BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 8100
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrecyguy
ummm... I don't recommend doing that... you will have a bad credit report... I recommend calling them.
heh, sort of like when AT&T put a negative on my report for $1.80? im not kidding. i even told them when i got that last bill that it was a mistake, and they said it would be taken care of. they took care of it allright. i didnt even know until a year later when i went to apply for a loan. the banker even told me that she couldnt believe any company would ever file a report for that little. she told me right there that she would never do business with at&t just because of that very tactic she saw in front of her. that made two lost customers for life.
Offline  
Old 11-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
BBF Veteran
 
coreyg510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost in Translation
Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 3,190
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

But then you skate that line as to....When is it ok to let someone out of their contract???? 1 week left, 2 weeks? 3 months? Or what if they have only had their service for 1 1/2 months....


POLICY POLICY POLICY. There are expections yes...but canceling early to go to another company in hopes that you will one day come back. There ARE customers that some companies have that are unprofitable...no matter what features or revenue they generate.
__________________
He's Back....and better than ever!
Offline  
Old 11-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 8100
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i didnt cancel early. 3 days and i even offered the one month they are crying about. they wouldnt even have to give me service for that month, how could they be losing out? im sorry, but this case is the exception. any reputable service would understand that. if you dont, then youre right there with those corporate crooks.
Offline  
Old 11-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
Magic Bananas
 
ifonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Braselton, Georgia
Model: iP4S
OS: 5.1
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,350
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Default

I'm confused. Are you saying that although you canceled your contract three days before the termination date, you didn't cancel early? Three days before the end of the contract sounds early to me. As a matter of fact, you yourself mentioned that you started service on a Friday and they started billing on a Monday, hence the three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) error that you are experiencing. When you think about it, it sounds like they gave you three days for free at the beginning of your service.

There are rules for a reason. You found out that you broke one of their rules. They hit you with a fine that they identified when you signed up. It doesn't matter if you cancel three months into the contract or three days to the end of the contract. When you break the contract you pay the fine. Simple as that. You keep on mentioning that they didn't lose anything for the three days that you canceled early, but you're missing the point.

As I recall, you also mentioned that you didn't keep all of your paperwork. Bad idea. You should always keep everything, just in case. It sounds like it's too late for negotiations. Good luck, but you might as well pay the fine.
__________________
Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Offline  
Old 11-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 125
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
no, they should have worked a deal so they could potentially have me back someday.
they already have that.. "we give you a free/discount phone if you sign another contract!" I recently went to my insurance agent and dropped coverage to go with another agent. I told her that her rates were too high. She was very understanding, cancelled my policy and did say if my new agents rates go up, to call her and she'd welcome me back. that's about the best you're going to get out of verizon. Companies aren't stupid. They know you have a near zero chance of returning. You don't like them for some reason, so you changed. Why would you change back to something you obviously don't like?
Offline  
Old 11-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 8100
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thats ridiculous. any businessman would tell you that you never shun off a loyal customer like they did to me. uscellular on the other hand, treated me good when i left them. i wouldnt have a problem using them again. if its two, four or ten years from now that doesnt matter. all i know is i will never forget this, and verizon will get that much more bad word of mouth.

i think its sad when some people dont understand the raping these corporations are pulling off. its real, theyre not your mom and pop shop. a local business would have never done this. i guess the majority of people are just too young to know what local businesses were like.
Offline  
Old 11-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Magic Bananas
 
ifonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Braselton, Georgia
Model: iP4S
OS: 5.1
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,350
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Loyal? Were you with Verizon for more than one year? Loyalty can't be defined by staying because you were under contract, considering that effectively you have no choice but to stay. Now if you had re-upped your contract multiple times, now we are getting into loyal. But it sounded like to me that you signed on for a year and then left for another company. Before that, you were apparently with a different company (US Cellular?). Doesn't sound very loyal to me, bouncing around and all.

Verizon is in this for the money just like everyone else, including the mom and pop shops. Verizon existed before you came along, and will continue to exist long after you walk away. They won't shoot themselves in the foot, I promise. When a corporation leaves pulling hundreds of phones, now that's a blow to their bank. They might listen then, but one person... come on.

