03-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Join Date: Mar 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | BB Desktop Manager Cannot Find Install File and cannot delete, repair, or reinstall
Please Login to Remove!
I am running Windows XP SP3 and my Blackberry Desktop Manager v4.7 is no longer working. Not only is it not working but I can't delete or reinstall a new instance of it! The background of this issue is that I discovered the issue when attempting to host a webex meeting. Before the webex would complete loading, a pop up window appeared on the screen stating that my Blackberry Desktop Manager was being installed. The webex stops loading, and the BB Desktop manager install errors out with a pop up stating:
"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package “Blackberry Desktop Software.msi” in the box below.” In the Use Source drop down field it is populated with: C:\DOCUME~1\JUSTIN~1.THO\LOCALS~1\Temp\WZSE0.TMP."
I then attempted to repair, reinstall, and delete Blackberry Desktop Manager but all failed and I do not know what else to do. Details of my troubleshooting are below for any that would like to take on the challenge!
Attempt 1: Delete Blackberry Desktop Manager from my PC
• Attempted to delete previous version of Blackberry Desktop Manager by going to Control Panel Add/Remove applications.
• When I select on Delete application and remove all users settings I receive the following error during the removing/copying new files scroll bar.”
“Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:/Windows/Installer/Blackberry Desktop Software.msi.”
• The then receive the same pop up notice that I received when trying to install the Blackberry Desktop .exe:
“The wizard was interrupted before Blackberry Desktop Software 4.7 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run the setup again.”
Attempt 2: Repair Existing Blackberry Desktop Manager
• Accessed the Remove/Add screen from the Control Panel
• Selected on BB Desktop Manager 4.7
• Selected Repair
• During the Status scrollbar I received the following error: “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package Blackberry Desktop Software.msi” In the Use Source drop down field on the error window it is populated with: “C:\DOCUME~1\JUSTIN~1.THO\LOCALS~1\Temp\WZSE0.TMP. ”
• When I click on “OK” I receive the following error: Error 1706. No Valid source could be found for product Blackberry Desktop Sofware 4.7. The Windows Installer cannot continue.
Attempt 3: Reinstall Blackberry Desktop Manager from the Web
• Downloaded Blackberry Desktop Manager from RIM’s website
• Saved the .exe file to my desktop and tried re-installing
• I received a pop up stating the following error:
“The wizard was interrupted before Blackberry Desktop Software could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run the setup again.”
• Rebooted my pc and tried the install again, but received the same error
Sorry for the long post, but wanted to provide as much information as possible. Thanks in advance.