05-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Level 1 messages can be set to react differently than 'regular' messages. You have to use those in 1 parts:
1. On your Blackberry, go into Messages -> Options -> Email Filters (can also do this in Desktop Manager)
2. Click the wheel and click New
3. Fill in a Filter Name
4. Set the criteria for messages you want to set as Level 1 (i.e, from a certain person, with a certain subject, by priority, etc)
5. Click and save your Filter
The above steps will mark your voicemail messages as a 'Level 1' message.
1. On your Blackberry, click on the Profiles icon.
2. Click on the Profile that is 'On' or 'Active' and click Edit
3. Click on 'Level 1 Messages'
4. Edit both the 'Out of Holster' and 'In Holster' options
5. Click and save the profile.
Note that if you switch between profiles (i.e, swap between Vibrate and Normal), then you may want to edit Level 1 Messages in both profiles.
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!