Post
Also, why didnt Blackberry inform their customer service professionals that the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT...even when he is wrong????
Because obviously you are wrong. Go read your Verizon warranty.
Your service provider provides the warranty service on the device, and it is pretty clearly spelled out that moisture damage is not covered.
That's pretty clear on ANY mobile phone or smartphone.

However, if you settle down to the point of doing something about it, read the FAQ about wet blackberrys and save yours.

Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default really????

didnt you read..."even when they are wrong"???? AND NOTE...where does it tell me that i need to be careful not to put the phone to my ear as MINIMAL amounts of SWEAT will seep into my LCD??????? Where does it tell me this IN WRITING???? Since I am so wrong in your view!! I am aware that WATER damage isnt covered!!!! What I WASNT aware of, if you read clearly, is that ear sweat is the same as a pool!!!!!
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,798
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 441 Times in 381 Posts
Default

Moved to Rants and Raves

Your issue is with Verizon Wireless. Complain to them. This is a privately run forum, volunteer supported, that is not associated with RIM or any carrier.

Sorry you got your BB wet.
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default not with verizon only

my issue is not entirely with verizon. i assume people from Blackberry read these forum discussions. they should be aware that their customer support people are not very effective. tour users should also be aware that they may get into trouble if they are hot and chose to use their tour without an ear piece. this is not a rant...it is a legit post that brings up a legit concern.
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

AND Note...i called Blackberry in addition to Verizon. they both lack concern for the basic premise that you cannot bring the Tour to your ear if it is hot out!!!
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,798
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 441 Times in 381 Posts
Default

No, it IS a rant. 100% certified.
You can stop arguing now as it is over.
Sorry.
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Lulz.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Wow
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is it truly that much of a stretch for people to realize that i am concerned that i have a phone that i cannot bring to my ear without damaging it? blackberry and verizon could care less as they are covered by the water damage clause of the warranty. however, what is striking to me is that others have not had this issue. if this is true, than my phone is dysfunctional and both verizon and blackberry are avoiding replacing it on a technicality. as a consumer oriented forum i would think more people would be concerned that two major players in the cell phone industry could care less that a phone they both offer is leaking ear sweat---primarily because most of us...unless i am from the wrong planet...hear out of our ears!!!! how am i to use my phone if it leaks ear sweat???? doesnt that strike the users of this forum as strange? i could be out close to 500 bucks because blackberry built a phone that cant contain my ear sweat.
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsatisfied View Post
is it truly that much of a stretch for people to realize that i am concerned that i have a phone that i cannot bring to my ear without damaging it? blackberry and verizon could care less as they are covered by the water damage clause of the warranty. however, what is striking to me is that others have not had this issue. if this is true, than my phone is dysfunctional and both verizon and blackberry are avoiding replacing it on a technicality. as a consumer oriented forum i would think more people would be concerned that two major players in the cell phone industry could care less that a phone they both offer is leaking ear sweat---primarily because most of us...unless i am from the wrong planet...hear out of our ears!!!! how am i to use my phone if it leaks ear sweat???? doesnt that strike the users of this forum as strange? i could be out close to 500 bucks because blackberry built a phone that cant contain my ear sweat.
I've been on this forum, and other mobile phone forums, daily for over 5 years.
I've never heard of anyone, other than you, who has had this "problem".

Just accept the fact that you're different and move on. So you sweat more than anyone else on the planet... big deal. Carry a rag with you and wipe your ears often.
What else do you expect people to say here?
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,721
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default

I'm late to the party, but I'll take this seriously and advise that you get another smartphone, and another, and another, until you find one that you are satisfied with. Seriously.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

interesting...if in 5 years, you like me, havent encountered this, than the phone that i currently have in my possession is mechanically NOT functioning properly and therefore should be replaced under warranty.
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

and i dont expect anyone here to do anything...you see, this is a forum where people discuss all things Blackberry...does it escape you, Penguin, that people from Blackberry might actually be reading some of these posts???? additionally, if there are others that have had this problem then there might be those that have a solution---other than your brilliant suggestion that I walk the earth with a rag.
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

and if you have been on phone forums daily for 5 years straight than you are either in prison or need to get a life!!!!
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: I747
OS: 4.1.1
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 2,340
Post Thanks: 43
Thanked 117 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsatisfied View Post
and i dont expect anyone here to do anything...you see, this is a forum where people discuss all things Blackberry...does it escape you, Penguin, that people from Blackberry might actually be reading some of these posts???? additionally, if there are others that have had this problem then there might be those that have a solution---other than your brilliant suggestion that I walk the earth with a rag.
Don't think anyone has a problem with you doing a little venting. But littering this forum with your countless rants is beyond tolerable. In fact it's bordering on spam.
__________________
The Search tool and BlackBerryFAQ answer many questions.

Last edited by devnull : 09-02-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
aiharkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Florida Panhandle
Model: Z10
OS: 10.2.1
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Posts: 13,721
Post Thanks: 15
Thanked 500 Times in 487 Posts
Default

Or you got it wet some other way. Sweaty pockets, foggy shower rooms and so forth have been reported to cause moisture damage symptoms..... But I too have never come across sweat dripping into the device from the user's ear.

The fact remains, however, that if the device shows evidence of water damage, it is your fault, not the device's or the manufacturer's or the seller's.

Find a device that works for you.
__________________
- Ira
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
Motorcycle Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1.0.163
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 4,351
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 249 Times in 240 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsatisfied View Post
my issue is not entirely with verizon. i assume people from Blackberry read these forum discussions. they should be aware that their customer support people are not very effective. tour users should also be aware that they may get into trouble if they are hot and chose to use their tour without an ear piece. this is not a rant...it is a legit post that brings up a legit concern.
What in the world would make you think that anyone from RIM reads these forum discussions?
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
NumNums's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto
Model: Z10
OS: 10.0.9.23
PIN: 2671618F
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 41
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

At least you are not being told that you are holding it in your hand the wrong way
Offline  
Old 09-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
What in the world would make you think that anyone from RIM reads these forum discussions?
dude...its what i do...social marketeers gauge their customers experience by reading forums like this!!! actually...since RIM doesnt seem to care that i had a bad experience, my guess is you are correct...they dont read customer discussion forums.

as for SPAM...lol...really. Is this discussion forum only for discussion topics that YOU accept? like i said, i was hoping to find someone that had a similar experience...clearly i am not going to find the special someone...so i am out 500 bucks...and 2 dollars for a rag.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.