Do you really think that the other carriers aren't pulling off rapings, as you put it? Heck, this isn't exclusive to wireless carriers. It's big business. Sure, mom and pop stores might have been better for the customer, but then there aren't many left, now are there? Businesses are customer/client driven. They wouldn't exist if it weren't for their customer/clients. In other words, if everyone felt the way you do, then Verizon would cease to exist. Obviously, however, not everyone does. There are clearly enough people (millions, perhaps) that are satisfied with Verizon that they are still around. And will continue to be for a long time, I'm sure.

Besides, this all boils down to you leaving Verizon before your contract was up. It's as simple as that. Had you waited three more days, I doubt that we would be reading this Thread, and I doubt that you would be arguing about how evil Verizon is.
__________________
Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.

Last edited by ifonline : 11-10-2006 at 09:41 PM.
Offline  
Old 11-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 8100
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline
Verizon existed before you came along
i was here long before verizon

and 3 days on a 365 day contract is not cut and dry, sorry. wait till it happens to you, perfect one.
Offline  
Old 11-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 125
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
and 3 days on a 365 day contract is not cut and dry, sorry. wait till it happens to you, perfect one.
As others have pointed out, policy is policy. This is pretty cut and dry. You were off by 3 days. You, earlier, admitted to a 3 day delay when you started your service. When I switched away from sprint I waited a week beyond the date I signed, just to make sure there wasn't any sort of delay, plus I called them before I ported my number away.

Did you call before leaving to verify your date? Would've waiting another few days, to prevent you from wanting to "scorch the earth" because you were wrong on your start date?
Offline  
Old 11-10-2006, 11:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 8100
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

allright you guys are clearly not following the line of this thread. the title is not dealing directly with the current situation. im not going to even continue to try and explain it i have enough grief already
Offline  
Old 11-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Soapm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Mile Hi City
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0
Carrier: TMO
Posts: 2,790
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
allright you guys are clearly not following the line of this thread. the title is not dealing directly with the current situation. im not going to even continue to try and explain it i have enough grief already
You one funny guy. I bet you didn't even try to reactivate the line for 3 days. You can lead a horse to water but drinking is up to him.
Offline  
Old 11-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #32 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 1,050
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
allright you guys are clearly not following the line of this thread...
I think you're, also, not following the line of advice offered by some of the posters here ...

Trying to get Verizon to work according to your personal point of view is a waste of time and effort. You must work WITH the system rather than trying to convince someone to break the rules for what you feel should be an exception.

If you approach the conversation within the frame of reactivating for a short period and then canceling then of course they will not accomidate you. Why should they willingly give up revenue? If you're honest about your intentions to leave then you're already a lost customer; there's no incentive for them to make you happy.

If you were to call Verizon and tell them you've changed your mind and no longer wish to cancel I'm sure they would, very willingly, reinstate your original account, term and monthly rate. Tell them you're back, you love them and you'll never leave them and they'll treat you like they love you too ... then call up again in three days and cancel penalty free ...

(repeat the mantra ... work WITH the system ... work WITH the system ...)
Offline  
Old 11-11-2006, 02:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
DallasFlier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.666
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T
Posts: 1,741
Post Thanks: 30
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
thats ridiculous. any businessman would tell you that you never shun off a loyal customer like they did to me. uscellular on the other hand, treated me good when i left them. i wouldnt have a problem using them again. if its two, four or ten years from now that doesnt matter. all i know is i will never forget this, and verizon will get that much more bad word of mouth.

i think its sad when some people dont understand the raping these corporations are pulling off. its real, theyre not your mom and pop shop. a local business would have never done this. i guess the majority of people are just too young to know what local businesses were like.
Umm, no, what's ridiculous is attempting to characterize yourself as a "loyal customer." A "loyal customer" would be defined as someone who still IS a customer, certainly NOT one who has already terminated and left for the competition. Maybe you better go back and look up the definition of "loyal" in your dictionary.

