03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Sep 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Lost OS, content after returning to 184.108.40.206
Please Login to Remove!
I upgraded my 7250 OS to 220.127.116.11 to take advantage of EVDO. The long time to recharge the battery made it necessary to return to 18.104.22.168. In doing so I lost my apps (temporarily) and some content (permanently). I think they're still on my PC, but can't figure out how to restore them. Here's what happened:
1. Ran Application Loader to install 22.214.171.124. In doing so it backed up all my apps and content (mail, bookmarks, contacts, etc.).
2. The 126.96.36.199 apps looked like they loaded successfully -- I saw a screen with them after the restore completed.
3. I was asked to logon to the handheld. After providing my password I was informed it had expired and I needed to create a new one, and did so.
4. The Application Loader could not reconnect to the handheld, with either the old or new password.
5. Hourglass on handheld for 30 or so minutes, followed by a 507 error.
I reloaded the 188.8.131.52 OS succesfully, but am missing my old email. I Am on a BES, but the thing that's troubling is there's no way (that we know of) to load my old email messages or other changes I made on the handheld that aren't replicated to the BES.
Is there a way to reload what was backed up during the OS installation?