Originally Posted by christerwhitworth
Slight disaster. Upgraded software on my unlocked 7100t running on Cingular. Went from 3.8 to 4.0.2. Used T-mobile's software updates. Installed new desktop software first. Upgrade went according to plan, I thought. All databases backed up and later restored.
Upon completion, phone function disabled. When I open the Call Log, I get an error saying" Error starting net_rim_bb_phone_call_log_entry: Module 'net_rim_bb_phone_api' not found.
Email works fine, but Internet is now not working - no browser available and the T-mobile key located between the answer and disconnect buttons below the screen is no longer active when pushed.
I tried to re-install choosing the repair option, but no dice.
Glad I have a spare phone!
I have a 7100t with TMobile and also did that upgrad when I first got the phone. May seem simple, but plug the phone back in and open up desktop sofware. Click on the Application Loader. When it initializes and lists all the applications, make sure the "Phone" Application box is checked. I am not sure why but it did not automatically check it when I upgrade from 3.8 to 4.0.