BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: atoka ok
Model: pearl
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Please Login to Remove!

This is my rant and rave for the day... I am trying to bring awareness to this crap!
1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash... One was a pregnant woman

This is freaking sad as hell.
Offline  
Old 10-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
TBOLTRAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Model: 5S
OS: 8.1
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 5,240
Post Thanks: 71
Thanked 113 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Three words:

Darwin Awards 2010
__________________
There is no Hope. She left last week.
Offline  
Old 10-19-2010, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default

I won't even read this. Normally, when something like this happens at a gathering, it's due to the stupidity of the riders. I have no sympathy for idiots on motorcycles.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 10-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Elite
 
knottyrope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Model: Passp
OS: 10.2.1
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Posts: 6,796
Post Thanks: 283
Thanked 300 Times in 284 Posts
Default

that site has very low traffic, looks like they are trying to promote it.

user only has 11 posts too hint hint
__________________
irony : many old timer posters have de-evolved into the trolls they once fought
I am on http://supportforums.blackberry.com
BES 10 running sweet for my Passport, Z30, Z10 and Q10
Offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York,NY
Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

link doesn't work but sad if true
Offline  
Old 11-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
I have no sympathy for idiots on motorcycles.
As a motorcycle (Harley) rider, I don't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
I won't even read this.
You should have...

Ripped from the article- The death of a pregnant woman marks the first motorcycle fatality of Biketoberfest - the annual motorcycle festival in Daytona Beach.

A pregnant woman who was a passenger on a motorcycle died and three other people were injured when a sport utility vehicle crossed into the path of three motorcycles Friday night.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Normally, when something like this happens at a gathering, it's due to the stupidity of the riders.
Simply put, your above statement is ignorant. As a rider, I have seen riders on all types of bikes do stupid things. That said, believe me, the number of car drivers using a cell phone (talking or texting) outnumbers stupid bikers about 10,000:1.


Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
that site has very low traffic, looks like they are trying to promote it.
user only has 11 posts too hint hint
I have fewer posts than that... this thread appears to about putting light on a trgaic situation, NOT trying to increase a website's traffic (as if BBF's Rants & Raves section could do that.)
Offline  
Old 11-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
tsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Others run out when we run in
Model: Z10
OS: 10.010219
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 8,407
Post Thanks: 43
Thanked 598 Times in 591 Posts
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Looks like the web site took the view down.
__________________
If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button


9810 BES
Z10 on BES
9700 BIS
Offline  
Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABnTN View Post
As a motorcycle (Harley) rider, I don't either
Bear in mind that you ride a cruiser, not a crotch rocket. There's a difference in the crowds those types of bikes attract. This incident involved the latter.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Bear in mind that you ride a cruiser, not a crotch rocket. There's a difference in the crowds those types of bikes attract. This incident involved the latter.
Biketoberfest is a huge annual Bike Rally in Daytona, where Crusiers (Harley's) outnumber sportbikes at least 20:1. (I've been twice in the past 10 years.)

Is it OK for me to stereotype a blackberry user because I "know" that they text/email/or talk on the phone while driving?
Offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
TBOLTRAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Model: 5S
OS: 8.1
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 5,240
Post Thanks: 71
Thanked 113 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABnTN View Post
Biketoberfest is a huge annual Bike Rally in Daytona, where Crusiers (Harley's) outnumber sportbikes at least 20:1. (I've been twice in the past 10 years.)

Is it OK for me to stereotype a blackberry user because I "know" that they text/email/or talk on the phone while driving?
Eh, I also pass gas.

In my day they were called cafe racers.
__________________
There is no Hope. She left last week.

Last edited by TBOLTRAM : 11-29-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABnTN View Post
Biketoberfest is a huge annual Bike Rally in Daytona, where Crusiers (Harley's) outnumber sportbikes at least 20:1. (I've been twice in the past 10 years.)

Is it OK for me to stereotype a blackberry user because I "know" that they text/email/or talk on the phone while driving?
Irrelevant. The people involved were sportbikers, and unfortunately, the stereotypes for them are almost always true. They just get stupid in large numbers.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 11-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: san diego
Model: 9780
PIN: 2367A1E9
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 88
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Sorry to be a buzz kill and I know this the rant section but don't we get plenty of shitty news thru the lame stream media on a daily basis??? I know I don't want to read about this type of stuff when looking for blackberry info.
Just my two cents.
Semper Fi!!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
kathrynhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio
Model: None
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 2,035
Post Thanks: 37
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesavila View Post
Sorry to be a buzz kill and I know this the rant section but don't we get plenty of shitty news thru the lame stream media on a daily basis??? I know I don't want to read about this type of stuff when looking for blackberry info.
Just my two cents.
Semper Fi!!
Did you seriously just post to tell people not to post?
Offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Irrelevant. The people involved were sportbikers, and unfortunately, the stereotypes for them are almost always true. They just get stupid in large numbers.
Have you ever been to Biketoberfest? There are not "large numbers" of sport bikes.

How do you know the pople involved were sport bikers...?...you refused to read it...?

Regarding the tragic incident (as well as some aspects of this thread), the quote from Ron White rings through my brain- "Ya' just can't fix stupid."
Offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABnTN View Post
Have you ever been to Biketoberfest? There are not "large numbers" of sport bikes.

How do you know the pople involved were sport bikers...?...you refused to read it...?

Regarding the tragic incident (as well as some aspects of this thread), the quote from Ron White rings through my brain- "Ya' just can't fix stupid."
It was plainly obvious. The linked forum was for sportbike tuning.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 11-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: san diego
Model: 9780
PIN: 2367A1E9
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 88
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post
Did you seriously just post to tell people not to post?
No I don't see where I told people not to post. I said this is a blackberry forum...and we get plenty of bad news about all sorts of accidents, murders, rapes, etc etc in the news. In my opinion, people don't normally want to see or get into this sort of discussion on a blackberry info site. I don't see what you don't understand about that.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline  
Old 12-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
mriff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Florida swamps
Model: iPhon
OS: 4.0.4
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 6,779
Post Thanks: 106
Thanked 61 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesavila View Post
No I don't see where I told people not to post. I said this is a blackberry forum...and we get plenty of bad news about all sorts of accidents, murders, rapes, etc etc in the news. In my opinion, people don't normally want to see or get into this sort of discussion on a blackberry info site. I don't see what you don't understand about that.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Dude, relax. She winked. And really, it is the rants and rave forum. If it's something you don't want to read, move on.
__________________
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. CD
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.