Originally Posted by StumpedTechy
I am having a heck of a time with this install.
I did the install of the Desktop Manager and redirector and I setup for everything to sync with outlook and only redirect when not connected to the PC.
The syncing works fine but the redirector is just putzing out on me.
I have Outlook 2003 and I have both the Desktop manager and the Redirector open. I then have 1 email that downloads to the client and then gets sent to the Blackberry. Then after this happens I get a bunch of RIM email messages stacking up in the Outlook 2003. Thaty say the emails are for administration purposes and do not delete. It just hangs there.
Now I can close out both the Desktop manager and the Redirector and then it will get rid of the RIM messages and it will pass along 1 more email and then the RIM messages appear again in outlook.
Is there a reason only 1 email is being processed? I gave full XP Admin rights temporarily to the user just in case they needed it but it did not fix anything.
Can anyone tell me what XP rights the user must have minimally to have this working properly and why its only processing 1 email before stopping with these strange symptoms?
BTW this is for a 7250 blackberry device and the loaded CD was the packaged one that came with the system (this wasn't downloaded).
To fix this...make sure that mail is NOT being delivered to a PST file.
Check your MAPI and ensure it says mail is being delivered to "Mailbox" (For Outlook 2003 go to Control Panel -> Mail -> Profiles, select your profile then -> Properties -> E-Mail Accounts -> View or Change Existing, check value for "Deliver new email to the following location", it should say "Mailbox - <users name>"). Why it works this way?
When an email is sent from the BB, a request is sent to the wireless network then an ETP Server generates a Network message with an ETP attachment and sends it to the specified email address it read from the Service Book on the BB (messages you are sitting which pile up).
Since Redirector's sole function is to monitor the Exchange mailbox "looking" for these messages, it is obviously not seeing them and "redirecting" them. It will not scan a PST file and mail is probably being delivered there even though it's invisible to you and the user in Outlook.
Don't worry about Admin Rights. Irrelevant for this issue. If they can send/receive in Outlook that's all the Rights they need for DTR.
Is this doesn't resolve it, then look at the "Status" in Desktop Redirector and post it here.
As the previous person reported it could be a bad (MAPI) profile for Desktop Manager "purposes" even though Outlook works fine and creating a new one and telling Desktop Manager to use it may resolve as well.