BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
MrKyoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 4s
OS: iOS
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4,546
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

ifonline, I had some initial lag with BBM5 especially with groups. I made some setting changes in the group details and my lag issues have gone.
Offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator
 
SteveO86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS
Posts: 6,534
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default

Which OS are you running one your Tour?

I was thinking it was a BBM 5/OS 4.5 bug, maybe it's a BMM 5/OS 4.x bug.
__________________
8830 -> 8330 -> 9550 -> 9650
Just think about how far BlackBerries have come from then till now... And what else is coming.

Follow me on Twitter
Offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,877
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 75 Times in 56 Posts
Default

My Tour is runnig 4.5.1.57.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
Magic Bananas
 
ifonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Braselton, Georgia
Model: iP4S
OS: 5.1
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 2,350
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 54 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo View Post
ifonline, I had some initial lag with BBM5 especially with groups. I made some setting changes in the group details and my lag issues have gone.
Interesting. I tried to change settings to see if I could get it worked out, but I have given up. I'll just wait for another release and try again.
__________________
Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator
 
SteveO86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS
Posts: 6,534
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
My Tour is runnig 4.5.1.57.
You mean 4.7.1.57 Right?
__________________
8830 -> 8330 -> 9550 -> 9650
Just think about how far BlackBerries have come from then till now... And what else is coming.

Follow me on Twitter
Offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,877
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 75 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
You mean 4.7.1.57 Right?
Yes
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Mark Rejhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 4,870
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
And now there's a new problem... after a period of time (or possibly after reaching a certain length with the chat session) the chat freezes and I can no longer respond to the chat. I have to end the chat and start a new one.
Same here. It's a problem afflicting faster-than-usual thumbtyping that can also rapid-type smiley faces. It seems to happen more often when I'm typing very fast (at 70 words per minute on my BlackBerry) and sometimes while inserting emoticons manually by typing several emoticon characters too, and then scrolling back to edit text between emoticon icons, rapid-fire editing of all sorts. Then it starts to mess up there... My opinion is that I think that RIM needs a public beta level between the RIM internal QC, and the broad deployment. Like Apple's developer program -- Apple often releases beta operating systems. The BlackBerry audience is big enough that this is becoming necessary... [/font]


[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I have installed OS 5 and am glad to see its speed improvements. There are a number of glitches, but at 5.0.0.238 they are tolerable that I won't revert to OS 4.6. Main complaint is the bugs with threaded SMS. But I like the threading in SMS, it is a wonderful improvement and turns SMS into an instant messenger, and works great with iPhone users who use threaded SMS -- they are all highlighted as new messages, even if they're already read -- and texting is buggy from phone numbers embedded in emails and webpages But other than these bugs, OS5 is extremely stable. Everything is so much faster than OS4, even BlackBerry Browser is much more usable and runs more AJAX pages better, including streaming HTML chat sites with realtime streaming HTML text (such as Sprint Captioned Telephone, which I use, because I am deaf). It's a good interim until a WebKit browser becomes available (unless it's already using a WebKit based one now). Camera and video is much better, with the translucent overlay, and much faster thumbnails-browsing (especially on a high-performace premium MicroSD card). [/font]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I just WISH RIM would standardize on the letters "i" and "o" for zoom in/zoom out in all photo apps and web browser apps, because I really really really want to zoom in/out more easily in a more consistent manner in all BlackBerry applications. iPhone has pinch-zoom, but the very least RIM could do is to standardize zoom hotkeys "i" == "Zoom In" and "o" == "Zoom Out" ... Which has always been the case for the web browser but RIM does not consistently implement these in all applications that use zooming features, only some of them. And they actually removed these zoom hotkeys from one of the apps![/font]
__________________
Thanks,
Mark Rejhon
Author of XMPP extension XEP-0301:
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
CoDudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Model: iOS
OS: 5.0.1
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN
Posts: 1,937
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
I've also experienced the inability to download a file when someone tries to send it to me. I will click accept and then it just sits at 0.0KB received forever.
Same here, one of the annoying features. friends who use bbm 5.0 always have an issue either receiving a file from me, or when i get a file from them, it gets stuck at 0.0kb.

however.. another friend of mine is using the older bbm and when she sent me a file, i had the option to view the file before saving.
so does that mean if you send a file using the old BBM to someone who has the new BBM you can view the file before saving? i find that pretty messed up.

