BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Redirector Stopped Working

Please Login to Remove!

I am having trouble configuring Redirector. It worked fine for a month and last Saturday it stopped working. I do not recall making any changes.

I'm have a BB 8330 Curve (Sprint) and am using Outlook 2007 Exchange Server at work.

When I open Redirector the Program title reads

"Disabled - Blackberry Desktop Redirector"

My PinMy: (my pin is listed) Status: Verifiying forwarding Address
Forwarded: 736
Sent from handheld: 26
Pending for handheld: 51
Expired: 0
Filtered: 0

Time the last message was received by the device: Sat Jan 24th
Time the last message was sent by the device: Fri Jan 30
Time since last device contact: 00:34:14
Result of last transaction to the device: Delivered to device

I probably have messed things up in the past week in many attempts to get it working again. I have deleted and reinstalled the software and even downloaded new software from RIM all to no avail. Sync works for all Outlook items with the exception of emails.

Blessings on you for any help you can offer.
Offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyseller View Post
I am having trouble configuring Redirector. It worked fine for a month and last Saturday it stopped working. I do not recall making any changes.

I'm have a BB 8330 Curve (Sprint) and am using Outlook 2007 Exchange Server at work.

When I open Redirector the Program title reads

"Disabled - Blackberry Desktop Redirector"

My PinMy: (my pin is listed) Status: Verifiying forwarding Address
Forwarded: 736
Sent from handheld: 26
Pending for handheld: 51
Expired: 0
Filtered: 0

Time the last message was received by the device: Sat Jan 24th
Time the last message was sent by the device: Fri Jan 30
Time since last device contact: 00:34:14
Result of last transaction to the device: Delivered to device

I probably have messed things up in the past week in many attempts to get it working again. I have deleted and reinstalled the software and even downloaded new software from RIM all to no avail. Sync works for all Outlook items with the exception of emails.

Blessings on you for any help you can offer.
For starters:

Connect your handheld via USB to the Desktop Manager and Manually Generate a new encryption key. Then Battery pull the device.

Good Luck!

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you. I did give it a try and I'm still stuck.
Offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I would check your plan to make sure that you are on a BES plan not BIS. If they switched you to BIS it might be the cause. Otherwise, if you have access to your work email via OWA I would strongly suggest that you move to BIS replication, you won't have to leave your PC running and you will be able to view attachments to boot. Not to mention you would save a few bucks a month on your plan.

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Some blessed soul named Lostinspace suggested the following fix that worked perfectly:

Click on start > run and type regedit then click OK

Locate this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research in Motion\Redirector

Change the Value from "network@etp.ca.blackberry.net" to "network@blackberry.net"

Restart Redirector

It worked! Yippee!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.