Not sure if this helps anyone, but I just spent a day trying to figure out why my BB desktop redirector would not work with Outlook 2003 (upgraded from Outlook XP). Tried EVERYTHING (complete re-installs, deleting registry keys, re-syncs, etc.), and I luckily happened upon this thread (link below) while I had the Verizon "guru" telling me what I wanted was not doable. http://www.blackberry.com/developers...671&msRange=15
Basically, there is a utility on your drive called scanpst.exe. I closed Outlook, stopped the BB software and ran this tool on my pst file, which corrected some errors in the file. I restarted the computer and VOILA, no problems.