the lags haven't been so bad of late..so that's a good thing.
Offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,877
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 75 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon View Post
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Same here. It's a problem afflicting faster-than-usual thumbtyping that can also rapid-type smiley faces. It seems to happen more often when I'm typing very fast (at 70 words per minute on my BlackBerry) and sometimes while inserting emoticons manually by typing several emoticon characters too, and then scrolling back to edit text between emoticon icons, rapid-fire editing of all sorts. Then it starts to mess up there... My opinion is that I think that RIM needs a public beta level between the RIM internal QC, and the broad deployment. Like Apple's developer program -- Apple often releases beta operating systems. The BlackBerry audience is big enough that this is becoming necessary... [/font]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I have installed OS 5 and am glad to see its speed improvements. There are a number of glitches, but at 5.0.0.238 they are tolerable that I won't revert to OS 4.6. Main complaint is the bugs with threaded SMS. But I like the threading in SMS, it is a wonderful improvement and turns SMS into an instant messenger, and works great with iPhone users who use threaded SMS -- they are all highlighted as new messages, even if they're already read -- and texting is buggy from phone numbers embedded in emails and webpages But other than these bugs, OS5 is extremely stable. Everything is so much faster than OS4, even BlackBerry Browser is much more usable and runs more AJAX pages better, including streaming HTML chat sites with realtime streaming HTML text (such as Sprint Captioned Telephone, which I use, because I am deaf). It's a good interim until a WebKit browser becomes available (unless it's already using a WebKit based one now). Camera and video is much better, with the translucent overlay, and much faster thumbnails-browsing (especially on a high-performace premium MicroSD card). [/font]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I just WISH RIM would standardize on the letters "i" and "o" for zoom in/zoom out in all photo apps and web browser apps, because I really really really want to zoom in/out more easily in a more consistent manner in all BlackBerry applications. iPhone has pinch-zoom, but the very least RIM could do is to standardize zoom hotkeys "i" == "Zoom In" and "o" == "Zoom Out" ... Which has always been the case for the web browser but RIM does not consistently implement these in all applications that use zooming features, only some of them. And they actually removed these zoom hotkeys from one of the apps![/font]
You lost me after 'Same here'.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 10-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
MrKyoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 4s
OS: iOS
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 4,546
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
You lost me after 'Same here'.
Wow, you're good. I didn't get that far.
Offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
CoDudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Model: iOS
OS: 5.0.1
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN
Posts: 1,937
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo View Post
Wow, you're good. I didn't get that far.
I saw the length of the post and that was that.
although i'm sure it was real informative?
Offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Paspt
OS: 10.3.0.90
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long
Posts: 9,176
Post Thanks: 120
Thanked 147 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDudette View Post
I saw the length of the post and that was that.
although i'm sure it was real informative?
I think he's trying to use html instead of BB code and html is not working. It adds a lot of text to the post and makes it a lot harder to read.
__________________
Report spam text messages to 7726
#BlackBerry by choice
Offline  
Old 10-21-2009, 01:56 AM   #33 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
CoDudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Model: iOS
OS: 5.0.1
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN
Posts: 1,937
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
I think he's trying to use html instead of BB code and html is not working. It adds a lot of text to the post and makes it a lot harder to read.
I tried.. i got confused. d'oh!
Offline  
Old 10-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 31
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon View Post
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Same here. It's a problem afflicting faster-than-usual thumbtyping that can also rapid-type smiley faces. It seems to happen more often when I'm typing very fast (at 70 words per minute on my BlackBerry) and sometimes while inserting emoticons manually by typing several emoticon characters too, and then scrolling back to edit text between emoticon icons, rapid-fire editing of all sorts. Then it starts to mess up there... My opinion is that I think that RIM needs a public beta level between the RIM internal QC, and the broad deployment. Like Apple's developer program -- Apple often releases beta operating systems. The BlackBerry audience is big enough that this is becoming necessary... [/font]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I have installed OS 5 and am glad to see its speed improvements. There are a number of glitches, but at 5.0.0.238 they are tolerable that I won't revert to OS 4.6. Main complaint is the bugs with threaded SMS. But I like the threading in SMS, it is a wonderful improvement and turns SMS into an instant messenger, and works great with iPhone users who use threaded SMS -- they are all highlighted as new messages, even if they're already read -- and texting is buggy from phone numbers embedded in emails and webpages But other than these bugs, OS5 is extremely stable. Everything is so much faster than OS4, even BlackBerry Browser is much more usable and runs more AJAX pages better, including streaming HTML chat sites with realtime streaming HTML text (such as Sprint Captioned Telephone, which I use, because I am deaf). It's a good interim until a WebKit browser becomes available (unless it's already using a WebKit based one now). Camera and video is much better, with the translucent overlay, and much faster thumbnails-browsing (especially on a high-performace premium MicroSD card). [/font]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I just WISH RIM would standardize on the letters "i" and "o" for zoom in/zoom out in all photo apps and web browser apps, because I really really really want to zoom in/out more easily in a more consistent manner in all BlackBerry applications. iPhone has pinch-zoom, but the very least RIM could do is to standardize zoom hotkeys "i" == "Zoom In" and "o" == "Zoom Out" ... Which has always been the case for the web browser but RIM does not consistently implement these in all applications that use zooming features, only some of them. And they actually removed these zoom hotkeys from one of the apps![/font]
Thanks for the info Mark! This was very helpful.

In summary for all of you that couldn't get through it, he's saying that he upgraded to OS 5, and although there are some bugs, the overall benefit is greater.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

APPLE 630-0895-B VRAM 128K X 8 BOARD CARD VINTAGE
$219.99
APPLE 630-0895-B  VRAM 128K X 8 BOARD CARD VINTAGE pictureAPPLE 820-0522-A 630-0895-B LITE VRAM 128K X 8 BOARD >
$299.99
APPLE 820-0522-A 630-0895-B LITE VRAM 128K X 8 BOARD > picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.