1 Use Add/Remove buttons to remove BlackBerry® Desktop Manager:
1. Go to Start > Settings > Add/Remove programs.
2. Select BlackBerry Desktop Software.
3. Select Remove.
2 Delete registry entries:
1. Go to Start > Run > type Regedit > Select OK.
2. Delete the Research In Motion folder within HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.
3. Delete the Research In Motion folder within HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\.
Note: Modifying the computer registry can cause substantial damage to the Microsoft® Windows® operating system. Document and back up the existing registry entries prior to implementing any changes.
3 Delete folders from Windows® Explorer:
1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Delete the Research In Motion folder within C:\Program Files\..
3. For any version, including Service Pack 4, delete Research In Motion folder within C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\.
Note: If the user is unable to see Application folder, it is probably in a hidden system folder. This can be made visible by selecting Show Hidden Files and Folders option under Windows Explorer.
4 Delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\PUMATECH shared folder.
Note: Any other synchronization software for other personal digital assistants (PDA) using the PUMATECH folder will need to be reinstalled after a successful installation of BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
5 Restart the computer.