07-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | No keys working on Blackberry 7750
Please Login to Remove!
I have had a RIM Blackberry 7750 for about 6 months now. About two weeks ago I updated my OS to 4.0 as we our BES administrator advised that we had to, due to some server issues. All has been working pretty well since... until last night. Below is a chronological sequence of events. Any ideas
- I went to unlock the device. It kept telling me I was entering the wrong password. After a few tries, I found out that nothing was happening when I hit the "e" key. I tried repeatedly and could not get this key to do anything and since this is a character in my p/w, I was stuck.
- Finally I decided to reboot to see if that would help. First I tried just turning the device off and back on.
- When I turned it off I got a message that I have never seen before. It was approximately "Turning off handheld device. Next on time July 4, 2005 6:32 AM". What does this mean? Keep in mind that 4-July was 2 days in the future at the time.
- When I turned it back on, it came up to the main screen, but many keys would now not work. I didn't investigat which ones exactly, but it seemed to be a bunch. The track wheel and cancel buttons seemed to function.
- At this point I could not power off the device since one button that was not working was the power button and I could not get to the main menu to shut down from there.
- I then removed the battery, left it out for about 30 seconds, and then replaced it.
- The device booted, but now virtually no keys would work. The only thing that it seems to respond to is rolling the track wheel. If you do this, the "unlock" screen appears, but you can't do anything beyond that. The "click" on the track wheel and the cancel button seem to do nothing.
- I repeated the above "hard reboot" several times with the same results.
- I visited my local Verizon store and they were no help. They just told me to call tech support which I am unable to get in touch with. Every menu option I choose just hangs up on me.
- I then erased and reloaded the OS (4.0) via the desktop manager.
- Same results as above.
- I have "hard rebooted" a couple times since the OS reload, to no avail.
I don't know what else to try. Any advice???????