BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2 Germany
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question suddenly "unable to open pdp context"

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I'm new here and might ask some stupid questions, so be warned
I'm using an Orange UK branded 8100 pearl with german O2 network provider (no roaming, it's actually a native german O2 SIM card). I know this is not the way it's meant to be, but thats how it is I got this one in China with a Chinese OS on it (and without the browser), so I installed Roger's 4.2.1.189/4.2.1.109 without any problems. The browser was finally there in the menu.

Internet worked fine, at least with the built in browser via WAP transport which was the only thing I've really tested until now. I visited mobile.google.com, logged in to my gmail account, downloaded and installed google mail and google sync java applications, everything went fine. But neither gsync nor gmail (the java apps) could connect, telling me that secure end-to-end connections weren't supported. "ok" I thought, browsed through the options and found a thing called "TCP". Everything was empty here so I grabbed the settings from my old mobile phone (don't laugh, it's a Sharp GX 10 - but WAP is one thing that worked). I entered "internet" as APN (without username and password, according to multiple sources you don't need them and I couldn't find any in my old device).
Since then, I can't browse the internet any more. The "requesting" takes about 20 seconds, then I get the following message:
"Unable to open a PDP context to the following APN: internet. This may happen because the currently selected Browser configuration is not compatible with the current network."

So I deleted the APN from the TCP options - didn't help. Entered the APN "internet_foobar", didn't even change the APN in the error message. So I assume, this setting is not the real cause, but I can't figure out what else I could have changed...

My Service Book contains:
- o2 de WAP Transport
- o2 de WAP Transport Secure
- o2 de WAP (Browser Config.)
- O2de WAP Secure (Browser Config.)
- WAP MMS Transport
- Wap Push Config

When I took a look at them, I noticed that the gateway ip of the WAP transports was "//195.182.114.52:9201;8205/internet|GPAK", already containing the APN that appears in the error messages.

My HRT is empty. However, when watch the WAP transports' properties, I can see an HRT entry named "o2de (Secure) WAPtrans [30]".

I would be so glad if you could help! If you need any more information, I will be happy to give them.

bersbers
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.