In the time its taken you to make 117 posts here in the last 10 days, you could have had this resolved.
__________________
Top 50 Year Win%: Nebraska-.785 tOSU-.768 Penn St-.740
Oklahoma-.740 Texas-.733 Alabama-.729 Michigan-.724 USC-.723
Dominance! The HUSKER Tradition!
Offline  
Old 11-11-2006, 07:54 AM   #34 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 125
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
allright you guys are clearly not following the line of this thread. the title is not dealing directly with the current situation.
Lets see if I can bring everyone up to speed..
Quote:
my god am i glad i got a one year contract.
Quote:
any businessman would tell you that you never shun off a loyal customer like they did to me.
You claim customer loyalty after having been with them for 362 days, so they should bend over backwards for you, because you broke the contract before day 366. You didn't call to check contract date, and you didn't wait an extra week or so, just to make sure.
Quote:
apparently it was my fault. i termintated 3 DAYS EARLY.
here, you admit to this fact..

Why are you so mad at verizon? They did what they said they would.. they provided phone service to you, at the price agreed upon, then are charging you the early cancellation fee that you agreed to in the contract. The company has no obligation to do anything for you.

The customer is not always right. People don't like hearing it, but in this instance, I have to side 100% with Verizon. You can threaten to sue, you can even bring them to court, but at this point, you're not complaining because you were wronged, you're complaining because you don't think its right that they followed the contract..
Offline  
Old 11-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #35 (permalink)
Magic Bananas
 
ifonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Braselton, Georgia
Model: iP4S
OS: 5.1
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,350
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
i was here long before verizon
You have completely missed the point of my comments.

Quote:
and 3 days on a 365 day contract is not cut and dry, sorry. wait till it happens to you, perfect one.
Actually, yes it is. Three days is a finite amount of time (hence cut and dry). Your contract specified that you be with Verizon for 365 days, but you were with them for 362 days. That is a very real, definitive, and verifiable value. Very cut and dry.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment, but I'm far from perfect. One thing I do believe in, however, is honesty and integrity. I believe in accepting my mistakes and learning from them, not pointing the finger at someone else and expecting a handout.

Quote:
allright you guys are clearly not following the line of this thread. the title is not dealing directly with the current situation. im not going to even continue to try and explain it i have enough grief already
How are we not following the line of this Thread? You are ranting because you broke your contract and Verizon fined you for it. Several people have pointed out ways to possibly fix the situation, and several others, myself included, have pointed out problems with your argument. All in line with the spirit of this Thread. The problem, as I see it, is that no one is supporting you. Therefore, you suggest that we have got it all wrong, right?

Again, good luck.
__________________
Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Offline  
Old 11-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #36 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Model: 8100
Posts: 221
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Today i was awaken with an email from Verizon Rep, Luis, saying they are crediting my account in the amount of $112, in this case the difference of the termination free and my last months bill that i would have recieved.

This was I was talking about when I said it wasnt cut and dry. Luis understood it. While it may be unfortunate they couldnt help me over the phone, its nice to know they read and care about their emails.

They also DO care about their lost customers. This is the business ethics I was talking about. My mind about Verizon has completely changed, I can no longer continue to ridicule and I made sure I replied saying so.

I think you all need to take a step back and stop taking life so literal by word. This is not a black and white world, and there is such a thing as being fair with good service.

Verizon is on my 'good' list again. I cannot do anything but reguard them highly now. I am very happy that i can close out this topic with a good ending, and the earth is saved. Im not targeting any specific members, but I was sad to see the sheer shrewdness of your replies (much like of the first time i called verizon). I hope you will understand that this situation was an exception

Nevertheless, praise Verizon. I will consider them again for service in the future, and i made sure i told them specifically. Thanks for the other replies too. All in all this is good reference, hopefully nobody else here has to go through this.

Last edited by coreyg510 : 11-11-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Offline  
Old 11-11-2006, 10:19 AM   #37 (permalink)
Magic Bananas
 
ifonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Braselton, Georgia
Model: iP4S
OS: 5.1
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,350
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Unfortunate that you see your situation as the exception. Oh well... wonders never cease.
__________________
Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.