Dealt with this issue since I upgraded from BB 7100t to 8700g. I am
using Windows 2000 Professional SP4 and MS Office 2003. I tried the
Multi Language version 22.214.171.124dtMULTI on T-Mobile's site and the BB Desktop Manager 126.96.36.199 SP1 ENG on Blackberry.com. Finally walked through the process with
the BB/PDA Group through T-Mobile tech support.
1) Downloaded BB Desktop Mgr 188.8.131.52ENG SP1 from BB site.
2) Uninstall BB Desktop Manager
3) Export Backup Registry
4) HKEY Current User>Software> Remove Research In Motion folder
Remove Puma Technology folder
5) HKEY Local Machine>Software> Remove Research In Motion folder
Remove Puma Technology
folder (if present)
6) Delete Program Files>Research In Motion (if file ODSTRACE istll in
use after reboot remane the filder .old)
7) Reinstall Desktop Manager - Uncheck option to install DM in startup.
8) Aftrer DM Installed - from the Run command - regsrv32 atl.dll
10) Configure Desktop Manager Intellisync
Originally Posted by Gkins3
I am running Desktop Manager 184.108.40.206 and have checked and rechecked all the language settings and still have some wording showing up in a different language that I do not recognize. It is still functional, but an annoyance. I recently installed the same version on a friends computer and everything on his install shows up in this language. Some of the examples of the popup box (while syncing) are: "masaustu kuruluyr" (on the menu) and "Intellisync Kullinici kuruluyr" in the progress bar.
Look familiar to anyone or does anyone know how to put this back to english?
Thanks in advance for the help!
PS - On the friends install, even the ok, cancel and apply button in his Desktop Manager were scrambled.