04-30-2009, 04:54 AM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Calender Synch problem on BOLD
The synch process stops suddenly and displays the error message 'Unexpected failure' etc etc - and this always crops up at calender entry y of x entries, and it always crashes at the same point.
The problem is a corrupt calender entry - once you delete this entry the bold will re-synch without any problems.
The process is as follows:-
1. Locate your 'iloptcfg' file (this is tucked away in C:\docs and settings\users\application data\research in motion\blackberry\intellisynch - you may need to hunt around a bit down there, but you'll find it)
2. Open this file and change two settings such that:-
3. Save and close the file
4. In same directory as above you'll also find two text files called tif and pttrace. Delete both of these.
5. Set BB to synch only calender and re-synch (don't dispair cos it's gonna dump, but it's all part of the process)
6. Go back to above directory and open the pttrace file. Scroll down until you see the various individual calender entries displayed (each one has quite a bit of text attached to it).
7. You will see that the pttrace text comes to an abrubt halt (bottom of page) at a particular calender entry.
8. Read through the entry and make a note of the title and date, time of the calender entry (as far as this is possible - the more info you can get the easy it becomes in next step to locate the entry in Outlook)
9. Open Outlook and go to calender. Change view to 'Category' - search through the entries until you find the rogue entry that you just noted.
10. Make a note of the entry details (if it's important) then delete it.
11. Go back to the iloptcfg file (see above) and change settings back to:
12. Save and exit file
13. Re-synch BB (take care how you do this in terms of one or two way synch etc)
14. Input your calender entry again on Oulook.
I hope this helps - I took about 10 frsutrating hours to get to this solution!!