Originally Posted by veejayr
On my 7130c, I'm using Desktop Mgr 4.3, with v.4.2196 OS.
After synch appears to finish, I get an Intellisync error that says "Error Code 0x8004fd2b. Check Documentation". I've searched the BB site, but can't find any documentation of this error at all. The data in my BB appears to be ok.
Anyone else experience this - or have any ideas?
The DM Log said:
Internal Error #-725
Couldn't find any reference to this error message anywhere, but applied the following workaround, which I found elsewhere, for Error 728. This worked - at least for now - altho comparing logs from before and after, I can't see what the issue might have been. Steps are below.
Moderators - is this solution generic enough to be posted to the DM FAQ?
Complete the following to fix:
1. Make sure BlackBerry Desktop Manager is closed.
2. Locate the Intellisync folder on your computer. This folder can be found at C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\. If you can't find the Application Data folder, see note below.
3. Rename the Intellisync folder (e.g., Intellisync_old).
4. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
5. Connect your BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
6. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, double-click Synchronize, click the Configuration tab, and then click Configure synch. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, double-click Intellisync, and then click Configure PIM.
7. Configure your synchronization options. For assistance, click Help on the Device Configuration window.
8. When have finished configuring the synchronization options, click OK to close the Device Configuration window.
9. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.2 or later, click the Synchronize tab, make sure the Synchronize organize data check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now. If you are running BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.1 or earlier, make sure the Synchronize PIM check box is selected, and then click Synchronize now.
A new Intellisync folder is created.
If the Application Data folder cannot be located, the folder may be hidden. To make this folder visible, complete these steps:
1. While viewing the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>, click Tools > Folder Options.
2. Click on the View tab.
3. Select the Show hidden files and folders option under Hidden files and folders.
4. Click OK.