Well, I discovered that the log files are useful after all. After reading another thread from christinah my problem was fixed.
I tried to post a link to her thread but apparently I haven't posted enough for links just yet....
The thread subject is "Intellisync Crash"
The secret is the last line in the "tif.log" file...heck, i'll just cut and paste:
Well I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has ever had a similar problem to me as no-one responded at all to my posted problem. After a lot of work, I have discovered the resolution and thought I would post the answer here anyway just in case someone encounters something similar.
I enabled advanced logging as per
EDIT - HYPERLINK REMOVED - EDIT - *GRRR*
Reading through ptTrace.log, the last lines in the log were :
Tue Dec 13 15:42:20 2005: Error 1.0 at
D:\Mav1039513.82_17\core\xlator_libs\ilxtrans\CILF IELD.CPP line 208
Tue Dec 13 15:42:20 2005: Error Description.1.0 at
D:\Mav1039513.82_17\core\xlator_libs\ilxtrans\CILR EC.CPP line 324
This made no sense and googling this error message only found one hit which
only had a 'work around', not a fix.
I then scrolled through tif.log and found the very last entry in there
relating to a particular calendar entry in Lotus Notes. I deleted that
entry, re-synched and it worked fine! Yay. I guess that was a rogue entry
Seems crazy and very user unfriendly that I need to scroll through advanced
logs etc in order to diagnose this type of problem. Surely an error message
'Bad entry in Lotus Notes' or something to that effect would have at least
got me started on the right track
Thanks - Christinah