BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/)
-   -   gmail plug-in problems (http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/257958-gmail-plug-problems.html)

tcora 02-23-2012 08:18 PM

gmail plug-in problems
 
All: Been using the Gmail Plug-In on my 9000 for several months now. Out of the blue, this morning no messages show up in my gmail inbox on the BB. It simply has a white screen and says "No messages" at the top. The unread messages count is accurate and, if I use the search function and put my email address in, they all then appear. But as soon as I exit the mailbox, things go right back to the way they were.

Things I've tried (no impact):
Battery pull
Deleted and re-created the gmail entry using the Personal Email Setup tool

Any other thoughts or has anyone else seen this? As I said, no settings changes on my part and the mail is all still there (both on the BB and via the gmail web interface), I just can't see it.

Thanks...

Dubdub 02-23-2012 08:36 PM

Re: gmail plug-in problems
 
What BB do you have - an 8800 as your profile says or a 9000 as your post states?

Please update your profile to show the correct device and cell carrier.

tcora 02-23-2012 08:39 PM

Re: gmail plug-in problems
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1768893)
What BB do you have - an 8800 as your profile says or a 9000 as your post states?

Please update your profile to show the correct device and cell carrier.

It's a 9000. Do you have anything of any real assistance to provide?

Dubdub 02-23-2012 08:54 PM

Re: gmail plug-in problems
 
Yes. Update your profile please. We use that information when you have a problem. It makes a big difference on the answer.

And kindly lose the attitude. You will get a better response.

What OS version is on the device?

Did you resend service books?

Log into BIS and make sure that the gmail account is properly set up?

Have you deleted and started over with that account in BIS?

Have you checked the outages section to see if there was a data outage in your area? Verizon has been having issues, not sure if AT&T has in your location.

Google has also been having BB issues for the last while. My entire gmail account was dumped 2 days ago. Calendar worked fine.

tcora 02-23-2012 09:04 PM

Re: gmail plug-in problems
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1768895)
Yes. Update your profile please. We use that information when you have a problem. It makes a big difference on the answer.

And kindly lose the attitude. You will get a better response.

What OS version is on the device?

Did you resend service books?

Log into BIS and make sure that the gmail account is properly set up?

Have you deleted and started over with that account in BIS?

Have you checked the outages section to see if there was a data outage in your area? Verizon has been having issues, not sure if AT&T has in your location.

Google has also been having BB issues for the last while. My entire gmail account was dumped 2 days ago. Calendar worked fine.

I updated the profile. I wrote 9000 because I meant 9000.

OS is 5.0.0.1067.

As I noted, the mail is in the gmail account, both on PC and on the BB, it's just not visible. As I noted, I can use the search function to make it visible, but only while in the mailbox.

No data outages in this area. Corporate mail via BES is flowing just fine, gmail is also flowing just fine, it's just not visible on the handheld.

I've been using BBs since my 857 in 2002, I have tried all the easy stuff. I am looking for someone who has been down this road and has solved the problem. Search around here and on blackberry's forums and you will see instances of folks having this problem for some time now. No definitive solutions have appeared. Maybe I'm hoping for too much (like working software and don't get me started on the memory leaks in this thing).

Reloaded the service books as well.

Yes, I'm frustrated, sorry if I seem to be taking it out on you.

Dubdub 02-23-2012 09:13 PM

Re: gmail plug-in problems
 
Now you just added a bit more information, BES. Has there been an IT Policy change that could be restricting gmail?

Memory leaks were really bad on the older devices. Haven't seen it so much on the newer ones. Now we seem to see memory issues because people load too many apps and use up available memory that way.

What did you do to the device JUST before this happened? Something had to have changed to change the gmail state. install or delete an app or theme? Update the OS? Drop it or get it wet? Drain the battery?

Resent service books? Re-registered on the network?

tcora 02-23-2012 09:18 PM

Re: gmail plug-in problems
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1768900)
Now you just added a bit more information, BES. Has there been an IT Policy change that could be restricting gmail?

Memory leaks were really bad on the older devices. Haven't seen it so much on the newer ones. Now we seem to see memory issues because people load too many apps and use up available memory that way.

What did you do to the device JUST before this happened? Something had to have changed to change the gmail state. install or delete an app or theme? Update the OS? Drop it or get it wet? Drain the battery?

Resent service books? Re-registered on the network?

IT policies last changed on 1 Feb. What I did to the device before this happened was ... nothing. I went to bed last night with it working fine and got up this morning with it not working fine (at least in this regard).

chuckbennett 05-15-2012 03:50 PM

Re: gmail plug-in problems
 
any resolution. It just happened to my 9000. I was receiving 3 gmail accounts, Now 2 accounts work normal and the 3rd I must use search to get any messages to show.

I tried the above items.

tcora 05-15-2012 04:10 PM

Re: gmail plug-in problems
 
Nope. I just ripped out the plug-in and set gmail up the "old fashioned" way. I don't get the threading, etc, but that's OK.

PimpMyBBM 06-01-2012 12:49 AM

Re: gmail plug-in problems
 
Unfortunately, the Gmail plugin is garbage. Read-status sync has been broken since day one and will never be fixed. The Gmail app is somewhat better, but it's officially discontinued by Google.

daphne 06-01-2012 01:29 AM

Re: gmail plug-in problems
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PimpMyBBM (Post 1779097)
Unfortunately, the Gmail plugin is garbage. Read-status sync has been broken since day one and will never be fixed. The Gmail app is somewhat better, but it's officially discontinued by Google.

Please stop posting just to spam you signature link.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.